“Not impressed this time...”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #94 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Not impressed this time...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My entire family LOVES this property, we've stayed many times and had very enjoyable visits -- can't say that about our most recent trip to Orlando.

Upon arrival, we were told we had been "upgraded" to Bldg 4 (despite my numerous calls, including the day of arrival) to be sure our reservation was noted with the request for Bldg 5). We were told this was "where the owners stay, it is our best building because it's the newest one."

The following morning I went to the desk with a long list of problems in our room. Of course the young man at the desk offered to send someone up to fix these things. The weather was uncooperative for the entire weekend causing us to be sort of 'stuck' in our room, so quite honestly, we did not want to be disturbed and inconvenienced while a cleaning crew and maintenance workers came through. We were not interested in changing rooms as the children were unpacked and settled. My point is that I shouldn't have had a list of complaints to begin with, especially not in the "upgraded" suite where an owner would stay. The only real difference I saw in the suite was the kitchen appliances; they were stainless as opposed to the black, standard appliances in the other buildings. Stainless steel appliances are not that impressive, really. I'm willing to bet the standard appliances were at least clean.

Along with my note to the front desk, I also included my phone number. A week later we received an email inviting us to take a survey, where again I expressed my issues and included a telephone number.

It has been four weeks since our last visit to Lake Buena Vista Resort. Please excuse the delay in posting this review, I did want to give the management team time to contact me first with a plausible reason for the condition of our suite. I truly am disappointed, as we have had so many great visits to this property in the past.

I'll close with the same comment I passed on to the staff: If I was an owner, I'd be embarrassed to have guests in that suite.

2 Thank la-gski
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered, as a result. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Overall this place is good place to stay in Orlando. The facilities are brilliant I.e. the pool, pool bar & gym & staff are very friendly & helpful especially Trish White, Customer Services who helped us out before we arrived and during our stay.
We stayed in a two bed two bathroom apartment in building 5. We couldn't fault it. Large, spacious, & a wonderful whirlpool bath, washer dryer, kitchen facilities and large comfortable beds.
It isn't 5 star but then we didn't pay 5 star so didn't expect it!
It's what we paid for and a bit extra.
One thing I would recommend is hiring a car as whilst the hotel does offer free shuttle service to and from the parks this is at set times & has to be reserved 24 hours in advance so for anything else ie shopping or going to a restaurant we had to use taxis so when we go back we will hire a car to give us more flexibility.
The only other negative is the convenience store on site is ridiculously expensive! On the other hand the outlet shops are brilliant & we had plenty of bargains!

2 Thank becky2003_75
Thank you for writing us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Also, we are delighted that you enjoyed our facilities, location, and friendly team members. Comes see us again soon!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this resort last July for 3 weeks.
We had major problems finding it as it was not on sat nav,but eventually after stopping at an other resort we were given directions.
After we got there we just put in a nearby street in our sat nav and that got us back for the rest of our holiday.

I had requested building 5 but was given 3.The guy at the check in says that they were built around the same time,don,t know if thats true but the condo seemed ok.
We were on the 13th floor,I liked the idea of the hallway being carpeted as it gives it a hotel feel rather than painted concrete which we have seen in other resorts.
I also liked the main entrance having a swipe card for access as this made you feel safer.
As for the condo it was clean,yes i would admit that the furniture does need upgrading an the old tvs in the 3 bedrooms could do with being modernized ,but after seeing some of the previous reviews were were pleasantly surprised .

The pool area was good although they could have designed more use of the pirate ship rather than just 1 slide. Most days when we were at the pool area we managed to get a seat round and there did not seem much of the practice of throwing a towel over a seat and table at 8a\m then disappearing till 3pm to use it.
We used the cafe at the pool for lunch several times and it was fine. The only down side of going to the pool was being stopped and searched by a security guard before entering the pool area,when i asked him what this was all about he told me he was looking for food an drink in people bags as it was not allowed by the pool ,but you can have as much as you like if you purchase it from the cafe !
Several days we were at the pool and there was fast food take away bags an people having lunch so they must have smuggled it past him or bribed him !
This was over the top, the hotel has got to realize at there is a recession on an not every one can afford to pay bumped up prices at the bar ,as most of their clients were families.
If they want to increase their profits i suggest they sack the security guard then they save wages an don,t upset paying customers,whom without, they would all be out off a job !!

Anyway apart from that we used the entertainment that they put on a Sunday night.I was just a movie but it kept the kids amused for a couple of hours.They had other stuff on through the day ,by the pool but we never got involved with it as the kids were quite happy playing in the pool.

We used Frankie Farrells the second night of our holiday but the service was shocking ,so we never went back until the last night ,just because it was handy,and to our surprise the meal and service were fine.We would have probably used it more had it not had been for our first experience .Prices quite high but it was nice to have an option to walk to a restaurant rather than driving everywhere .

We went to the mall next door ,which was ok ,again handy to stroll round at night an have a look.

We would probably return here an hopefully by that time they have refurbished some off the buildings.If this was not the case we would look for something more modernized.

Also no room service unless you pay for it ? Need to get this sorted as we have stayed in similar accommodation like FLORIDAYS and this is included for the same cost,people are on holiday an most do not like to be carrying out cleaning etc when they should be relaxing !

One final moan whats this service charge that most hotels add on to your final account a\ll about?
This is about the 4th resort we have had it added to when we leave .Can,t they just build it into their up front costs as it puts you on a downer as you having to add another cost which I don,t see what I HAVE GOT FOR IT,on to my already maxed out credit card !

Room Tip: people say building 5 but building 3 was fine .I think its the luck of the draw depends who has been...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding your stay. We value our guests’ opinions and strive to continuously improve in order to provide the perfect vacation experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our 3rd stay and will definitely return again. We travelled as a family of 4 and had a two bedroom condo. The rooms are very spacious and consist of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , lounge area and fully equipped kitchen including washer and dryer.( you can have up to a 4 bedroom for larger families). The check in was easy and quick, we had a problem with the safe in our room but the maintenance guys were very friendly and prompt. The condos are situated by a shopping outlet, has its own shop open till 1am and an Irish bar called Frankie farrells which is definitely worth a visit, offering huge portions,lovely food and great staff. It is near disney and within easy reach of universal,sea world and aquatica. Advice for room would be building 5 with disney view. I would highly recommend this property and if we return to Orlando we would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Building 5 with disney view great for evening fireworks.
5 Thank Tracey M
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for visiting us for a third time! We are pleased that you enjoyed your spacious room and our convenient location- there really is so much to see and do! We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.
Highland, IN
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I will start off by saying management had either fire their existing housekeeping or hire more! The condos were in need of an overhaul! Carpets and furniture need a good cleaning or replaced. ! Windows were filthy! Service was below average as well! I had called a few times prior to our stay and the front desk had no idea what they were doing. They had to put me on hold and refer to a manager for basic questions. While we were checking out, there was a man requesting to move his room, due to a leak and an unidentified smell. My guess, mold. The guy at the front desk told him, "oh yeah, that happens sometimes in that condo. We just have to air it out." Knowing this, why did they put that family in that condo and why haven't they fixed the problem? One night after returning late from Disney, the card to get into our condo would not work, my husband had to go to the front desk three times in order to fix it. The young brunette behind the desk was rude and unwilling to resolve the issue as if we were bothering her! As my husband was racing back and forth to the desk my kids and I were sitting on the floor waiting to get into our condo and we noticed little bugs all over the floor and crawling on us! Yuck!!
There was some good things here though! The pool was great, heated, my kids enjoyed it and the bar by the pool was great. Service at the bar was great! My kids had the best hot chocolate! Hotel service needs to take a lesson from bar staff!

4 Thank JenniferHighland_IN
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. However, your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the appropriate departments for review. We’re glad that you enjoyed our pool and bar area, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you better hospitality in the future.
Lima, Peru
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second time in this hotel and is amazing the advantages you have at a reasonable price, like the 2 bedroom room with separate bathrooms, washing machine and dryer, jacuzzi and coupons for the LBV outlet mall, next to the hotel.
Only had a small problem with the dryer but repaired efficiently and may renew their TV and the bed size for the smaller room.
Very good option for staying in Orlando!

2 Thank Elisatraveller13
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a second time. We are pleased that you enjoyed your suite and the outlet shopping next door. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa 2 times. The last being in November 2012. A group of 6 of us were in Orlando for Disney's Wine and Dine Half marathon. We stayed in one of the 4 bed/4 bath suites and it was perfect. Tons for room for all of us and it was great not to have to run between rooms.

The hotel offers free shuttles to Disney and Universal as long as go with their schedule. If you want to go outside the set pickup and drop off times, then the hotel will happily call you a van or cab. If you go this route, grab the drivers card. It will come in handy. The driver we used was even willing to come pick us up after the race @ 3:30 am.

The small convenience store has a wide range of snacks and food, a bit over priced but to be expected. The Irish pub on premise is fantastic. A great place to grab drinks.

The outlets so close are also fantastic. Smaller then the other outlets malls but I found the selection just as good but less crowded.

Would definitely stay here again ......for the 3rd time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Athena76
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that your large group enjoyed the spacious room and our proximity to the theme parks. We are delighted that you had a lovely stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for a third time!