“Very enjoyable”

Orlando Explorer Pass
Ranked #24 of 233 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Congo River Golf! Play award-winning miniature golf at Congo River Golf. With eight locations in Florida to choose from, there's an adventure for everyone. It’s fun for the whole family! Experience tranquil waterfalls, mysterious caves, tropical rainforests, challenging golf holes and more as you follow in the footsteps of Stanley and Livingstone on an unforgettable African adventure. It’s fun exploring the Congo during the day and at night, under the stars! Search for lost artifacts, feed live gators, mine for gemstones and challenge your skills in the arcade. Birthday celebrations and group parties provide fun for all ages. Grab a putter and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went as a party of 8, 4 adults & 4 children.

Course was immaculate, in excellent condition, warm welcome & all enjoyed it.

Kids loved feeding the alligators.

Loved the way the assistant told off a small child for climbing on the rocks.... 'Honey you climb there & fall in you will be gator bait!'

• Korean first
Crewe
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Best crazy golf on I-drive”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Clean, well maintained course with extra 'spin the wheel' challenges. Nice to have the misting fans and the alligators and turtles seemed happy and healthy.

1 Thank Gaynor O
West Warwick, Rhode Island
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Won't go back until Manager Michael is gone!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We always loved visiting Congo River Golf whenever we headed to the Orlando area, but thanks to the rude Manager named Michael, we will go to one of the several other Mini Golf courses in the area, if we see him there again. While our round of mini gold was fun, it was the experience after the fact that ruined our visit. Congo River has a scavenger hunt that you can partake in, if you desire, while going through the course. If you get all the answers, each member of your group gets a scratch card where you can win money off, free games, etc.. We chose to do the hunt this time, got them right, and each got a card. Two of us wn free games, so since our flight was leaving in a couple of hours, and our boys wanted to play the basketball challenge course they have, my husband asked if we could use the cards for that instead. We received a point blank rude "NO" from Manager Mike. We were ok with that not being allowed and figured that we would just hold them for our next visit, but his attitude about it was less than professional, to say the least. The boys went to play a video game that they have there where you have to stack blocks up and if reaching a certain point, you win a big prize. Both were aiming for the IPad . As I stood there and watched my first son make it to a high level, then suddenly hault without him touching the button, I thought maybe I missed it, despite my son's obvious exclamations of "are you kidding me"? When my next son tried, it did the same thing. When we informed Manager Michael of this and "asked him to watch them play it again", to see that there is a problem with the game, and my saying that if it wasn't just a glitch, he should put an out of order sign on the $1 per try machine, he once again rudely gave my boys 4 tokens each and stated that he didn't need to look, but if they used the tokens in there again, it's their problem, not his. One son did, it was the same, yet no out of order sign was applied. It seemed that we weren't the first complaint, but the stand-up manager did nothing about it and seemed to be ok with the machine taking people's money. There was another issue with another game and I stood and watched my boys go up and tell this man 3 times without him as much as acknowledging them, which infuriated me. I can see if we were there causing problems, but we are not a disrespectful family and we have taught our boys to have good manners at all times. To be treated like this by this manager, in a very high touristy location and attraction, was unbelievable. Like I said, we always visited Congo River Golf, but after this poor treatment by Manager Mike, we will make it a point to turn and walk away if he is ever there in the future. For the record, the gentleman that worked with him was very nice and was even apologetic for the way things were handled. It's a shame that one person can ruin such a nice place.

1 Thank Tina D
Willersey, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A bit of a hoot”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Spent a pleasant hour and half on Sunday.
It's a nice course, bit of freindly family competition, we did the Livingstone challege course par 45 I think, typically Florida cheesey set up but done well. A real snake on the 5th hole spiced it up a bit.
Not the cheapest but good

1 Thank David H
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great SATURDAY night ”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to do something with our teenage nephew...he loved it as well as his grand parents.we love the variety of the game along with the spin game you spin the dial to get instructions on that particular hole,like use your foot instead of your club or switch balls with one of your team mates .we also did feed and hold the alligator yipes ....they are baby size and beautiful .great way to spend time with family ❤️

1 Thank Karen M