“Best holiday ever!!”

Ranked #94 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Hampshire
“Best holiday ever!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited this hotel, via Virgin Holidays, 25th Oct to 8th Nov 2013 in celebration of my husbands 40th Birthday. We travelled with our 2 children, 13 and 9.

We chose this hotel as it had very good ratings on TA and the brochure looked good too - we were not disappointed. The apartments were very spacious, clean and well equipped. We were in the 5th block and had views of the fireworks (these were quite a distance away but we still enjoyed them). Our entire stay there was great including the staff, free bus service, concierge, shop (Walmart was a lot cheaper but the onsite shop is very convenient), pub and pool - it was all fab :-) The added benefit of having the small outlet shops right next door was a great bonus too.

Special thanks to Trish for making our stay so great. If we ever return to Orlando we would definitely go back to this hotel, it's location is perfect.

The holiday itself was the best ever, if very, very tiring! We tried to fit in as much as possible, all the usual parks, Disney, Universal but the best day was Discovery Cover, very expensive but worth every penny. My husband and son also enjoyed Kennedy Space Centre (including a lovely lunch with an astronaut). We've been back a few weeks now and are missing Florida soooo much!!

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing fireworks in the 5th block, as advised by previous comments and got one o...
6 Thank Starwoman33
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank so much for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that our resort served as a great base for all of your vacation activities. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Trish, and we all hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

After waiting in line for 15 minutes finally checked in. Pleasantly surprised by the nice 2 bedroom suite complete with kitchen and jacuzzi tub. Bed was very comfortable and nice view of pool and pirate ship from blacony.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank golfnov26
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations on your recent stay at the resort. We appreciate your comments, and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Lancashire
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have just returned from Orlando, and what a fantastic time we've had.
We stayed in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa | Orlando Hotels & Resort
The ‘Condo’s were fab, I was a little apprehensive because of some comment but I can assure you the rooms a brilliant…The facilities are also great because of their locality and the temperature was a sunny 30 c constant.
Ok so the flight…we traveled on the Dream liner and it was just great, comfortable, reasonable space, clean and the outbound staff were VERY good…The films on board are just spot on for entertainment for both adults and children…the food!! Well it’s typical airline food so don’t expect much…9 hrs and were there.
We landed at Stanford airport and the passport control was very professional, then onto the Rental car.
BEWARE…they ALWAYS say your car might not be big enough!!! Check it out first before you pay extra.. like I did ….however I got a brilliant 4x4.
Tolls…there are LOADS of them so have change if you can the smallest fee was 75 cents the largest was approx. $2.50
If you run a toll and don’t pay the rental usually sorts this out…but be careful some tolls ‘fine’ you $100.
We arrived and then went shopping for food at the local Walmart…To be honest I found the food somewhat surprising ALL the bacon is ‘streaky’ ALL the bake beans had Brown Sugar in them…BROWN SUGAR !!! OMG…..there is a ‘Brit’ section but it’s REALLY expensive…
Eating out is an experience, there are simply LOADS of local restaurants but again I found them expensive, so before we went to the theme parks I made sure we were all stuffed to the gills.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS… Is just out of this world at the time went visited ALL the queues were around 10 mins so not too long before we rode.
The rides are just out of this world especially the 3 D effect rides which pleasantly took me by surprise.

Disney world ..Again just fantastic…but I felt it was somewhat dated ideal for the little ones but let’s face it you can’t go to Orlando without a visit to Disney.

Wet n Wild…I loved this place, we got there early 10.00 am and found a great spot with a little shade AND a little sun, the river rapids are like a water taxi that floats you around the park and back again…very relaxing except for the people bumping into you….grrrr

We also went to Busch Gardens and again the park was great….but just the same as the other TBH …with the exception of the Animal park which did make it more interesting however it was an hour and a half to travel there which I could have done without.

All in all if you are thinking of going to Florida, Orlando…then you can’t go wrong with the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa | Orlando Hotels & Resort

Hope you have a great time……..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank James D
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review with lots of tips for future travellers! We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us,and that you loved your suite. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My family (four of us) had a two week stay, facilities were excellent, staff very friendly especially Ruby our cleaning lady, so much so we plan on going back in two years time before she retires to wish her well. Rooms were massive, it had everything in it u cud wish for, with a huge balcony. Enjoyed the Irish pub attached to the hotel, gud food and not pricey, free bus to theme parks came in handy when we didn't want to drive, and the outlet shopping area on site was a bonus. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Tezteltek13
Thanks so much! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Ruby who will be delighted to hear that she impacted your stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in two years time!
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was overall pleased with the stay. I rented a three bedroom two bath unit for six days while my family and I went to the Disney parks. The reason I chose this property was the value, location and size of the unit and on those counts it met my expectations. The price was very affordable in relationship to the space and quality of the unit, which was more like an apartment than a hotel. There was plenty of room for our family of five. I loved the jetted tub in the master suite and it was great to have a full kitchen. Since we spent all our time at the parks, I did not need much on site. When we arrived, I found that the fridge was not working, however maintenance came immediately and identified it was a blown fuse and it was fixed right away. The kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, pots and pans and that was nice. We also had a washer and dryer in the unit, which I took full advantage of. My only complaints were that we had to pay a resort fee of $12 per day, for what I'm not sure. Yes, there was a nice pool, but it was generally too cool in November for enjoyment, though we did go twice - heated but still quite cool for my taste. Also, please note that you have to pay extra for housekeeping. The amount you pay depends on the level of service you want but it runs $5 for trash and towel replenishment and up if you want full cleaning. We elected to take out our own trash and I tidied up myself which we were there. Not a huge deal, but if you are looking for a full service place, understand it will cost extra. The staff was very nice and I had no complaints at all there. They even let us check out late due to a evening departure flight. One thing to note; the parking is scarce at night when all the families come back from the parks. We had to park around back several times which was a bit inconvenient. The Disney parks are fairly close and I found getting around to be fairly convenient. There is plenty of shopping close by too. Overall, I would say this was a good value for families who want room to spread out and like having the conveniences of home.

2 Thank Amber K
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite, and in room amenities including the washer & dryer. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great Hotel clean no faults but did not like that the hotel did not have its own Restaurant and the local Irish pub was ok but not the very best The Taxis that we were recommended to have were mostly Egyptians and were highway robbers never got the same price for the same journey li could be anything from 16$ to 30 $ we asked how much it should be from hotel they said around18$ but this fat guy said he would not take us for that price the extra Money we spent we would have been better in a Disney Hotel I have been going to Florida for 30 years and never felt robbed like this unHappy Family still enjoyed Orlando

Room Tip: Rooms were good just having to travel to eat and the Robbing Taxis that the Hotel call for you
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gilbert F
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the local taxi service, but hope it did not stop you from enjoying your vacation. We appreciate your comments, and hope to welcome you back again in the future.
uk
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel, stayed in a 2 bed suite in building 3 floor 8 with pool view. Upon arriving @ 10.30pm on our first night I was excited when I saw the reception and was hoping this would be a good sign as reception is very nice. Check in was easy, entered our room and surprised how large it was. I had contacted the hotel twice before our visit to request 2 cots but none in our room, front desk were however quick to deliver and set 2 cots up. We were all very tired so headed to bed, it wasn't until the next morning we realised the room wasn't as great as we thought. Will pin point positives and negatives below.

Positives:

1) great pool, zero entry brilliant for our young children who could safety play in the water.
2) size of room huge.
3) washer/dryer brilliant.
4) good size balcony.
5) outlet shops next to hotel good, much quiter than others and quick to walk to.
6) Hoover in room.

Negatives:

1) carpet flithy - I had to Hoover the morning after arrival and was shocked to find how much crap the Hoover had picked up, even after hoovering the carpet was marked and grubby my children had black feet after walking on it!
2) glasses, plates, mugs etc dirty even found mould in some glasses - had to put everything in the dishwasher before using.
3) fixtures worn, dust on corners of the sofa which was pulled and marked.
4) room was dark even in the day we needed all the lights on.
5) fan in toilet was so loud and came on every time you switched the light on.
6) mildrew in shower in main bedroom.
7) bedding worn with holes, however seemed clean - I did put linen through the wash.

We contacted front desk a couple of times to fix things which they did quite quickly, I was expecting a lot more from this hotel, but it does make you realise a hotel that doesn't offer cleaning daily and without charge will soon become worn, tired and dirty. Unfortunately the lack of cleaning really lets the hotel down.

Unfortunately I will not be recommending this hotel to friends and will not be staying again.

3 Thank Carlau
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We will relay your comments to our management team for review, and hope that you might consider staying with us again. Thanks.