“Our stay at Travelodge International Drive was very good...”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #289 of 337 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Keep in mind that the price you pay for this motel is VERY cheap and with that you have to take everything in this review into careful consideration... however there were enough problems to write a list of issues over the 5 nights that a friend and I were here for.

Upon arrival staff were friendly enough and swiftly checked us into your rooms however did not offer any assistance with our luggage, having two large sized suitcases each we had to manoeuvre our way into a very small elevator and heave it up to the third floor to our room.

So we make it to the room (finally) and as you do collapse on the bed however, my friend found to her disgust that her duvet was covered in little plastic tags, as you would find on clothes, leading us to believe that the room had not been properly cleaned.

Went to get a drink and found that the drainage wasn't clearing from the sink.

Went to the bathroom and found the toilet wouldn't flush (wasn't my fault).

The staff at this point were helpful and moved us immediately two rooms down with apologies.

Needing to print out some documents, I investigated the business area downstairs and the prices were very expensive. 25c per minute and 75c per page. I printed about 15 pages as fast as I could off my flash drive and it cost me $20!!! Why you say? The computers all run on a system very similar to my family computer I had 15 years ago (Windows 98 is my guess). So all the money was wasted in waiting for the computer to catch up with what you wanted to do.

Attempting to sleep in this hotel is exhausting as the A/C is VERY loud!! Turning it off for even 5 minutes causes the room to be too hot therefore needing to be left on during sleep but it wakes you up several times in the night.

Also on the second to last night here, a loud domestic argument between two men happened right outside our room, waking us up and making us feel uncomfortable and unsafe as the were shoving each other into the walls.

The facilities offered are basic, they have a coffee maker however the paper cups they provide clearly state "no hot liquids". The windows have no privacy curtains. The shower only has two temperatures, not quite scowling hot and not quite freezing cold. If you have a child good luck putting them in the shower.

After the first night here we packed up and left for the day, leaving the room in relatively neat conditions, my friend leaving two toilet bags (both closed) and her PJs on her bed. Upon return we found my bed perfectly made but hers untouched. Since when were things too hard to shift in order to efficiently complete your job?

That completes our tale. Looking back I would consider paying a little more and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends