“It is what it is.”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #292 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Reading some of the reviews I was very worried about what I was going to find when I got there - especially because of the very cheap rate.

And it wasn't actually that bad. Yes it's old, yes the AC is noisy but it was actually quite clean and tidy (the carpets were cleaned in each room while I was there). Fridge, coffee machine, safe in the room (big enough to store laptop, cameras etc), alarm clock / radio and plenty of lights.

Good powerful shower and plenty of hot water on tap.

Good location almost immediately opposite the Midway. I can imagine it's a bit noisy with the go-kart track if you get one of the rooms facing iDrive. Noise from the i4 is not an issue as there is another hotel between the Travelodge and the i4. Be warned though that the other hotel does result in extra (low speed) traffic noise passing the rooms.

The southbound trolley (to Seaworld etc) stops directly outside of the hotel and is stop 12 on the red route. The northbound trolley is either 12 or 13 and you can use the crossing at Carrier Drive which is immediately outside the hotel.

Loads (and I mean shedloads) of places to eat within 5 minutes walking distance - Pizza Hut next door, Chilis directly across the road, TGI Fridays 2 minutes, several buffet places within the 5 minutes. 5 Minutes by car gets you to every kind of eatery you could imagine.

So, a rating of very good but don't be mistaken in to thinking that this is anything other than a cheap base to use when exploring the parks etc - four / five star luxury it is not. Cheap (even taking in to account the "resort" fee) functional accommodation in a handy location it is.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing International Drive due to traffic noise / noise from the kart track.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank shauney

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here two nights when we were visiting the disney parks. The rooms are a bit dated in terms of decor but clean but the air con unit was very noisy. The room rate is very cheap and so if you aren't going to be spending much time in room like us then it is good value. There is also a free shuttle to the parks which we took one day but we were crammed in like sardines and had to stand and that wasn't even peak season so probably best to arrange your own transport to parks!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked this through the Travelodge website. The rate was very good, the room was nice, clearly recently remodeled. Did see two baby roaches, but this is Florida. However, my issue was with a $3.83 parking/safe fee that I was charged upon checkin. Because of this, I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank schindlr
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel had seen better days. The elevator smelled of machine oil, took forever to go up one floor and bounced so much that I wondered if we'd make it. Our room was typical hotel room but the bed was horrible. We weren't sure it was freshly made or not since the sheets looked slept in. The carpet needed a good cleaning. Not going to be staying here ever again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BMessersmith
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We decided for the first time to stay on Idrive on our Orlando vacation and this hotel made sure that it was part of our highlights.

This hoyel was reopened and renovated about 2 years prior to our January vacation. It was clean the staff was friendly and the location is pretty amazing.
It is close to almost everything to do in orlando and we have no regrets. Cant say much more about the hotel as we basically used it for sleeping but I would definitly recommend it again. There was a fridge in the room so that was handy everything worked and the showers and tubs were very clean. I usually dont soak in a tub on vacations becayse they always feel or look gross, I soaked in this one! The bed was also very clean and comfortable!

Great place to stay overall there is a pool however we didnt use it because we went in a very cold season for FL. But it looked very well maintained and clean as well.

We paid just over 40$ for the hotel which I thought was alot for orlando vacation as ive paid much less prior but I think it was the season we went and booked in. Even so it was the best value for the quality we got. There weren't many that were cheaper and definitely not better!!

Room Tip: We got a room right next to the pool so I guess that would be very good for travelers with kids. We...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple