“kinda cheesy, kinda cute” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pirate's Dinner Adventure is an interactive Pirate stunt show that puts you right in the middle of all the action. Over 100 people from the audience is used during the show every night. Voted by Orlando Sentinel readers as Orlando's BEST DINNER THEATER 2011, and runner up Best Themed Restaurant 2012. Visit us for a night of swashbuckling adventure and family fun!
Czech Republic
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“kinda cheesy, kinda cute”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We got discount tickets (about half off).
It was nearly impossible to hear the actors (the speakers were deafeningly loud but the sounds were not clear) and a lot of the action was difficult to follow (why is the "gypsy" woman twirling around? who knows?). The table service was poor and although sometimes I think the waitress was asking questions it was too hard to hear her over the booming speakers so whatever was offered was rejected. There may have been a storyline or plot? but I couldn't tell you.
That said: the actors tried particularly hard at engaging the children in the audience, which was very cute. The food was okay. I didn't feel like we were "tricked" into upgrades at any point (offered them, but not tricked into them). The show was interesting as far as we could understand it. It was an okay evening -- not fabulous, okay, but we all laughed and we enjoyed cheering for our pirate, and half off of the regular price was a good price for an evening's entertainment.

Visited February 2013
Julie B, Guest Relations Manager at Pirate's Dinner Adventure, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Ahoy Tuckova,

Thank you for posting a review.

I apologize that the sound was not up to standards on the evening you attended. I will most definitely forward your comments to our management team.

We are happy to hear that you found us value for money, and did not feel tricked in to upgrading. Our upgrades are offered to those guests looking for a little bit extra, but we do not under any circumstances truck people into purchasing them.

Come back to see us when you are next in Orlando.

Pirates Dinner Adventure

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible experience EVER!HOW DARE THEY TRY TO KEEP MY MONEY?!?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My bf wanted to surprise me for Vday,so he had reservations for 7:30.I went to the bar.I waited there for service when an older gentleman approached the bar & was taken care of before me!The bartender did make it up to us.After we were seated,we were the ONLY row who did not get serviced until everyone else was served their dinners and were almost done with it.It's amazing how ANY type of restaurant is clueless that an entire row of people were not even checked up on once.Somebody did not show up for their shift & the manager didn't even think about checking up on our section until my boyfriend finally asked where was our waiter to another waitress.After watching everyone else eat their dinner the manager finally showed up to serve the drinks & salads.I had ordered through him a couple of drinks with my debit card.After a while my boyfriend had to go chase down the drinks.Right as he got back & we were just finishing our salads we had smelled something that was similar to an electrical fire.We were imidiately evacuated,& firetrucks had arrived. By this time it was 9pm & we just wanted to go home.We were still hungry,unlike everyone else we never received our dinner.I tried to call to have our reservations and drinks refunded and the person I was speaking to was no help at all.I gave my boyfriends name to her and she came back with a completely different name.She wouldn't even a 2nd time!I called the day right after this mess and finally had someone to process the refund for the reservation,but when I told her about the drinks she tells me there is no way to track it.I know for a fact with the receipt # you are able to find that in the system,I had explained this to her.She replies that they are only doing refunds for reservations.I asked to speak to a manager.She placed me on hold for a bit until I was trasnferred to a voicemail.I called back and I asked again to speak to a manager. She told me that there was no manager.How on earth is there nobody in charge in a restaurant?She told me I needed to speak with Julie,so I asked when she will be in.She replied saying that she did not know.I asked if she would be in the next day,again she did not know.So I left a msg & sent an email.I had an email replied but never a phone call to speak with me directly.She said that they could either refund me or give me an upgrade to VIP(which was just front row).She explained that everybody was in our same position that night.I explained to her that we were the ONLY row in the entire place that wasn't even approached that night until it was too late.So I told her I wanted our entire refund.I have not heard back from her or received my money back.It is obvious that they do not care about their customer service!

5 Thank Judely S
Ahoy Judely,

I do apologize for the confusion on Valentines Night when for the safety of all of our guests we were forced to evacuate the building.

We do take our guests very seriously, and as I mentioned to you the day that I was able to speak with you, your refunds has been return to the credit card you used to pay. Depending on the card used this could take between 3 to 5 pays to appear in your account.

Once again my apologies for the unfortunate circumstances.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss further.

guestrelations@piratesdinneradventure.com
407.206.5100 x 247
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Call the police because I was robbed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Read all the reviews from February 17, 2013. It was terrible from the moment we paid $5.00 for parking. I appreciate the actors effort but I don't appreciate the robbery that took place. I paid $275 for 5 adults and 1 child. The communication to be seated was horrendous, the salad portion was a joke an the waiter advised he was running out of food. The beer was flat and the dinner was cold. I'm sorry to say it was amature night in Orlando to see this how. Extremely disappointed, and to add salt in my wounds I tipped my waiter $30 because he was hustling. It is not his fault the show is a sinking ship!

5 Thank Atr787
Dear Atr787,

Thank you for posting a review.

I apologize that you did not feel that you experience was to your liking. Our managers on duty are available each and every evening to address comments such as yours and also so all of our guests leave the building having had a fun and entertaining evening.

Please be assured that your comments have been forwarded to our management team for us to improve our operation.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Palm Bay, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good show but once is enough.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Livingsocial had promo and since I was going to be in the area, good time to check this place out. The only other dinner attraction I been to was the Medieval Times down towards Kissimmee.

Quick synopsis of what to expect -- We made the reservation over the phone and the lady told us to be at the door at 6:30pm for the 7:30pm show. At the window they asked us Steak or Chicken. We were given tickets to Red section. You can upgrade food and seating but i opted for the economy route.
Once you enter from the outside, lady asked us if we wanted pictures behind a pirate backdrop, we declined. The staging area or should i say pre show is a pretty big room with two bars on opposite ends, gift shop along one wall and a small stage in the corner. For people who upgraded to VIP, there is a room over for your appetizers etc. In the pre show area, people just mingle around, try some appetizers that gets wheeled in by character chef, facepainting, and buy drinks from the bar. When the time gets near show time, pirate characters do a pre show on the small corner stage giving us the background to the main story for the dinner show. Pirate then call everyone to come up by their color grouping and then enter to the main stage area which consists of pirate ship mock up in the center surrounded by water and seating areas all around the perimeter designated by color. Once everyone gets seated in their respectable color zone, dinner gets served and the show goes on. The audience roots for their pirate wearing their color to outlast all other pirates in other colored groupings. After the show, the server brings over tray if you wish to leave tip for the service.

Pros:
Parking is on the same lot and didn't have to pay as some other reviewers mentioned.
Show was pretty exciting but lacked flow. Plenty of loud noises, acrobatic wire swinging and even some high wire acts.
Great interaction with the crowd and plenty of things for children as well as adults to participate with the show.
Dinner consisted of green salad (Ranch or Italian), roasted chicken (seasoned well) with scalloped potatoes, seasoned carrots, and green beans (a bit tough), and cinnamon apple slices for dessert. You can ask your server for wine or drinks from the bar. Soft drinks and beer rounded out the drinks I felt full but not stuffed.

Cons:
The pre show staging area has very very limited seating so if you come as they suggest, be prepare to stand for close to an hour.
If you buy drinks at the bar, be prepare to pay. Always ask the price before ordering drinks.
Need better method of distributing appetizers. The cart gets mobbed by people when they start serving cubed cheese.
The dinner seating is pretty tight with your fellow pirate mates and can be dark at times.
We weren't offered choice of soup or salad, and there were no coffee available.
Don't bring toddler for the 7:30pm showing cause the show lasts about two hrs. I have seen some small kids leaving in parents arms sleeping.

In a nutshell: I liked the show and food was plenty but once is good enough.. time to check out other dinner shows in the area.

3 Thank smileynish
Ahoy Smileynish,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review. Only when guests tell us exactly how we are doing are we able to make changes to improve our operation.

Please know that your comments have been passed on to our management team for review.

I hope you get chance to see our show again next time you are in Orlando, and let us know how we a doing!

Pirates Dinner Adventure
clifton park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Boys were asking "when can we go home?"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We went with four boys ages 4-8, they were bored from the start! We went to the pre show which was nothing except a long time for them to pick something out for us to buy! It was more like a bad play than a dinner show, we ate before the show even started. The one in Myrtle Beach was way better!!

2 Thank adness13
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are sorry to hear that your children did not enjoy the show, normally this is not the case, as we have entertained many thousands of families with children over the 17 years we have been in business, with great success.

If you would like to discuss further your experience please contact me.

guestrelations@piratesdinneradventure.com