“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pirate's Dinner Adventure is an interactive Pirate stunt show that puts you right in the middle of all the action. Over 100 people from the audience is used during the show every night. Voted by Orlando Sentinel readers as Orlando's BEST DINNER THEATER 2011, and runner up Best Themed Restaurant 2012. Visit us for a night of swashbuckling adventure and family fun!
Blackpool, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This show i was really looking forward to as i love Pirate themed things,what a disappointment,the food was ok but the bar prices ridiculous,nearly $26 for 2 pints lager and 1 bacardi and Coke.My daughter was chosen to participate and declined as she's not comfortable on show,the pirate we had on our side was really pushy and more or less dragged her up,she told him time and time again that she was not taking part and he just kept on badgering her when she sat down and it made it that uncomfortable for her that we had to leave,i complained to the manager who was very uninterested and more or less said if you are picked you should take part whether you want to or not,horrid people.

5 Thank calste

Longwood, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the minute we got in to the minute we out the crew were great. The show was funny and kept us laughing. The server was very polite and was always checking to see if we needing anything.
i would recommend it very much. For a night of fun and good food Pirates is the place. We will be going back.

Visited February 2013
Julie B, Guest Relations Manager at Pirate's Dinner Adventure, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Glad to hear you had "Great Fun" and that you enjoyed the food!
Come back again soon.
UK
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Entertainment great and food surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fab entertainment , the food is beef or chicken .. Both eaten my members of my family and all happy if not some what surprised as it was actually much better than other dinner shows food, apple pudding is lovely.. Show is great , my kids loved this one , well organised evening with enjoyable fun entertainment

Visited February 2013
Julie B, Guest Relations Manager at Pirate's Dinner Adventure, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time at Pirates Dinner Adventure. We certainly take pride in providing great family entertainment for all ages.
We hope you get chance to visit Orlando and Pirates Dinner ADventure again sometime soon!
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Terrible, Terrible, Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were in Orlando when my son turned 30. We reserved and paid for the show in advance, as well as a birthday cake. When we got there more than an hour before the show we were kept in a line for an hour and when we got to the front they did not have space for us. We were not the only people. This resulted in a huge fight because we wanted our money back. There were 7 of us and we had spent a lot of money to pay for our tickets. The manager swore at me and told me what to go do with myself. About three days later we only got our money back. This left a very bad impression of Orlando and the place will never see us again!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank ToyMeyer
Norwich, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The show is great, but the whole experience... not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited here in low season, mid January and mid-week so there wasn't much of a crowd.
Given the price of the tickets we were a little bit annoyed we had to pay $5 for the privilege of parking but they then give you a $10 coupon which can be used at the gift shop but not on photos, and only if you spend more than $20 so that's another $10 they want out of you.

So, admittedly, we were a little bit annoyed before we got inside the place. We were then forced to take a group photo which we said we didn't want because we had no intention of paying $25 for the photo but they got us to do it anyway. If you do like that kind of thing though, it is great for the kids, they stand you behind a ship's wheel and give you pirate hats and swords, so good fun if you want that.

Then we got to the bar... highly overpriced with a barman who clearly didn't enjoy being dressed as a pirate, or providing customer service. He was abrupt with us, and extremely rude to the Spanish speaking customers he served beside us. But was then displeased when he didn't receive a tip.

In short, I don't recommend getting there early. The appetizers were poor in my opinion (I don't consider steamed veg handed out on paper plates to be appetizers but there you go).

The pirates and other entertainers were fantastic though. There was a great deal of audience participation, the show was exciting even for adults and especially for the kids I'm sure. A little bit of acrobatics, even a bit of a show with some dogs, and I can't say enough how brilliant they all were.

The food was gorgeous; I had beef and it has to go up there as one of my favourite meals from our trip, though the dessert wasn't to my taste (I don't like cinnamon) it wasn't a bad dessert and the ice cream was good quality.

The service we got from our waiter was alright. He didn't slam plates down or anything but he wasn't conversational and therefore we'd intended to give a $10 tip between the 4 of us. However when it came to putting down his tip tray it was suggested by a little note that we give him $5 each. I'm English, so we tip for good service we don't expect to have to tip just because you put our dinner in front of us.

He then quite aggressively continued to check if we'd given him a tip so in the end he got nothing as his attitude ruined the evening a little bit.

In short, the show is fantastic and the food is good so it is worth a trip if you have young children but to be perfectly honest, if you're an adult party and you're looking for a dinner show I would go for Medieval Times.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank GlamRockSocks
Dear GlamRockSocks,

Thank you for taking the time to post the details of you experience.
Please rest assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of our management team, as only by taking into consideration our guests honest feedback may be better our operation.

We hope you'll give us chance to change your opinion of our operation next time you visit Orlando.