“Best Value on International Drive”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #293 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hands down the best value on International Drive. It's an older building, but freshly painted and well maintained overall. Hotel staff were courteous and efficient. Many dining and entertainment options within easy walking distance. Small outdoor swimming pool. If you're looking for a resort, this isn't the place for you, but if you're planning to spend all day in the parks and have a clean and comfortable place to sleep at a great price, this is it. Allow extra time if you plan to arrive on Friday or Saturday evening -- International Drive slows to a crawl.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed in this hotel. It's a good hotel for the price. It's a GREAT location and close to everything. The only issue we had was that we requested an extra pillow 2 times, and never received one. Other than that, it was good. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank SHANNON T
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived earlie and were eager to try and get checked in, but front desk staff was not very interested in our request. We were given the option of paying $20 or come back 2 hours later. We went with the last option.

Stupidly we said yes to a forward facing room. If you are smart, don't do it. The I-drive is very busy at all times of the day/evening. First night of our stay, my wife woke up at 3 in the morning due to shouting right outside our room. Some kind of drug deal gone bad by the sound if it. Also I registered a large amount of police around the front of the hotel. Don't know if this was because of the busy road or general area, but again not a great way to keep guests staying.

Room size was ok with two queen beds. Bathroom was a total let down. Small, outdated and in need of some paint. In fact it is so small the sink is fitted on the outside of the bathroom!

Staff on check out were also rude and seemed eager to get us out.

We bought tickets for Universal Studios from the lobby. Problem was that the lady there sold us children tickets and this wasn't discovered before we entered the park resulting in us having to pay extra before allowed to enter. The following morning we told a new ticket agent in the lobby about this and he refunded us within seconds and was very understanding of the whole situation. By far the nicest person at the hotel and he wasn't even part of the main staff! Always double check your tickets:)

Location is great to get to theme parks and a huge outlet mall. That's about the best thing about the place.

Do yourself a favour, spend your money somewhere else!

Safe travels!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomkong3
Reviewed November 20, 2012

i stayed at the one on McCoy rd and it was great. it had a living room with a Murphys bed, a separate bedroom with a queen size bed it looked like a one bedroom apt. and it was very clean. they had a few choices on the continental breakfast and the area was very clean. i would stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

lets start with the location. you are surrounded by motels. this one happens to be one of the cheapest in the area. but its in the middle of I-drive its good spot because of the chilis.

i came here twice. first impression is of a busy understaffed front desk that makes you wait at least 10-15 minutes to get your key. both times i came my room was not ready even at 4pm. the staff is very brief with you. minimal people skill are used.

the rooms are what you would expect. but they seemed to have put in new beds, which are nice and comfortable. the bathroom sink is new too. just little things. but you are still in an old motel room. the beds are clean. the room is average, the bathroom is clean. but very dated

there is an ugly apparatus to keep the curtain closed. it sticks out by the door... not all the rooms have it... if you see it.. you will know what i mean. you prob wont like it either

the good rooms are in the back. i got a room on the 2nd floor way in the back. it was nice.
the end time i got a room on the 2nd floor above reception. i was much less nice

Room Tip: stay in the back part of the hotel... not above reception -be as Brazilian as possible... the staff...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike j
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is the type of place you would stay if you were budgeting and you did not intend being in the hotel room too long. They advertised outside on their digital sign for 35.99 dollars on the night we stayed (including takes this is about 45). We were at the end of our holiday and we were watching our finances on the last two days. Up till this we had stayed at the crown plaza which is in a different league - I suppose you get what you pay for. Anyway, I said to the lady I would like to stay a second night I was charged 59.99 plus taxes. The reason being - I was told that this is because Fridays are busier then Thursdays. I did not say anything but I felt I was being done. The rooms are clean but dated. You do not feel safe and secure because you are away from the reception block and very close to a busy street. Also, you do not pass through reception to get to your room. There is a lot of commotion at night because you are so close/on international drive. Amusements across the road in the form of go carts cause much of this. They stop about 10 pm though. This is a very tacky area of international drive too. Overall, we stayed here because our finances were low. Although the room did the job, I would never come back here again. Pay the extra for a better standard hotel if you can. If you pay cheap you get cheap. Internet is not free too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel only offers the bare basics. It's good for a place to shower and sleep after a day at the park. Anything more you're expecting too much. It was very noisy early mornings due to work being done on the premises. Major negative there's a "resort fee" they don't mention until you check in. Major plus its near attractions such as Wet and Wild, Universal Studios and located on I-Drive. There's also an in-room refrigerator which came in handy. The front desk staff and housekeepers were very friendly. Because the price was very low can't really complain.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple