“just OK at best... a better choice would be to order-in at your hotel”

Pirate's Dinner Adventure
Ranked #16 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pirate's Dinner Adventure is an interactive Pirate stunt show that puts you right in the middle of all the action. Over 100 people from the audience is used during the show every night. Voted by Orlando Sentinel readers as Orlando's BEST DINNER THEATER 2011, and runner up Best Themed Restaurant 2012. Visit us for a night of swashbuckling adventure and family fun!
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our family consisting of my wife, myself, our 12 yr old son, our 12 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son, decided to go on Sunday, December 1st, 2013. We took the advice of many and arrived about 5 minutes after the 7:30 pm show start time. As everyone said, this is a good choice. We walked right in and didn't have to endure the selling up of any product (with the exception of the $20 photo at the entrance) or lines. It was a slow night, only about 100-125 visitors were there which meant we didnt have to pay extra to be seated in the "VIP" row. I'm not sure it would ever be worth it anyway... although their seats were centered, we all we far enough back to see the whole set.

Let me back up a little though... I bought our tickets on line and lucked into a 'black friday' deal which allowed me to buy all tickets for $29 a piece from the pirate's website. With that said, we went to the ticket window when we got there to check in. OK, so even though each of the tickets cost $29, I made the mistake of saying that I needed 3 kids and 2 adults when I placed the order online. WRONG MOVE. Once I got to the ticket counter a dude named Nupaul W (who had NO personality - he actual made us feel like we were wasting his time) asked if we wanted to upgrade our meals for a price - our two 12yr olds didnt want the mandatory Chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese so we opted to upgrade them to Beef Skewers. Nope, cant do that Nupaul W. told us... for NO amount of money unless we upgraded them to an adult ticket... we could only upgrade them to beef skewers IF they had an adult ticket. I explained that we didnt know that and we paid the same for each of the 5 tickets online. He said that he couldnt upgrade the kids tickets to beef. WOW... my bad for telling the truth. I should have labeled ALL my $29 tickets online as adults. Thanks for the flexibility Nupaul. His illogical thought process, and the extra $12 charge to upgrade to 'Chicken only' started our experience with a Grade of D-. It wasnt an "F" because he was at least Nupaul was 'present' (but not friendly and present) at the window.

The cast of characters were great. Very Very Friendly and happy to have us there. The show was boring at times and wasnt engaging until the audience participated. THAT seemed to get us back on track throughout the show. My 12 yr olds said the show was to 'kidish' (meaning they were too old for it to be interesting). My 9 yr old shared their opinion, but I'm guessing only because he wanted to fit in. If it were only him, I think he would have loved it. This show appeals to kids 10 and under I'm guessing due to the response of the 10 and under crowd throughout the show.

The sound system seemed to be a problematic issue. The characters voices were often muffled by the accompanied movie-type soundtrack making it hard to follow the storyline. The only theatrical aspect worse than the sound was the lighting. For us, the best part of the show was the acrobatic girl swinging around without a safety net. SHE WAS IMPRESSIVE! Too bad we could hardly see her because she performed high over the stage lights. She deserved a spot light but didn't get one. The spot light coulda been manned by Nupaul... it could have gotten him away from the public!

Overall... I would say, unless the tickets are free, or you have kids 10 and under, don't waste your time; with the time spent at this venue, you could be resting up instead for a day of walking at the theme parks.

2  Thank Ohio_Jim
Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

1  Thank Ohio_Jim
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Upon arrival we found one parking lot entrance closed and the outside areas poorly lit. Checking in was very slow. We were told to arrive early for a pre-show and appetizers. In the waiting area we had to stand for at least 1 hour because there were not enough seats for guests. This was painful and exhausting. The chicken salad appetizer was good. TV screens mounted around the area showed promotional videos for other shows the theater offered. Since one was a burlesque type show, it was offensive especially considering we had young children in the party. The pre-show was corny at best and lasted 10 minutes at most. We had made reservations weeks in advance but received seats on a side area behind netting. It was hard to see. I noted nets were in all the cornor areas. The lighting was poor and there was a fog over the stage. Also, each team had a colored spotlight designating their team color. When the spotlight came on we were blinded. All combined, we had difficulty seeing the actors. The story line never grabbed us and the stunts were practically nonexistent. Just a lot of screaming and loud noises. Dinner was not as listed in the advertisements. We had ordered chicken but were told it was overcooked and received a steak upgrade with cold mixed vegetables and rice. The brownie dessert was dry. We asked for coffee and never received it. Dinner service was complete chaos. I purchased the photo which was taken preshow. I asked for a plastic bag to put the photo in to protect it from spills and make carrying easier and was told they didn't have any! Plastic bags for photos are standard at any quality dinner show. Seven of us attended. Only the 5 and 10 year olds liked it. Our family of seven attended the show while visiting the area and it was to be gramma and grampas treat. Instead it was a bitter disappointment. We felt deceived and robbed. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT GO.

2  Thank Lakeside17
Reviewed December 1, 2013

They cast really put in an effort and the show is fun for kids. I would be happy to go again as long as i didn't have to eat the food. I had one beer on the house and it was room temperature. Salad was poor to bad just iceberg lettuce and a few carrot slices and tomato.

Like my ten year old son said " it was cool, but the food was gross". he didn't even like the cake. how do you mess up cake?

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The show is Las Vegas quality and the kids will love it. Food was pretty basic but good. Stick around after the show to take pictures with the cast. The cast has a lot of happy people.