“Something different and super fun”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Orlando
Ranked #7 of 233 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Orlando. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Something different and super fun”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We tried iFly @ Orlando for my brother's 21st birthday. I found the place easy to get to with enough parking to accomodate all the patrons. The parking is free, which is a nice perk. Upon entering the facility we were greeted by the front desk staff and instructed to register at the nearby computers. The entire registation took us less than 1 minute (we pre-registered online at home). After the registration we paid for the fly sessions, and were told to go to the "wind tunnel".
We climbed several steps and we sat in the waiting room, where the previous session was coming to a close. The waiting room is directly in front of the wind tunnel in which you fly. The tunnel's walls are transparent so you can spectate the people currently in flight. When we arrived there was a previous flight in effect, so we got to see what we are getting ourselves into.
After few minutes in the waiting room, our instructor Caleb, came out and lead us into the changing room. Once there, we were given flight suits, helmets and goggles. Then our instructor played an instructional video for us, and then gave us some "hands-on" instructions. After the "training" we were lead back into the tunnel, where we took our seats in the waiting area for the flyers, while our friends and family made their way to the spectators waiting/viewing area. There was 4 fliers in our group.
Each flier in our group had signed up for two 60 second flight sessions. There are different packages that you can sign up for - for details of different packages you should consult their website, as there are several different options.
We each took turns flying in the wind tunnel. The instructor helps you get into tunnel and then helps you fly. Flying is quite easy and it's just a matter of getting the hang of the moves that the instructor showed you during the "training" session. After the 60 seconds is up, the instructor helps you get out of the tunnel. If you have not signed up more flight time, you wait until everyone in your group finishes their sessions, at which point you have the opportunity to buy additional sessions for $20 for additional 60 seconds (prices as of May 2013).
When everyone is done, you go back to the changing room where you return the equipment and get the opportunity to buy pictures of your flight or a DVD of your entire flight. You can chose to have the pictures printed or emailed to you.
The entire experience is pretty cool. We found our second flight session to be better than the first one. Reason for that is that you are already familiar with the moves, and you know what to expect. But also because the instructor takes you up and down the tunnel with him, as well as the twirls you around the tunnel. That takes this already awesome experience to a totally different level.
Overall, we had a great time and definitively recommend this attraction to all.
The staff is super friendly and they make sure you have a great time.
In addition we would like to express special thanks to our instructor Caleb, who made our experience super memorable. Since this was my brother's 21st birthday they also threw in an additional 60 second birthday session. That was absolutely awesome.

Visited May 2013

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“My son went 3 times”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My 9 year old went not only 2 times but wanted to do it again..He really loved it and will remember it for ever..When they took him up, up, up he loved it..He flew by himself!! The instructor was EXCELLENT and at the end he did some tricks. I would give this an 6 stars not 5..I would recommend this for everyone to try..It is really something you will remember and we got a disk and several pictures to keep...Thank you..Bryden Wolfe

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Have Experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am a Florida Native and this was the first time I visited IFly Orlando. We took my 6 y/o son to try something new. WOW, I have been missing out. Everything from booking, arrival/check in, to the actual flight was all a part of the wonderful experience. The prices are very reasonable, even more once you or a family member actually goes. I cannot compliment the staff enough, especially the Instructors—they put you in a small group through a very brief class portion and really make it personal. They are amazing with visitors of all ages and make it even a fun thing to do just to watch in the observatory room. You can take your own photos and videos as well as purchase some of their professional ones. I have and will continue to recommend this to all of my family and friends to try!

Brunswick, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“had a blast!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

So we didn't want to do the parks in Orlando but wanted to do something fun and different.we found that the staff at Ifly so nice and welcoming. They really took time in explaining what we were going to do-you don't have to have any experience, they explain all and show you how to do it. Expect to schedule 2 hrs for this. you take a class first then get in your jump suits and have two flights. Bring a camera to video the flights, its so much fun to watch them and have a good laugh!!
Our instructor was Kyle and he was alot of fun and very patient!!

Cookeville, Tennessee
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Most fun of the whole trip!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Signed up my 17 year old for indoor Sky Diving. She said it was the most fun of everything we have ever done in Orlando. (we go each June for my work)
She had a short "class" , then to the wind tunnel. We were reight there to see her entire experance. The staff/instructors were all fun and out going. They were quick to ask if they could help, even the non flyers. My daughter was treated so well, and I felt she was save the entire time. Everyone was so helpful, can't stress how great the entire staff was to all of us.
It is expensive, but we are already talking abiut the three of us doing it next year!!
I highly recomend this experance. Morgan is STILL smilling!

1 Thank Johnny C