“Horrible Front Desk Clerk”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #278 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible Front Desk Clerk”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Considering that it was our first time in Orlando, my wife and I stopped by in this hotel due to the fact that we had a hotel coupon. When we arrived at the hotel no one was at the front desk and when the FD Clerk finally appeared from what appeared to be the back of the front desk, we were made to wait for more minutes as she talked to a guy in Spanish. Not minding that we were at the front desk, then finally, when she turned her attention to us my wife showed her the hotel coupon. She just raised her eyebrows and said we are in a wrong hotel then went back at the back of the front desk. We had no where to go and my wife was so tired that we opted to just leave the hotel, then we chanced upon an Asian girl who asked if she could help us. We showed her the hotel coupon, she explained that we were in the wrong hotel but would be glad to have us. She asked the FD Clerk to checked us in, in fairness to her she was nice and kind to us; even at breakfast she even went to ask us about our stay and if we need anything. This hotel is not an ordinary EconoLodge in fact it looks more like a higher Choice hotel brand with a nice pool and the room was clean as well. The only bad experience we had was with the FD Clerk who checked us in and who never went to our room when we asked for extra towels even when she promised to do so. My advise to management either train the FD Clerk for better guest service or simply not keep the likes of her.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mirna d, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Veitvet75,

407-996-4600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

For a 2 star hotel, it was grand enough for me. When I went to post this writing I read others first.
I was shocked what others wrote !. I was there for three days and only had my A/C freeze over. The desk clerk ( Gregg ) was very nice and helpful. He changed my room right away. I had a dip in the large and nice and clean pool. The breakfast was just as good. The hotel is not in a tourist area but its close to shops and the major highways. I thought it was well worth the price and I would return. I Would say yes, stay there, the rooms and grounds and staff are all right in my book.

Room Tip: Just Try A Room, If You Don't Like It, Ask for A Room Change, That's All you need to do !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank meathere y
mirna d, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Meathere,

407-996-4600
Novato, California
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a quick one nighter before flying out and I was very impressed with the property. The rooms were kind of old but the bed was very comfy with good pillows and it had a nice TV and shower. The free breakfast was good with make your own waffles. The thing I liked most about this place was the pool. It was much bigger than an average motel pool and the courtyard area was really nicely landscaped. I'd definitely stay here again. But I'd recommend to book it online for a better price. I called and they said $68 out the door for 2 beds and I booked it on my phone from the parking lot and got it for $50.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Jim K
mirna d, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Jim K,

Kind Regards,
Mirna De Leon
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property on a last minute trip to Orlando. I booked the room choicehotels.com for $37 per night. I was very surprised by the cleanliness and upkeep of the property. It is a great place to stay very clean and comfortable and friendly staff. Will visit again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank gpitchure
Dear Gpitchure,

indiana
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was our first time staying at this property and we were very pleased! The rooms were clean and the beds were soft. We were not able to use the pool because it was raining, but it looked very clean. The breakfast choices were decent. We did use the fitness room, which was adequate for a quick workout. Staff was friendly and helpful.
We did use the airport shuttle round-trip and no major complaints there. Both drivers were safe and didn't run too far behind schedule!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrs_shopthe
Dear Mrs Shopthe

Grand Cayman
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We spent 1 night here after missing our flight and at $50, it was the cheapest hotel we could find.

Pro:
- good breakfast which was included in the price
- free airport shuttle with friendly drivers

Con:
- the shuttle was suppose to take 20-25 to pick us up and we waited for over 45 minutes (and it was late at night so no traffic)
- carpet was grungy so it was the kind of place where you always want to have your shoes on

We were there for less than 12 hours so we didn't use the pool (which looked clean) or the gym.

Ok for $50 - you get what you pay for. Not sure how people can rate this as a 4 or 5 star though, what would they rate $1000/night hotels?!?!

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the lobby otherwise people will always be passing your room to get to their...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daisey_1_1
mirna d, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Daisey_1_1

Anaheim, California
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I like our stay at this Hotel. Friendly staff, great place to eat. Easy access to the airport. Free airport shuttle Lots of shopping places.
Front desk and room service was great. Nice restuarants close within walking distance

Room Tip: Great eating place close by
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Kris K
feejjdcFamily, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Kris K,

Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our Front Desk I posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff.
Additionally, thank you for your mention of the surroundings of our property.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Frank Da Costa Dir.