“Great stay for a low cost”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #289 of 338 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was not our first time at this hotel and will definitly not be our last!! I had made my reservation online through travelocity.com and found out i could get it cheaper and travelocity would not honor it so i canceled my reservation and was actually able to set it with the gentleman from the hotel for the cheaper price instead...His name is Paul and he was absolutely wonderful over the phone...that made me even more excited to stay at the hotel because of his customer service. When arriving to the hotel i spoke with Carmelo who was also very pleasant and met all our needs...we were able to get pool front like promised and had our rooms close to each other (traveling with family)! GREAT PRICES..GREAT LOCATION...GREAT SERVICE..GREAT EMPLOYEES....A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO PAUL AND CARMELO...It's great to see people who take pride in there work....thats very hard to come by now days!!! A BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TO PAUL AND CARMELO!!!!

Room Tip: poolside was wonderful for those who like to have fun..not for people who wanna sleep
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela M
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The previous week we had stayed in another nearby hotel in the same category but decided to move to something (slightly) better. The good news is, the room was definitely nicer and the position was also good. No need to drive to anything in the evening, you are surrounded by shops and restaurants. However, we weren't so impressed with the service, which bore little resemblance to that advertised on Expedia. For example: advertised is "Express check-in". The reality is that it took 40 minutes as (don't laugh) it was raining and the clerk said "it always slows down when it's raining". I asked when the rainy season is, and he said April to November. So that's a pretty big chunk of the year. They also advertise "Theme park shuttle (complimentary)" but they don't tell you that it's once a day (as I found out by reading during my 40 minute wait to check in). Not that it bothered us as we had a hire car, but "shuttle" normally implies a regular service. So for other visitors that are relying on this "shuttle", I'd suggest call the hotel and check the details before you commit. Finally, like many American hotels, they sting you for an additional hidden charge. In this case it's a "resort fee" of $5 per day. This for a place like something out of Grand Theft Auto. When I asked the clerk why this "resort fee" wasn't included in the Expedia rate he said he "didn't know". It certainly bears no resemblance whatsoever to a resort. Especially when you have gangster type characters outside your door at 10pm at night making loud phone calls. You may have better luck on the second floor. Bottom line is, you get what you pay for and my recommendation is you pay more and find something else.

Room Tip: Find another hotel and stay in that instead. If you choose this hotel, get above the ground floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Really good value for your money.
If you are looking for a cheap and good hotel in Orlando this should definitely be your choice.
It's in the middle of International Drive and close to Outlets and restaurants.

There is Free Wi-fi that works well and plenty of parking spaces for your rental car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GabrielGFerreira
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from Orlando, ten nights were spent at the travelodge international drive. The other four in a 4* hotel, I can honestly say the travelodge won hands down, it isn't the ritz, but for the money it is a fantastic choice, the location is the best, a stones throw from everything you go on this type of holiday for. My husband did not want to drive as he is a taxi driver here & wanted a break from it. We caught the i trolley which was perfect. The staff could not have been friendlier, or more helpful. The bush gardens coach picked us up from right next door. A taxi to universal was less than $8 for the four of us. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family