“Love this place!”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #95 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed the week of March 24th, 2010. When I booked the hotel I read previous reviews and I was a little worried, but I don't know where those people stayed but this place was amazing! I had my parents and my 4-year old. We had a 3 bedroom unit that was just beautiful. I have stayed in many all-inclusive resorts and I'm thinking this is the way I'd rather go. I love the idea that you can make normal meals (and not gorge on buffets) and of course can eat when you want! The pool and hot tubs were amazing, I had trouble getting my daughter to get out for meals. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We didn't have any housekeeping, but unless you are real slobs you don't need it. And any extras you need (toilet paper, bags, etc) you can get at the front desk. We knew there was dishwasher and washer/dryer so we brought supplies as needed. Having the washer and dryer was great, less packing and it was great to wash the towels for the bathrooms when needed. The restaurant on site was really good and I'd recommend it before driving around to find something else. Just down the road there is a 7-Eleven, but I warn you DO NOT EAT AT THE CHINESE RESTAURANT that is in the plaza, over priced and the food was gross. We all felt sick later. The Walmart is very close by, you could walk but I wouldn't, there are no sidewalks and I find people do not use blinkers down there. There's a guy that sells fruit and GATOR jerky under the bridge, don't get ripped off like us, I swear it was from the dollar store. I would come back to this hotel in a second, I have nothing bad to say about it, one of the best vacations I've ever had!!!! If I could bring any keepsake back from Orlando, it would be that condo!

Oh and keep an eye out at night for the armadillo's they are hunting up supper on the grounds, they are hilarious to watch!

1  Thank stlgrlPD

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in March of 2010. The place was a great value! Rooms were clean and very nice. We had a two bedroom suite in building number 5. Our kids' room said that it had twin beds, but they seemed either oversized twins or full sized to me. They had a bathroom with a tub/shower next to their room. The master suite had a jet tub and a large walk in shower and double sink vanity. All furniture was nice and well kept up. It also had an apartment size washer and dryer off the kitchen and a balcony with a table and 4 chairs. It was great for saving money eating in with the kitchen too.
We asked to be able to see the fireworks from Disney at night from our balcony, and they were great at accomodating us. Staff were very friendly and even held doors for you if they were around. The pool with the pirate ship is huge and heated. It was also open until 10:00 which was nice. Some hotels had earlier pool hours, and it is nice to come back from the parks at night and be able to swim. I thought for how beautiful and nice the rooms were, it was a great value. However, it is no frills as far as housekeeping. You have to pay to have a midweek room service, but it is available. Also, we stayed a week, and they gave us 2 extra garbage bags, 4 rolls of toilet paper and 3 packets of dishwasher detergent. There was no laundry detergent. and no shampoo. You will need to buy more of those things if you need them. Maybe they would supply them midweek if you ask, we just bought our own. Wal-Mart is very close by and not at all hard to get to. The hotel was easy to get to and only about 20 minutes from the airport. It is right behind a factory outlet center and the entrance sign had their name on it. I saw one review that said it was hard to get to, and that is just crazy! It is close to all the Disney attractions and about 15-20 minutes from Universal. There are also eating places all over in the area and a restaurant next to the hotel,
The store they advertise is VERY expensive as is the bar by the pool. It was $5 for a beer by the pool. They ask that you don't bring in outside food and drinks by the pool, but I saw people doing it without being stopped. The configuration of the pool near the tall buildings also makes the pirate ship pool have shade by 5:00 or so in March. I'm sure in the summer that is a great thing though! It was also a nonsmoking hotel, but they allowed smoking by the pool. I didn't care for that, but I'm sure smokers appreciated it. If you have young children, you need to watch them because it is a zero depth entry with lots of space for the little ones and water umbrellas, but it is not roped off where the pool starts to get deeper. All in all, the great things about the hotel outweighed any negatives. It is a great value, with great staff and very nice,comfortable clean suites. I would recommend staying there, and we would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank cookie075
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My family of myself, my husband, my 25-year-old son, 20-year-old daughter and their girlfriend and boyfriend thought our room was beautiful. It was exactly as described on the website, and we are always a little leary about booking a room site-unseen. We were not dissapointed. There was plenty of room, and everything we needed. We washed our own towels and sheets because we didn't feel the need to spend the extra money on this cleaning service, so it was nice to have a washer an dryer right in our room. Just a tip: rent a car, since it is about 20 minutes from any of the major attractions, and a large chunk of our spending money was used on taxis. Loved it there though!

Reviewed March 27, 2010

This hotel was not listed in trip advisor, but I just wanted to let you all know that it was excellent. We stayed in a two-bedroom condo unit fully stocked with kitchen, bathroom, and laundry items. The pool area was beautiful! It was exactly as it was described on their website. We even had a walk-in closet in the master bedroom! I would definitely recommend staying their if you are visiting the Orlando area. Just one tip: rent a car because it is about 15 to 20 minutes from the attractions, and you will pay big time for taxi's to and from everywhere. Great hotel though!

1  Thank par1022
Reviewed March 26, 2010

For a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit the price was very reasonable. But the suite was not clean and when we ordered a mid-stay cleaning they came on the wrong day and didn't wash the floors. Granted the front desk refunded the cleaning fee. Location is great for Disney World but bus service to the theme parks is not as good as other hotels.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed for 1 week at resort with our 2 children. The unit itself was so spacious ( 2 bdr/2 bth) large kitchen/living area. Great balcony overlooking pool/pirate ship area.. Our unit was very clean, very equipped with kitchen supplies/laundry soap..Plenty of towls. Beds are comfy and bedding decent. Pool area was clean and pool was heated and quite comfy. Always adequate parking ( undergroud/outside) There is a little variety store in unit w a Pizza Hut which was very handy for kids..The Irish pub on site was just ok..Restaurant/bar area by pool had great drinks/snacks-not cheap but certainly convenient. Pricing for this resort was very reasonable and the proximity to Disney was great..Lots of restaurant choices near by including a great outlet mall < 5 miles away..When staying in Disney would return to Lake Buena Vista for sure!

1  Thank RJBOOK
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Spent a week at this property and cannot say enough about it.
1. Price:amazing value. We would have spent 2-3 times as much to stay on Disney property without having all the benefits we found in the LBV resort/spa. For the cost of a night at an average Orlando hotel we had a 2 bedroom condo

2. Accomodations: Very spacious 2 BR condo with nice sized kitchen and dining area. The two full baths were great for a family with one male (me) and 3 girls and my wife. Tons of space, we were never in each other's way which usually happens at your average hotel. Very Clean. Full size fridge, stove, oven.

3. Service: This may be the only place that is sub optimal. There is typically only one (sometimes two) front desk attendants. There are 4 buildings full of people and the front desk people are constantly over worked. They were always pleasant with me, but could be short with guests at times. Other than that, however, I thought everyone at the property from the maintenance to the front desk and especially Bob (the bartender at the pool) were very nice, efficient, and eager to please.

3. Cleaning: There is no cleaning included with the room rate. Room cleaning and towel service are available for a charge at your request. Change of towels $5, Towels/vacuum/trash $10 and Full Clean I think $30.

4. Pool- Great
5-restaurant- Frankie Farrells- good food, pricey...but what isn't in Orlando.
6. Location- Easy to get to from the airport (about 15-20min) and great location for Disney. A short car ride to all the parks as well as Sea World/International Drive. You need a car as there is not any real efficient shuttle or public transportation from this area.
Orlando is notoriously hard to navigate due to numerous numbered highways which don't run north/south/east/west. Get a good map. Also, tons of tolls throughout Orlando so make sure you have cash and some change when you leave the airport on one of the toll roads.
7.Parking- Not good. Limited lot space near the entrance and some street parking but often had to park behind the hotel and for some reason you cannot enter from that side...so you have to walk all the way around to the front.

8. Internet- free wired internet in the rooms and wi-fi in the lobby and pool area.

Overall, I would highly recommend it for a family traveling to Orlando. Admittedly, it is not the Ritz but it was very quiet, comfortable, great location, and everything we wanted for a great price that we would normally pay for one small hotel room

1  Thank TravelMikeCo