My entire family LOVES this property, we've stayed many times and had very enjoyable visits -- can't say that about our most recent trip to Orlando.
Upon arrival, we were told we had been "upgraded" to Bldg 4 (despite my numerous calls, including the day of arrival) to be sure our reservation was noted with the request for Bldg 5). We were told this was "where the owners stay, it is our best building because it's the newest one."
The following morning I went to the desk with a long list of problems in our room. Of course the young man at the desk offered to send someone up to fix these things. The weather was uncooperative for the entire weekend causing us to be sort of 'stuck' in our room, so quite honestly, we did not want to be disturbed and inconvenienced while a cleaning crew and maintenance workers came through. We were not interested in changing rooms as the children were unpacked and settled. My point is that I shouldn't have had a list of complaints to begin with, especially not in the "upgraded" suite where an owner would stay. The only real difference I saw in the suite was the kitchen appliances; they were stainless as opposed to the black, standard appliances in the other buildings. Stainless steel appliances are not that impressive, really. I'm willing to bet the standard appliances were at least clean.
Along with my note to the front desk, I also included my phone number. A week later we received an email inviting us to take a survey, where again I expressed my issues and included a telephone number.
It has been four weeks since our last visit to Lake Buena Vista Resort. Please excuse the delay in posting this review, I did want to give the management team time to contact me first with a plausible reason for the condition of our suite. I truly am disappointed, as we have had so many great visits to this property in the past.
I'll close with the same comment I passed on to the staff: If I was an owner, I'd be embarrassed to have guests in that suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village