“Good food, good price”

Ranked #1,437 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

While on vacation, my husband, brother and SIL went to Taverna Yamas for lunch. It was a large establishment but we seemed to be the only ones there and it was a Saturday. At first that made me nervous but after ordering my dish, I was pleasantly surprised. The waitress explained the dishes and was patient with us as we asked a million questions about the dishes. I would definitely come back.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Yamas

Reviewed June 19, 2014

There are some better places and cheaper too. I don't know our Server must be the first day in Business allways serv with his Hand over the other plate, the vine glass was filled less than half. Maybe our fault it's a typical Tourist place. A lot of Money and not equivalent of Service and Food.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I were really looking forward to having a nice Greek dinner. We got to the restaurant and it was freezing inside and absolutely empty, with the exception of one family. Mind you, we went on a Friday night. The table was really sticky. The hostess poured us water as soon as we sat down and then we didn't see the server until 10 minutes later. Literally 10 minutes in a empty restaurant. Even the manager was walking around and didn't even acknowledge us. Once the server got to our table we put in our order. We started off with a caprice salad and that was actually really good. (hard to screw that salad up). Then, I ordered the Greek salad with gyros and my husband ordered the gyros platter. It took FOREVER to get our food. We saw a family come in and not get waited on and they left. There was another couple that walked in after us, and you could tell they were getting frustrated too. By the time our food came, we didn't have salt or pepper on the table. The server never came and checked on us. I really wanted Tzaki sauce, but didn't even see the server. There was 3 servers working there, so there wasn't a lack of employees. The food didn't taste that great, especially for the price you pay. Once she cleared our plates, she literally left us at the table for 15 minutes before she brought us our check. I finally had to go and get her and she was socializing with the other servers. We will NEVER go to that restaurant. We are now home and feel bloated and gross taste in our mouths.

2  Thank Orlando_Diva123
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was my first meal on arrival and a very good "welcome card"!
You'll find great choices, you'll be well served and do not expect to pay too much for that!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Two friends and I were waiting in the I-Drive traffic, looking for something to do on a Saturday night, and we saw the attractive sign for Taverna Yamas- mediterranean food and hookah bar-- sounded perfect. So we thought we'd give it a try. It was a late dinner, but not late night. Inside was completely empty when we walked in (perhaps should have been a sign), but we were offered the option of eating outside with live music so we did. There were a handful of tables already seated outside and we chose to sit at the far end of the patio area. Our waitress greeted us promptly and took our drink order. We got our drinks (1 beer, 1 water, and 1 soda) and soon ordered our food and requested a menu for the hookah (one of the main reasons we chose this place in the first place). After what felt like an eternity (a couple was seated at the table behind us and was never helped and ended up walking out), our food arrived. Our waitress hadn't checked on us at all and we never even saw her until she had reappeared with our food. Our food left a lot to be desired (the asparagus side was essentially 5 pieces of wood, the lamb ribs were 80% fat, and none of the "kabobs" that we ordered were actually kabobs- they were just the ingredients all thrown on a plate after they had been cooked). Our waitress never came back to check on our food until we requested a check (THIS is when she asked if we wanted a hookah). Gratuity was automatically added even though we had a small party. Our meal of 1 entree and 5 appetizers, 1 beer, 1 soda, and 1 water came out to over $100. We even commented that the asparagus was really bad and our waitress said "oh thank you so much, honey." We had decent expectations but were nothing but disappointed.

1  Thank Leah S