“Poor hotel.”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #293 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel is well located. That's all. The staff was rude. The girl in front desk was soecially rude. The rooms are just ok, but with a smell of smoke, in a non smoke room. They seems to not care about the guest. The shower did not work well. We complained, but they didn't care. Next time I'll stay in Econolodge in the same addres.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for a week and it was great. The hotel lies smack in the middle if international drive near restaurants and stores. It's a 5 minute drive to universal studios and about 15 min away from Disney. The rooms were quiet at night, beds were comfortable and I slept like a baby. The lady at the front desk was cool and professional. Overall no complaints, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Jay131
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We booked into the travelodge for 5 nights. It looked ok on Internet, reviews seemed ok and the price was good. When we arrived it looked a bit run down and our rooms werent ready so we left our bags and went for walk round. When we got back the receptionist said there were 2 rooms ready. Our friends room seemed ok, but ours was right in front of the outdoor staircase, and the windows had got metal mesh stuff in the glass, for 5 days we could not open our curtains cos all we could see was dirty, dingy, brick staircase. The room itself was very humid, causing damp on the glossed! Walls. It was like being in prison. 1st night we had to get the safe changed, another night we had got no towels. The bathroom was very clean but the carpets were filthy. I wish we had paid a little more and got a better hotel. According to the site the hotel had recently undergone updating but I'm afraid the rooms on the 3rd floor hadnt. The hotel computer/printer is a rip off, don't book the trips through the hotel, you can get them cheaper by using local bees and buying tickets at the parks, and the quoted s 50 dollars for a taxi to the airport, we used local bus and it cost us 2 dollars pp.

Room Tip: Rooms round the back are possibly quieter than being on the front, also rooms on 3rd floor may be mo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Affordable hotel suite, economy class, cheap price. Very close to restaurants, shopping,Walmart and entertainment. It is right next to Old Town good tourist area. The rooms are spacious but outdated sort of 70 s style . You can sleep up to four adults and two children, close to Disney. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

To be fair, the owner just changed brands and according to the extremely nice and capable desk clerk, they will be upgrading the hotel. Also, it was a cool December, so I didn't use the pool.

BUT, the room was very shabby, just old. It was as clean as they could get it. The breakfast was ok, there is a small store. The hotel is used to long term guests. There are different sections and some may be better than others. I was in the front, could be noisy on the highway.

Excellent location near Disney. I would only recommend if they upgrade. Great staff.

• Stayed: December 2012