“Roach in bed”

Ranked #241 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Allegany
“Roach in bed”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Checked into the hotel and when opening the sheets in the bed, found a live roach roaming between the sheets. The hotel night clerk was very understanding and immediately refunded our payment and checked us out. I would not recommend this hotel, even given the low price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CJ C
AjalManagement, General Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Lewis Belle General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by the group leader of the group I was carrying to Orlando. I got to the hotel a little after 11:30pm and firstly could not get my bus into the hotel parking lot because it was too narrow. Second, there were two girls working the street right outside the hotel. Thirdly, when I finally got to the front office I was forced to speak to the woman working there through a tiny hole in the window. I could not understand a word she said. Fourthly, I asked where I could park my bus and she said the lot was full so she didn't know. Fifth, the whole place was filthy on the outside with trash everywhere.

I finally gave up and told her to cancel my reservation as I was not prepared to go and park my bus somewhere else and walk back to the hotel through the local area. I would rather argue for a refund with hotels.com than put up with this.

I know sometimes that hotels can't be responsible for the area, but this place should be avoided at all costs if you expect service and cleanliness and a safe environment for your family.

I finally checked into the Days Inn down the road at 12:30am. It had plenty of parking and an ARMED security guard patrolling the site, but at least the check-in was friendly, helpful and courteous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NeilGrindal
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 407 859 5410.

Lewis Belle General Manager
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We decided to stay for a night on APR/12ecause it was close to shops and the airport. We checked in, everything looked normal, nothing fancy, nothing terrible at that point. We slept the afternoon and went out for shopping and dinner. When we came back our worst nightmare begun, the room was full of roaches, we saw roaches everywere. Roches over the bed, roaches running over my newborn son clothes, in our bags. We went to the desk and complined about it, the desk boy, did not gave us any solution at all. He made a phone call and after that told us that they were unable to put us on any other hotel. We checked out and request a refund (it's been 18 days and we still haven't got our money back) and left trying to find a room at almost midnite with our newborn boy. Please, stay out of here, as far as you can

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AlejandroMM
AjalManagement, General Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
First off let me start by saying I'm Sorry we failed to meet your expectations. As the new manager of the Knights Inn we are 100% committed to providing a clean comfortable room. We have since taken many steps to insure this problem never happens again. If there is anything i can do for you please contact me directly at 407-859-5410. Lewis Belle GM
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had read the reviews for this hotel but thought we'd give it a chance, particularly since much of Orlando seemed to be booked up when we were seeking a place to stay.
Both my husband and I were very impressed with the hotel's condition and cleanliness. The hotel seemed above par given the non-tourist location.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We got the impression that they are under new management and working hard to gain and keep clientelle.
We would have stayed an extra day but the hotel was booked up!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CanCruiser
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We checked in Sunday we were staying for 4 days I paid for two nights and my travel partner paid for two more nights we made our reservations thru hotels.com well two days into our stay we get a loud knock at the door we were sleeping and even before we could get to the door serious like 2 seconds she opens up the door and yells at the top of her lungs and I quote "GET OUT" at this piont I tried to tell her that we have booked for 4 nights she didn't want to hear that so I had to talk over her to explain what was going on and then she didnt even apologize for the miss understanding she says and I quote again "that is not how that works I expect one of you to come down in 15 min." When we got down there she would not even give me her name and claimed she was in managment I asked for her manger she said again that she was the manger. So in conclusion I expect to be treated with respect If I were potential customer trying to a make a choice were to stay this is not it. Oh almost forgot phone was still not working.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Luke H

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2012

the service is very good. i like the staff because they are super friendly to me!! thanks guys for a great job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank malcolm l

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've read the other reviews, I have to say, things aren't like that anymore. I stayed several nights and found nothing wrong. The staff was great, friendly, helpful. and the location was great. My kids loved it, just a couple of miles from 2 different malls. We plan to stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Brock B
AjalManagement, General Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
As the new GM of the Knights Inn, I thank you for the time your spent reviewing our hotel, and will make sure that the staff sees your positive review. Come see the new improvements at the Knights Inn Lewis Belle GM