“Excellent location and the price was good but it needs...”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #288 of 337 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
East Yorkshire, UK.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Reading some of the reviews I was very worried about what I was going to find when I got there - especially because of the very cheap rate.

And it wasn't actually that bad. Yes it's old, yes the AC is noisy but it was actually quite clean and tidy (the carpets were cleaned in each room while I was there). Fridge, coffee machine, safe in the room (big enough to store laptop, cameras etc), alarm clock / radio and plenty of lights.

Good powerful shower and plenty of hot water on tap.

Good location almost immediately opposite the Midway. I can imagine it's a bit noisy with the go-kart track if you get one of the rooms facing iDrive. Noise from the i4 is not an issue as there is another hotel between the Travelodge and the i4. Be warned though that the other hotel does result in extra (low speed) traffic noise passing the rooms.

The southbound trolley (to Seaworld etc) stops directly outside of the hotel and is stop 12 on the red route. The northbound trolley is either 12 or 13 and you can use the crossing at Carrier Drive which is immediately outside the hotel.

Loads (and I mean shedloads) of places to eat within 5 minutes walking distance - Pizza Hut next door, Chilis directly across the road, TGI Fridays 2 minutes, several buffet places within the 5 minutes. 5 Minutes by car gets you to every kind of eatery you could imagine.

So, a rating of very good but don't be mistaken in to thinking that this is anything other than a cheap base to use when exploring the parks etc - four / five star luxury it is not. Cheap (even taking in to account the "resort" fee) functional accommodation in a handy location it is.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing International Drive due to traffic noise / noise from the kart track.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank shauney
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here two nights when we were visiting the disney parks. The rooms are a bit dated in terms of decor but clean but the air con unit was very noisy. The room rate is very cheap and so if you aren't going to be spending much time in room like us then it is good value. There is also a free shuttle to the parks which we took one day but we were crammed in like sardines and had to stand and that wasn't even peak season so probably best to arrange your own transport to parks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked this through the Travelodge website. The rate was very good, the room was nice, clearly recently remodeled. Did see two baby roaches, but this is Florida. However, my issue was with a $3.83 parking/safe fee that I was charged upon checkin. Because of this, I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank schindlr
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel had seen better days. The elevator smelled of machine oil, took forever to go up one floor and bounced so much that I wondered if we'd make it. Our room was typical hotel room but the bed was horrible. We weren't sure it was freshly made or not since the sheets looked slept in. The carpet needed a good cleaning. Not going to be staying here ever again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BMessersmith

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels