“Really nice rooms with kitchen, laundry and big bathrooms but the beds are uncumfortably firm.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #97 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Parrish, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

Great value for the area. Pack your own snacks for the room - the room service is limited to a less than average Irish Pub located next door.

1 Thank abcbauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,269)
edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa with my husband and two young children for 2 weeks. Our holiday was brilliant, I would recommend this resort to others and would love to go back again. Only downsides are the prices in the resort shop, some difficulty parking late at night and perhaps the differing quality in standards of accommodation throughout the resort. We had a two bedroom apartment, which was huge, very comfortable and well equipped. The jacuzzi in the master bedroom was great after a day walking around Disney, and I had no issues with the water pressure in the shower. Most of our stay was in an eleventh floor apartment in Building 5 (built most recently), with a great view of the pirate pool. However, our first night was spent in Building 2, and we had to be moved due to a problem with the air conditioning. I have to say that this building seemed much older and a bit scruffier. I have no doubt we would still have enjoyed our stay had we spent our entire holiday there, but Building 5 was far superior and my review and rating is based on our the standard in that building. We found the staff polite and helpful throughout our stay, but they were unobtrusive, allowing us to feel very independent. We intended to use the cleaning service, which is reasonably priced, on one occasion but the hours didn't suit us and in the end we just made use of the washer dryer for the bedding and kept the apartment clean ourselves. I didn't get a chance to use the spa, but they had some well priced treatments on offer. The pool is lovely, and was well used during our stay. The neighbouring outlet stores are nothing special - okay if you want to see some shops without getting in the car, but the food court didn't look very attractive. We really liked both the food options at the resort. The Pizza Hut takeaway was very good, and Frankie Farrell's was great. Both were quite expensive compared to some of the very cheap food available in Orlando, but comparable to the price you would pay in the UK. Frankie Farrell's have a kid's menu (huge portions) & offer a smaller room service menu until 11pm. The resort shop is to be avoided - the prices are extortionate. My husband went to get some basics on our arrival, and was scarred by the experience! Most notable was the $19.99 price tag for a bottle of wine that we found for less than $6 elsewhere. There is a Wal Mart very nearby (turn left on leaving the hotel and it is around 2 blocks drive on highway 535 at Poinciana Boulevard. There is also a well stocked 7/11 two blocks in the other direction at the corner of World Centre Drive, which is handy for essential shopping on the way back from Disney. Get good driving directions before you set off from the airport - we got very lost, and I find that Orlando's maps and roads don't really match up! Once I got my bearings I found the location very good.
Here are some directions which I would have found very helpful before I went (don't read on if you're easily bored!) Turn right on leaving the hotel, drive for a couple of blocks and take a left on to World Centre Drive. This route gets you to the Disney parks in 5 to 10 minutes. A right turn at the same junction takes you on to international drive. From here it takes around 20 minutes to get the busy section of International drive, and about 30 minutes to Universal. There are lots of restaurants at Lake Buena Vista - continue on 535 past World Centre Drive for a few blocks - there are clusters of restaurants and shops on the right hand side, and the turn off for Downtown Disney is on the left. Highway 192/Kissimmee is easily reached in about 5 minutes - turn left on leaving and then turn right onto either Poinciana Boulevard or Polynesian something or other. Highway 192 is lined with huge restaurants, diners and shops, and will also take you to Disney. Hope those directions are of some help to others staying at the resort.

3 Thank Infrequentvisitor
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

Excellent stay will stay again. Service was great, clean and friendly staff. Large rooms

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Burlington, VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

It is hard to find, gps maps don't recognize it yet. Put in 15591 S. Apopka Vineland and that should do it. The ship in the pool is just a slide. Nothing else to do in it. The pools were heated very nicely though. We stayed in the 2 Bedroom Antigua suite which was in building 3 on the 13th floor. The place was perfect. The bed was great, I usually can't sleep well when we are away but I slept like a rock here. It was wonderful having a washer and dryer, we went home with all clean laundry which was nice.
Only complaints were the water pressure in the showers was terrible. They have low flow valves in them. If we went back I would bring a wrench and have my husband take them out then put them back when we leave. The tile floors were a little dirty so I cleaned those along with everything else when we got there but I am neurotic about that kind of stuff. We would stay again.

Belvidere, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

At $129 a night...$139 on the weekend, this place was awesome for the Family. The Disney parks were literally just a couple minutes from the Disney properties. Sea World just a short distance.

The rooms were great. Full Kitchens with dining table big enough for 5 or 6 people! Laundry appliances in the room! Seperate Kids and Parent rooms with seperate baths. TV's in every room! Big two person jacuzzi in the Adult room...with King Size Bed. Walk in Shower. Where can you get all of this for $129 a night?

Lots of restuarants nearby plus Downtown Disney just a couple minutes away. These restaurants with in just a couple miles and this wasn't all of them....Lone Star Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Dixie Stampede, Landry's Seafood house, Olive Garden, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fridays, Chevy's, and Perkins.

We didn't use the pool becaue of our short stay but it was very nice with two hot tubs and a pirate ship slide for the kids. Looks like it would have been a blast but also might have been on the small side if it was peak season and very busy. That would be my only concern.

Other than that the property was great with Pizza Hut Express and a convienant store on site. Also a Irish Pub & Restuarant on site that was not bad as well. We just had the fish & chips one night and it was good. Woud try other things there when we go back.

Were definitly going back with rates like that!

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

This is a new Resort in a great Location, close to all Orlando has to offer. My only wish is that we could of checked in earlier than 4:00pm.

Santo Domingo Province, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

Wow!!! We had a great stay!!!! Huge room, full kitchen, jetted tub even a sleeper sofa. We really enjoyed our stay with both grandmas and three kids. The pool was great, I even went down the pirate ship water slide a couple of times, My 2 year old loved the zero entry pool and I loved the fact that I didn't have to carry her around in it.
THere is a super walmert down the road with everything from groceries to souveniers (don't need to by them at the expensive parks).
We payed the extra for the roon cleaning and when they didn't show the first day I was reimbursed for two days of cleaning!
I really couldn't say anything bad, we will most definitely be back!