Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
4,386 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedcafe osceolatroy shoemakercala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelconference hotelhuge hoteltennis courtsper daypublix supermarketfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We just returned from the Rosen Shingle Creek for a week's stay. The hotel offered peace, beauty and relaxation away from the hustle of Disney. We loved the onsite coffee shop (Starbucks), the Monroe St. Market/Deli, and in house grocery store! The dinner buffet was excellent value and delicious! The pools and grounds were always immaculate. We loved it here and would gladly go back! The staff is very accommodating: from Troy, to the front desk staff. Excellent place to stay! Thank you Rosen Shingle Creek!
Mona
Ontario

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Wow....I get my name mentioned?! You shouldn't have manooshta!

One of the things that Rosen Hotels and Resorts strives for is perfection in the customer skills department and it always makes us happy to see when people are able to experience it.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly in the future if you need to make any future reservations.

Troy Shoemaker
Assistant Director - Central Reservations
Rosen Hotels and Resorts
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
Cellular: 407-832-1569

Reviewed March 20, 2011

First off, I used Priceline and paid maybe 20% of the hotel asking rate (literally). So for what I paid, the hotel is amazing! That said, if I had paid full price, I probably would take my money somewhere else next time.

I'm in my mid twenties and traveled for 2 days with my fiance, her younger brother and sister (14 and 17) and mother. For that age group, it's fine. The Hotel is VERY CLEAN, check-in was quick, the rooms are clean and comfortable - nothing special though. There is NO Wifi in the rooms, just wired internet. That to me, is crazy, (especially since we brought more than one computer).
The walk from the parking lot is NOT A BIG DEAL. Everyone complaining, it was probably a 10 minute walk, if that. The hotel is huge, so the walks to the rooms and such are a little longer than expected, but no more than an extra 5 minutes of so. However, I can understand the inconvenience if you've been at the parks all day.

There are 4 pools (1 lap, 1 zero entry, 1 kiddie, 1 normal). They're open until midnight and very nice. 5 restaurants or so, some pricey. Only ate at the Italian one - good food, but not worthy of the 34-50 a plate price, and portions weren't small. Going to Olive Garden would have cut our bill in half.

There is a Marketplace on the bottom floor open 24/7. It's great! They have pre-made sandwiches, salads, medicine, cokes, cereal, milk, candy, icee machines, etc. Think a bigger and nicer 7-11. Connected to that is a Haagen Daz and a place that services, pizaa, hot sandwiches, deserts, salads, wings/chicken, etc. They close at midnight (however, the employees did not know when or what time the Haagen Daz closed, we got the run around, as the cashiers are the ones that serve us, they didn't want to bother to make the ice cream).

The arcade is small, but nice and serves it's purpose. Grounds are wonderful, staff was fine. I'm not too picky in that department. We did order room service, service was excellent and very fast, plus food was delicious. As for the housekeeping - we didn't use their services as we were only their twice, the room for my fiance's family was redone nicely.

The only issue: Because we didn't use housekeeping, we needed extra toilet paper. I called at 12:30am, then again at 1:15, and then again at 1:45am. The guy apologized and said that they were behind and the person bringing it was very backed up. He said he could personally meet me halfway, but I told him not to worry. I understand their are 1500 rooms in the hotel, but almost 2 hours to bring toilet paper? Just weird. Not a big deal for me though.

Overall, a nice hotel, but not nearly the best.

Bottomline- if you go through Priceline, then it's a steal. If you will be paying $150-$300 a night, I'd consider other options unless you're attending a convention there. The hotel is ideal for business or the couple that want's to dine in nice restaurants and relax in an elegant environment without all the hustle and bustle of Disney Orlando.

If you have young kids and are looking for that fun, family vacation, save your money and go to a more kid friendly place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mikeyyyownz

Hello damnws6.

Your review was so detailed and very much appreciated. We love positive reviews and we love when people are honest to ensure we are able to fix issues that arise. I'm so sorry to hear that you ran into the issue with housekeeping and the delivering of the toiletry items. Our sincere apologies.

Although our hotel has a lot of amenities for the business traveler we are happy to hear you were able to experience the arcade rooms, pool areas and the outlets.

If you need future accommodations, please let me know. I would love the opportunity for you and your fiancé to visit our beautiful facility again in the future.

Troy Shoemaker
Assistant Director - Central Reservations
Rosen Hotels and Resorts
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
Cellular: 407-832-1569

Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with my daughter and loved all the amenities. Great location and beds super comfortable. Loved how well the grounds are kept. Definitely stay there again

• Stayed: March 2011

Great review tlabs! THANK YOU!

Reviewed March 17, 2011

After reading some of the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was an "Old Florida" style contemporary hotel Granted, it's a convention hotel, but they did a great job personalizing it. There's everything you need under one roof, 24 hr deli and grocery store (very reasonable prices). Several restaurants and bars to choose from. The valet parking was quick...(and I'm sorry, but at $20, it's at the low end of hotel prices).
The best part was the room, well appointed, oversized furniture, with high, coffered ceilings with a big picture window overlooking the green golf course and pools. Airy.
The staff couldn't have been nicer...at check-in, I was offered a tour of the grounds (the place is big)..before seeing my room. If you golf, this place is paradise!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Thanks fldan!

Although I'm bias...I totally agree with what you have to say! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,

Thanks again,
Troy Shoemaker | Assistant Director of Reservations
9939 Universal Blvd | Orlando, Fl. 32819
Phone: (407)996-1474 | Cell: (407)832-1569
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Great experience at this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, everyone smiled when you walked past. Great food and extremly clean and well kept. I am a young traveler and usually get treated as such but at this hotel they showed great respect. Pools and hot tubs were extremely clean. Excellent experience would recommend.

PS. The arcade is a nice touch!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Your review made us smile jaxfl0rida!

The pools are amazing! We have to look at them everyday and just dream that we were out there relaxing and enjoying the beautiful sun! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

My personal information is below if you need anything in the future.

Thanks again for your positive review,

Troy Shoemaker | Assistant Director of Reservations