“Perfect Stay”

Ranked #289 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

After reading a lot of the reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel, I was very worried about the hotel that I'd booked for two weeks from June 1st in 2013, but all of the terrible reviews were completely untrue from my experiences.

The hotel was great value for money- I knew the prices were cheap and from previous reviews I felt that the hotel would be shabby at this cost; however, the hotel was in great condition. Although the outside of the hotel doesn't look very enticing or homely, the bedrooms were well taken care of. The rooms were very clean and well presented as well as spacious, with ample room for relaxing. Personally, I stayed in one bedroom for two with my partner and although we shared a large double bed, there were two double beds in our bedroom. Meanwhile, my parents and younger brother stayed in the room next to ours which had the same layout. My sister stayed in a further third room with her partner and they had one double bed but an equally sized bathroom and desk/ dressing table.

All of the bathrooms were equipped with a bath and a powerful and always well-heated shower. The sink was just outside of the bathroom door, which seemed a little odd at first but caused no inconvenience.

The wifi was fully accessible at all times in all three of the bedrooms that my family and I stayed in, including one which was as far away as possible from the hotel reception. There was televisions in each of the rooms with a plentiful list of channels- all worked very well.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when we did speak to them, but aside from checking in and out, as there were no issues or problems, we didn't often speak to the reception staff. The maids were also fantastic. They did a brilliant job at maintaining the rooms every day, replenishing towels and soaps, etc whenever necessary as well as their normal duties.

The location is perfect! International Drive is a fantastic place that is full of restaurants and bars as well as museums and fun attractions all within walking distance. There is also a brilliant water park, Wet N Wild just 10 minutes down the street. All Disney and Universal Parks are very close as well and there are free shuttles to get to the parks, although we rented a car and this made things a lot easier to get around.

The pool was a quite small but always had free sunbeds- with so many water parks nearby I think these are a much better choice and often included in Disney/ Universal tickets when prebooking.

The price is unbeatable, especially for such a great location, and the quality of the hotel was surprisingly fantastic. Overall, it was a brilliant stay for a brilliant price and I will definitely return to this hotel again and again and I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends!

Room Tip: The bedrooms on the right-hand side of the hotel had sun for the whole of the day whereas the left-h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank waslinable

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Santa Maria, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A great motel, located right in the in the middle of International Dr with easy access to all the major attractions. The front desk personnel (Carmelo) and the attending/maintenance personnel were all great. Thanks Luis, Elvis, Elaine,e todos. Multinational staff with Spanish/Portuguese skills.
Rooms are clean, with good fast WIFI and very hot water. The pool, though small, is immaculate.
My biggest problem during my stay was with the other "guests" One morning there was a broken Jack Daniels bootle on the stairs. Another a drunken female guest had an hour long conversation on her cellphone at 3:00 AM, until I couldn't take an longer. I asked her politely to move her conversation and shut the door , only to have her resume her conversation on the phone. This time I used the F word and told her that I was going to call the front desk to which she replied :I'm a guest here." So What I was going to yell but restrained myself. As she left, she hit the door with her hand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kaki3152
Delray Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

when we are going to orlando, we stay there, no need to look for others, good place, good price and close from everythings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Herve R
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at the Travelodge International Drive for 8 nights in June. I almost cancelled my reservation on the strength of some of the reviews and looked at going somewhere more expensive. However, as my booking was flexible I figured I could always give it a go for one night and if it was as bad as some people made out, I could always cancel the rest of the booking.

I'm glad I didn't cancel because in the end, the place was just fine. Not a posh hotel, but what do people expect for $45 a night for a room that could sleep up to four people?

My room was a good size with two double beds, very clean and comfortable as was the bedding. No evidence of cockroaches or dirty linen that some reviewers had written about. Staff were perfectly friendly and answered all my questions. Location-wise, it's very close to Wet & Wild and the Universal Parks, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The free wi-fi worked perfectly and I used it every day.

I didn't end up using the pool as I had an Aquatica ticket and went swimming there instead so I can't comment on that.

The negatives from other reviews that I would agree with are to do with noise. The Travelodge is on a noisy part of International Drive, with a Midway across the street which stays open till late at night. Also, the airconditioning can be quite noisy when it kicks in. Having said this, I consider myself a light sleeper, but I was so tired after a day at the theme parks I didn't notice it after the first night so this wasn't a big deal for me. I always travel with earplugs anyway, so if the Midway or the aircon had kept me awake I'd have just used those.

I would also have appreciated having the coffee supplies topped up more often than every second night, which seemed a bit mean to me.

Some reviewers have complained about the timings of the shuttle, but it's free! If you're really keen to go at a more convenient time, maybe you should consider forking out the hefty sum of $2 for a bus ride to the parks instead?

Yes, they charge a resort fee when they're really only a motel. So does every other hotel in the area so you're out of luck if you think you can avoid it.

In the end, I knew I'd be spending most of my time at the parks and not at the hotel, so I just wanted a reasonably priced, clean and comfortable place to crash out. If you consider your hotel to be a big part of your stay and want an onsite restaurant, room service and a lagoon pool then stay somewhere else. I personally was quite happy with my stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property if external noise is a problem.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank west49th
Shamir P, General Manager at Heart of I-Drive, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of all our team for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments help us improve our standards and ensure a better experience to you and our valued guests in the future.

We are ware of the noise issue coming from the Magical Midway at night, and are very sorry that this was an inconvenience to you. Unfortunately, it is out of our hands. They are supposed to close at 11pm every night but now, summer time hours are slightly later.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Best regards,