“Fun Fun Fun”
Review of Parliament House

Parliament House
Ranked #68 of 153 Nightlife in Orlando
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me state the obvious in the first line: This is a playground for the LGBT community not a five star hotel. If you want an immaculate clean odorless carpet go somewhere else; if you need a top notch service at the restaurant go somewhere else; if you think that the mattress where you are sleeping is not in perfect condition, then go and pay $400 dollars a night. However, where would you find the friendliest, most spirited community in Florida? Not in South Beach, not even in Fort Lauderdale. The people here are just unique. Come and spend a weekend, make sure you leave before sundown on Sunday and do "the walk of shame." You will never forget the experience. Oh and did I write that the music doesn't stop until 2:00 a.m.? Yes people: 2:00 a.m.

7  Thank JimmyLam1992
There are newer reviews for Parliament House

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It pains me to give this place such a low score, as I love the Parliament house as a nightclub, and we have stayed there before without issue.
However, I would not recommend staying in their rooms at all. First, the rooms are second rate (based on our experience from 2009). This last trip, I had phoned in a reservation over a week before our arrival for the night of 3/16/13 (a Saturday). We planned to travel from South Carolina to Orlando that evening, and knew that we would be late getting in. However, the clerk that took my reservation made no mention of any required arrival time. Indeed, they did charge my credit card right away to hold our room.
When we arrived that night at 11:25pm, I attempted to check in, at which point I was told that my reservation had been cancelled. I certainly had not cancelled it, and we were told it was their "long-standing" policy to cancel reservations at 11pm. Our room was given to somebody else. Yet, we had already paid for it. I was incensed, especially after being tired from the long drive. Long standing policy or not, if they don't tell us, it's irrelevant. They told us they had tried to call me on my cell, but there was no record of any call, and we were always within range. No message, either.
We were told nearby hotels would provide a discount to us if we mentioned that we were "overflow" from the Parliament House, so we went to the Crowne Plaza near downtown. Of course, it was more expensive.
We did protest the charge to our card, and were told that it would be refunded to us. We haven't yet seen that credit, so I'm still wary.

10  Thank jim_from_sf
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Over a number of years the PH has changed all for the positive. The new owners are very carrying and know how to take care of Guests.

2  Thank steve26969
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Gross rooms, staff sucks. Honestly, you get what you pay for and this is just bad. If you've ever wanted to catch something then Parliament House is your spot.

8  Thank DarkVictory
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have visited the P House for years. The staff has never been anything but nice to me. The restaurant is adequate - the meat obviously is packed in boxes and frozen, but it is pretty good for what it is. It's more like a diner than a full service restaurant. Not enough towels in your room? Ask for more at the front desk or from a house keeper! Remote stolen by former guest - ask at the desk. Too cold? Close the air vent. Personally, I take a heater in the winter, but I understand that new doors are planned, and possibly room heating/A/C units. For now Security can usually adjust the temperature from a central location. Again, call the front desk during the day - but remember that Security won't enter a guest room for that at 3 A.M. Simply leaving the door open causes the units to freeze; the same thing that would happen if you did it at home. I have never, in 20 years, been asked for a tip by the cleaning staff or anyone else at this location. I have seen rooms totally trashed by guests who didn't even leave a $1 tip. LEAVE A TIP, and hope that you never experience what these women see almost every day. Most hotels change the sheets about every other day now, and this is no exception. But they will change them if you ask. Don't take out on the desk clerk items over which they have no control. They can help with your problem and pass it to the correct location, but it's not their fault. It comes down to communication.. Treat the staff the way that you would hope to be treated under the same circumstances If you have a Florida I.D. ask if there is a special rates for the rooms. My main complaint? The daily charge for the in-room safe. And if you don't like this place then stay home. Or go to the Scottish Inn in Ocala. You'll never complain about another hotel in your life.

33  Thank Bob A