Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotwire.com
$93
$80
9,153 results
All reviewspirate shipfrankie farrellsfireworks viewpizza hutoutlet mallmaster bedroomjacuzzi bathwasher and dryeron site shopconvenience storedisney parksbed apartmentfull kitchenlake buena vistamain bedroomthree bedroomstayed in building
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed for 11 nights mid-march. Check in was fine. Nice staff, friendly, etc. we were in a 3 bed 2 bath in building 3, on the 6 th floor. The suite had an odd smell when we opened the door. Kind of a chemical type smell which we decided was cleaner? It was a good size with full kitchen. The furniture was definitely due for replacement (stained and threadbare in spots). The fridge and oven were very clean, which was a nice surprise as overall we felt we needed to clean the rest of it (counters were dirty, utensils needed a wash). Carpets were stained, albeit clean (no dirt on my kids white socks). Tile in bathrooms were also stained, had paint drips, etc. we also scrubbed the air return vent for the a/c as it was completely coated with dirt. I don't think it gets any attention.
Overall, it is due for a reno and needs a bit more attention by the cleaning crew but was otherwise comfortable.
The sheets didnt fit the king bed and the pillows were awful but the mattresses were new and clean so that made up for a lot.

Be prepared to buy supplies (cleaning, dishwasher soap, toilet paper) as there isn't any provided (1 roll of tp per bathroom).

Pool was nice, the Irish pub just so so (I won't eat there again) and it is central to everything. Walmart is 5 minutes up the road, disney parks are 5 minutes and sea world, universal are both within 10 minutes. A great selection of restaurants are a quick 5 minutes as well. There is a small outlet "attached" and a huge premium outlet mall 5 minutes up the road.

I would recommend with warnings to book in a newer building and book directly rathet than via expedia or the like. I believe any place is going to be more prepared to please if you aren't all paid up prior to arrival.

Overall, not bad. I didn't get the feeling things weren't maintained, but just in need or replacement (in terms of furnishings). It works great for a family as you all have space to spread out not feel like you are on top of each other at night, which is the only time we were in the suite.

I am sure we could have rectified the cleanliness issues we found had we called the front desk, but we needed supplies anyways so we just dealt with it on our own.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank hb9911
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback, and will certainly pass your comments along to our management team for review.
However, we’re happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall stay and that you enjoyed our pool and location. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed in a 3 bdrm, 2 bath condo in Building 1. Quiet condo at the end of the 4th floor hall. A very comfortable stay with all the amenities needed for a condo rental. The small kitchen was equipped with basic necessities for simple meals - only had breakfast at condo. The washer and dryer combo was very useful. The beds were comfortable however the bedsheets are too small and did not fit the mattresses. In room safe was great to have.
Good location. Close to supermarkets. Easy driving to Sea World, Aquatica and shopping outlets. Also easy drive to many family restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Coba5

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us, and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations, and our amenities and convenient location. Please come again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Booked two nights at a very reasonable rate through Hotwire. Hotel had everything we needed. Great high ceilings gives the suite a felling of being at home and not in a hotel room. Kids had their own room with twin beds and parents had seperate bedroom with King bed and soaker tub. Beds comfortable and all had a good nights sleep which I rarely get in a hotel. Quiet even though we were near main doors on ground level. Shuttle service could be better. It goes to Epcot then you have to take a bus from there. We did not take the shuttle for that reason. We drove without any problems. It is conveniently located near Disney and a Walmart. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our location, and that you had a good night’s rest in our beds. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed for 14 nights and booked 14 nights prior to arrival after reading the good reviews on trip adviser(which were justified). Check in was friendly,smooth and efficient. Notice had been taken of my e mail request for a high floor and I was given a 3 bedroom room in block 3 on the 15th floor. We had extensive views on all sides. The room was surprisingly quiet at all times given that it was school break. Only problem experienced was the room safe had been locked by the outgoing occupant. First call I made to reception was not responded to. The response to the second was immediate and an apology was given the engineer was polite and efficient and the safe was fixed.
Importantly all the elevators worked without problem throughout my stay. Indeed when I entered the elevator on one occasion someone departing brushed against the control panel activating the call button. This was responded to immediately..Reassuring should a problem arise. At no time during my stay did I feel threatened or insecure. The parking was adequate and I especially liked the undercover parking on the second floor of our block. All the bedrooms had flat screen TV's with built in DVD players. The sitting room had a large screen TV. All the appliances worked throughout my stay. Dishwasher,hob,oven,washer and dryer were up to standard.
All the staff at the resort were friendly and good spirited and responded helpfully when spoken to which added to the ambiance of the place.
Used the onsite Irish pub. Food and service was very good as was the beer. Good on a Saturday for watching the English Premier League football..Never tried the take away pizza.
The minor problems. It would appear that either the sheets have shrunk or the wrong size was purchased as they do not fit the king size beds. Owners on site are aware of the problem so I guess management should also be aware. A bit disconcerting to be lying in bed and turn for the fitted sheet to go twang and shoot off.No directions for the garbage disposal room. Found it by chance. Pool towels are tiny. WiFi was very weak and the signal was frequently lost. I forgot my cable so I never tried it hardwired. However I was still able to check emails etc.
As you can see these problems are minor.
Overall we had a great holiday.
Would I return. Absolutely. However we got such a good deal with the tour operator we booked through (Thomson Holidays) I would want the deal again if I returned.
I believe this is a great location for families and couples alike. Like most places a car is essential to get the most out of the vacation although there was a shuttle bus to the attractions.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank clanchiefScotland
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Suites for 11 nights in mid-late March. We rented privately through VRBO. Our unit was on the 14th floor and had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a kitchen and a very large deck. First of all, the unit was as described. There were a few issues, which I will get to. The pros: great location - the I-4 was right up the road and if we didn't want to deal with the congestion of International Drive traffic, we just drove a short distance towards Kissimmee for some great restaurants. Wal-Mart is just up the road. The pool is amazing. If you have kids, they will love the pirate ship (fun waterslide!). We were also only about 5 minutes from Disney World.
The cons: cooking supplies are lacking - there was no skillet (we cooked scrambled eggs in a saucepan!), no measuring spoons, cheese grater, to name a few things we needed. So, if you plan to do any cooking, just keep that in mind. There are basic dishes, utensils, blender, toaster, glasses, etc.
The sheets on our king bed were actually queen size. I did ask the front desk for another set, but never received any. Perhaps other units are different and have better supplies - I don't know.
These little inconveniences did not ruin our trip and I would recommend this hotel for the convenient location and pool.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank canamgirl

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our pool area and our convenient location! We’re very sorry, however, to read your cons list, and we will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments. It was great having you, please come again soon!