I rated LBVR "very good" because it really was. However, it just wasn't the right pick for our family with teenagers. If they had been five years younger, would have been right up our alley, though.
Check-in was busy, and our unit wasn't quite ready, but the front desk staff was very gracious and apologetic. I thought under the circumstances, they were extremely efficient and I have no complaints about waiting 30 minutes for a clean condo.
Our unit was clean and adequate. The master bath area was HUGE, and I actually would have traded about half that space to have more dining area, but there was a nice dining table that could seat eight comfortably. The kitchen was fine, but not the utensils/baking supplies that I prefer. Plenty of plates, cups, etc, just nothing like a casserole dish or anything like that. Full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher and stack washer/dryer in the unit, which I really, really liked.
Our balcony overlooked the pool with the pirate's ship, which was cute. The pool was large, clean and heated (pretty cold when we were there), and the water slide on the pirate ship was surprisingly fun! I went on it many times, actually, and really enjoyed it. Have to be 4 feet tall, which is pretty normal. Zero entry area with little fountains, LOTS of sun chairs, and towels provided poolside. Bonus.
The pool bar was great, fun staff. We didn't eat other than the girls got soft pretzels, but they were super, so I can only assume the rest of the food was good. Because you actually CAN mess up a soft pretzel, believe it or not. We are generally beer drinkers, but had a Bahama Mama or two there, and they were YUMMMMMM-MEEEEEE.
They had kids activities/crafts at a little tiki hut by the pool, things like painting little birdhouses, etc., for a small fee, like $3, and it looked like the kids were enjoying it.
We didn't have any issues that needed tended to to speak of. However, when we were unloading to go up to the unit, there were no luggage trollies. Ugh. So as I was taking things out of the car, a staff member drove by on a golf cart and asked if I needed a trolly, and of course I said yes. About three minutes later, here he comes pulling two luggage trollies. I just really appreciate things like that, and he was super friendly in the process.
I would highly recommend this resort, although we won't be back here because we're not big Disney people, and our family is just in a different phase kid-wise. Very convenient to the parks, too, and you can see fireworks every night if your balcony faces north or northwest. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Vacatia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village