“Better than jumping out of a perfectly good plane!”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Orlando
Ranked #7 of 233 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Orlando. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Better than jumping out of a perfectly good plane!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What an amazing experience this was! After a short bit of instruction, you get into your flight suit, helmet and goggles. The anticipation just builds as you watch flyers of all age take their turn in what looks like a massive wind machine. The moment it's your turn, the adrenaline starts. You get in and the instructor helps you learn the basics of flying! The highlight for me was when the instructor takes you higher and you experience the free fall! Wow! Great for kids, teens, adults and seniors! Highly recommend.

1 Thank MargieJordan

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Super fun”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a lot of fun, the staff is great especially the trainers. Very experienced and very high energy! The smile on my kid's faces was incredible! Probably unlike anything else you might do and well worth the money. Have fun!

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“DO IT!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I am NOT a fan of heights, thrilling rides or my feet being off the ground! Then why, I hear you ask, did I come on holiday to Orlando! Well we have 2 sons of 14 & 11 years of age who thankfully take after their Dad and are very adventurous therefore that's why we booked an iFly experience. We checked in an hour before our flight time and went and watched the instructional video which shows you your body position and hand signals. Our instructor Matt then kitted us out in our flight suits, helmet, googles and ear plugs. My nerves were building.... We then were lead into the air chamber were you sit on a bench waiting for your turn. Watching the previous flyers I noticed it seemed to be you moved around by adjusting your arms an legs so I made a mental note to keep all my limbs in the same position. Watching the queue move up was so nerve racking. Then it was my turn... WOW, the experience of 90 seconds in the air with your instructor keeping you steady through hand signals and gentle body movments was amazing, my nerves evaporated and allowed me to thoroughly enjoy the experience. My husband was a natural, being tall he was able to use his limbs to steady himself straight away. Our sons loved it too.

If you are a relunctant particpant like me my advice would be go for it.... You won't regret it!

1 Thank 105NicolaS105
Lexington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Quite a wait to get a time but well worth the wait. If you have no intention of skydiving or just want to be closer to the ground this was great fun. It is pricey, especially if you get their photos and dvd but cheaper than actual sky diving and safer.

Visited June 2012
Calgary, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Check that off the Bucket List!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Decided to try something very different while on vacation in Florida. What a cool experience! Went with hubbie and three kids - ages 11, 9 and 7. Most of us really enjoyed it - my son who is not a risk taker at heart (no roller coasters, etc) did not really like but at least he tried!

Staff very nice and our instructor Mike was great. Very knowledgable and fun to be around. He made sure we were all having fun - especially the little kids. A short lesson on body position and how the wind tunnel works and we were off. Each time in the air is one minute but it sure feels like a lot longer. Get to go twice and during the second time, instructor grabs ahold and takes you way up - awesome!

With the family package, get a DVD. Photos extra but we did not buy. Very cool experience and not something you get to do everyday!