“Overrated...”

Ranked #95 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Overrated...”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Orlando has seen some pretty awful construction in the past 10 years, but this place takes the cake. I dont think the developer spent a single dime to upgrade anything. CHEAP. Parking is very difficult, not enough spaces for the size of the buildings. Beds and pillows very uncomfortable. But the biggest issue...I requested a crib for my 1.5 year old. When I arrived they said that they did not have any "Pack and Plays". Said a previous guest went to WalMart and bought a crib and that maybe I could do that. They promissed a crib the next morning and the night clerk wrote a note. The next morning I made sure to call and remind them as we got very little sleep with the baby in bed with us. I was told that when the maids were out for turns they would get a Pack and Play to our room. Upon returning from Disney at 10:00 at night...SURPRISE...NO Pack and Play. I called the front desk and was rudely told they were "Still looking for one" Avoid this dump.

1 Thank BeachGroup
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We’re very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us, and we apologize for the hiccup with pack n play. We hope that you will give us a second try so that we may show you better hospitality next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,295)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I spent a long time reading reviews and although most were good there was always the odd one that filled me with dread. I did as others had suggested and sent an email requesting Building 5 with a pool view. When we arrived we'd been put in Building 1. However when the clerk checking us in saw a copy of my email he quickly said he would check availability for Bldg 5. He couldn't get us a pool view but offered to upgrade us to a 3 bedroom condo with a firework view in Bldg 5. It was amazing! Clean, spacious, everything we could need for a family of 4. Later we were glad not to have the pool view as a large party of schoolgirls arrived and often made a lot of noise. I must also say that the free wifi in the condo was terrific. Would definitely stay here again!

4 Thank 332Happy_Traveller
Thank you for your review. We’re very happy to hear about the great customer service you received and that you enjoyed your accommodations! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting.
Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

the moment we arrived from front desk to the room we were happy. You could feel the warm breeze ruslting through the palms on a very well landscaped property. We had covered parking right beneath our Condo unit. The kids could hear the other children giggling in the pool, laughing in joy over the Pirate Ship! Yes, a Pirate Ship complete with slide. We were on the second floor in a three bedroom condo. As soon as I opened the door I was over the moon, wonderful dinning livingroom area but large. open kitchen with granite countertops. Very well equiped with dishwasher and untensils. each unit has its own furnace, air conditioning and washer dryer. The bedrooms were largerv, one with 2 doubles and tv, one Queen room and shared main bath. other side of unit has A Master Suite to rival any honeymoon suite. King Bed, massive jaccuzzi tub , walk in zero elevation shower for four at least. A water closet with pocket door and double sinks with makep station. This place is among the best. It is a five minute drive to all Disney Parks but closets to Animal Kingdom. The only negative I can see is there shuttle service, must be booked 24 hrs in advance and runs only twice daily. We drove paid the parking so we had flexibility to leave incase of storms, tired kids or jut a break. This place is great and grocery store just down the street. I wish we stayed longer, worth every penny even though we hotwired and got the week for under $400 Amazing!I will be back at any price!Oh the kids loved it too!

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank TravelTravelCanada
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
It sounds like you had a great experience with us! We’re delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations from the moment that you arrived at our resort. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 11 nights mid-march. Check in was fine. Nice staff, friendly, etc. we were in a 3 bed 2 bath in building 3, on the 6 th floor. The suite had an odd smell when we opened the door. Kind of a chemical type smell which we decided was cleaner? It was a good size with full kitchen. The furniture was definitely due for replacement (stained and threadbare in spots). The fridge and oven were very clean, which was a nice surprise as overall we felt we needed to clean the rest of it (counters were dirty, utensils needed a wash). Carpets were stained, albeit clean (no dirt on my kids white socks). Tile in bathrooms were also stained, had paint drips, etc. we also scrubbed the air return vent for the a/c as it was completely coated with dirt. I don't think it gets any attention.
Overall, it is due for a reno and needs a bit more attention by the cleaning crew but was otherwise comfortable.
The sheets didnt fit the king bed and the pillows were awful but the mattresses were new and clean so that made up for a lot.

Be prepared to buy supplies (cleaning, dishwasher soap, toilet paper) as there isn't any provided (1 roll of tp per bathroom).

Pool was nice, the Irish pub just so so (I won't eat there again) and it is central to everything. Walmart is 5 minutes up the road, disney parks are 5 minutes and sea world, universal are both within 10 minutes. A great selection of restaurants are a quick 5 minutes as well. There is a small outlet "attached" and a huge premium outlet mall 5 minutes up the road.

I would recommend with warnings to book in a newer building and book directly rathet than via expedia or the like. I believe any place is going to be more prepared to please if you aren't all paid up prior to arrival.

Overall, not bad. I didn't get the feeling things weren't maintained, but just in need or replacement (in terms of furnishings). It works great for a family as you all have space to spread out not feel like you are on top of each other at night, which is the only time we were in the suite.

I am sure we could have rectified the cleanliness issues we found had we called the front desk, but we needed supplies anyways so we just dealt with it on our own.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank hb9911
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback, and will certainly pass your comments along to our management team for review.
However, we’re happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall stay and that you enjoyed our pool and location. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again!
Montreal
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed in a 3 bdrm, 2 bath condo in Building 1. Quiet condo at the end of the 4th floor hall. A very comfortable stay with all the amenities needed for a condo rental. The small kitchen was equipped with basic necessities for simple meals - only had breakfast at condo. The washer and dryer combo was very useful. The beds were comfortable however the bedsheets are too small and did not fit the mattresses. In room safe was great to have.
Good location. Close to supermarkets. Easy driving to Sea World, Aquatica and shopping outlets. Also easy drive to many family restaurants.

1 Thank Coba5
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us, and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations, and our amenities and convenient location. Please come again soon!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Booked two nights at a very reasonable rate through Hotwire. Hotel had everything we needed. Great high ceilings gives the suite a felling of being at home and not in a hotel room. Kids had their own room with twin beds and parents had seperate bedroom with King bed and soaker tub. Beds comfortable and all had a good nights sleep which I rarely get in a hotel. Quiet even though we were near main doors on ground level. Shuttle service could be better. It goes to Epcot then you have to take a bus from there. We did not take the shuttle for that reason. We drove without any problems. It is conveniently located near Disney and a Walmart. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our location, and that you had a good night’s rest in our beds. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Scotland
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed for 14 nights and booked 14 nights prior to arrival after reading the good reviews on trip adviser(which were justified). Check in was friendly,smooth and efficient. Notice had been taken of my e mail request for a high floor and I was given a 3 bedroom room in block 3 on the 15th floor. We had extensive views on all sides. The room was surprisingly quiet at all times given that it was school break. Only problem experienced was the room safe had been locked by the outgoing occupant. First call I made to reception was not responded to. The response to the second was immediate and an apology was given the engineer was polite and efficient and the safe was fixed.
Importantly all the elevators worked without problem throughout my stay. Indeed when I entered the elevator on one occasion someone departing brushed against the control panel activating the call button. This was responded to immediately..Reassuring should a problem arise. At no time during my stay did I feel threatened or insecure. The parking was adequate and I especially liked the undercover parking on the second floor of our block. All the bedrooms had flat screen TV's with built in DVD players. The sitting room had a large screen TV. All the appliances worked throughout my stay. Dishwasher,hob,oven,washer and dryer were up to standard.
All the staff at the resort were friendly and good spirited and responded helpfully when spoken to which added to the ambiance of the place.
Used the onsite Irish pub. Food and service was very good as was the beer. Good on a Saturday for watching the English Premier League football..Never tried the take away pizza.
The minor problems. It would appear that either the sheets have shrunk or the wrong size was purchased as they do not fit the king size beds. Owners on site are aware of the problem so I guess management should also be aware. A bit disconcerting to be lying in bed and turn for the fitted sheet to go twang and shoot off.No directions for the garbage disposal room. Found it by chance. Pool towels are tiny. WiFi was very weak and the signal was frequently lost. I forgot my cable so I never tried it hardwired. However I was still able to check emails etc.
As you can see these problems are minor.
Overall we had a great holiday.
Would I return. Absolutely. However we got such a good deal with the tour operator we booked through (Thomson Holidays) I would want the deal again if I returned.
I believe this is a great location for families and couples alike. Like most places a car is essential to get the most out of the vacation although there was a shuttle bus to the attractions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple