“Almost Perfect!”

Ranked #30 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Almost Perfect!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My wife and I just stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort for the weekend to go to the Disney parks. It was a a lot of fun! The hotel was excellent. I don't think I would pay the $211 a night that they were charging regularly though. We got a $60\night deal on priceline and couldn't be happier. Anyways, everything was perfect except two things. First, the parking lot is super far from the front door if you self park. For an expensive place like that they should have some type of transportation. Second, The AC was not able to cool the room well. I read that before we stayed at the Hotel in other peoples' reviews. I would have to agree. It cools down, but not well. If you took those two things out of the equation it would be five stars all around. The service was amazing. It was super clean and new. The pool facilities were excellent. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Hi JimmyCook112.

That is an awesome deal you got on priceline....you got so lucky with that! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Again, like I've mentioned in my earlier posts, I'm going to send this to engineering. I'm not sure what is going on with that air conditioning issue but rest assured we will handle the situation quickly.

Thanks again for the review.

Cellular: 407-832-1569

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The hotel is very nice. It has a few restaurants to choose from and a few good bars. The hotel is huge so be prepared to walk a lot. I did not get a chance to go to the pools but they looked very nice. I liked staying at this hotel for work but not sure if I would go back with my family. It is a little too far from Disney.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hi StellaGrace!

Thank you for your review. The hotel is definitely big but we love the open feel to it. I'm glad to hear you had the opportunity to experience the restaurants but sad to hear you didn't get to lay by the pools.

Although we are not on Disney property, we are only 15-20 minutes away and only 5 miles from Universal, SeaWorld, and Wet n Wild.

Thank you again for the review and for staying. We greatly appreciate the business and hope that we can host you and your family in the future.

Thanks,
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We check in and the room was very comfortable..the fan in the bathroom was a little slow. My only real complaint and not much is the air conditioning. If you like it at 68 then but it at 62. The air conditioning in the room could not keep up.
The pools were awesome, clean and we were waited on pool side with wonderful, but expensive drinks. Plentiful towels and the bathroom at the pools was clean and air conditioned.
The food at the hotel was high price along with the drinks. So eat out.....
Their spa center was the best of all. We all had appointments for spa treatments each day and never had a complaint. I have low back problems and after having the Stone massage my back never felt better!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Nice hotel-reminded me of the ATlantis. I wish I could go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 7, 2011

The hotel was extremely nice and rooms are impressive. The only issue I had was trying to check in early and the self park is $12 a day but besides that it was awesome. It's not that far from Disney but be careful soone GPS devices will take you around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
Uh Oh wj2003....we hope you didn't get lost with that GPS!

Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our weather is nice, but I'm sure Hawaii is nicer!!!

Thanks for choosing us. We greatly appreciate it.

Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. The place is magnificent. 3 large beautiful pools, lots of choices for food and drink(though a little pricey), and very nice staff. The self parking was not bad at all. I think if there is a conference it can be a little far. We did get a lift by golf cart one night. Our room was quite large and had everything we needed even a fridge! We went to relax and enjoy florida weather and this was the perfect place to do that. We were happy to be away from the busy disney area but very accesible to highways. we are hoping to return in the summer.

Room Tip: Shop for discount rate!!!
Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks dzk323 for the recent review.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to your future stays. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Winnipeg,Mb
Reviewed April 2, 2011

our stay a the rosen shingle creek was amazing, but not without a few hiccups. We booked with Hotwire and upon arrival found that there was no reservation in the computer, after about 15 min. the lady at the front desk checked us in anyways and said she would take of the rest later so we could get to our room. She also compt. one night of our valet parking. The room was awesome and very clean, we went to the pool area that was just a gorgeous place to lounge and relax after a long day of travel. On the second day we got up early to make it to Disney for opening but the valet had miss placed our keys and we were about 25 min behind by the time they found our keys. the next day we decided to stay at the resort for the day because it was so gorgeous. we ate twice at the resort and the food was satisfactory. we did find that they charged for many amenities that are free at other resorts (internet,parking,etc.) Upon check out we spoke with the front desk in regards to the valet issue and they compt. our second day of parking as well. Our stay was great and we will return to this resort again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi fire888

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay but sad to hear about the hiccups! I've forwarded this information on to the Valet department to make them aware of the situation you brought up.

I'm sorry about your room reservation not being in the system. As Assistant Director of the Reservations Department we are working hard to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

Thanks again. We look forward to hosting you in the future.