“Average Resort”

Ranked #131 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Temperance, Michigan
“Average Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We purchased this vacation in February through a Bass Pro Shop which included a time share presentation. We arrived earlier than check in even though we traveled a great distance to get there. We asked if we could check in early and were told no but they would call when the room was ready. Other people were checking in early while we were there. While waiting, we went to Downtown Disney and didn't get back to the resort until 7. No one called during this time. I felt like we were not a priority since we purchased through Bass Pro for a lesser price.
Our villa consisted of a kitchen, living area, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and a screened in balcony. It was not anything special but it sufficed since we were only in the room morning and late night. Our ice machine, balcony fan, and coffee maker was broken. (Ice machine was fixed the next day and a new coffee pot sat in a box on our stove.) The tvs in three rooms were quite small and old school. Also the reception was poor on some channels. Other guests and the resort told us that they had flat screens in their villas. It was just a plain and simple villa, nothing impressive. Yes, we paid less than others so I guess you get what you pay for. We knew that going into it.
Our time share presentation went alright. My husband and I knew going in that we did not want to purchase; however, we listened to the presentation, spoke only when necessary, and gave conservative answers. Manny, our time share guy, grew frustrated because our answers were not what he wanted to hear. We told him that we weren't interested and that was it. It only lasted about 90 minutes, if that. We watched the clock, and it was pretty painless. This was our first time share.
The outdoor pool was nice. My three year old was able to do the waterslide. Height requirements are 42 inches. The indoor pool is quite small. We never had time to swim in it or partake in any of the activities.
Floridays Resort is right next door and their suites are ten times better. If I were to purchase a time share, it would not be at the Fountains. However, it worked for a short stay.
(High speed Internet throughout the resort was being installed at the time we were there.)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank buckeyegirl78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Calimesa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

Stayed at the Fountains resort for a week while vacationing with 3 girlfriends. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The service was good. The only complaint I have would be to leave both pools open at night and have one designated as an adult only pool. The location is very convieniently located. Great stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed at this resort for 8 nights May 31 to June 7, 2010. We have two children ages 7 and 12. We got a really good deal on Expedia for air/hotel and car for 8 days. The resort was beautiful and it is really close to all of the parks. Take your GPS and driving will be a breeze. The rooms were spacious and very well kept up. There was a full kitchen with a laundry room. The kids had their own bedroom and bath. Our room had a king bed, bathroom and jacuzzi tub. There was a dining room, living room and enclosed screened in porch with table and chairs. The view from our room was overlooking a pond with a fountain. We chose to stay at the resort every other day to recuperate from the parks. Our kids loved the pools and slides. At the indoor pool you can play volleyball in the water. There are activities around the pool for the kids, some cost a few dollars but not too bad. There was music playing and a DJ at times around the pool. We felt safe and everyone was very nice. The resort is Green so they give you bags to recycle. The only negative thing I have to say is that the bathrooms around the pool could be a little cleaner and need updated. We were never asked once to attend a timeshare meeting. It is a beautiful resort and we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We just finished up a 7 night stay at the Fountains and I must say I was very impressed with everything. They have added the Wireless Internet to all the rooms. I booked through Orlandovacations.com and only paid $117 per night never once was approached by Time Share sales, although they were there never once was I even asked. The kids loved the pools I traveled with a 7yr old, 12 Yr old, and 14 yr old. The two bedroom apt. had plenty of space was clean and was great to have a washer and dryer. They have a dominos pizza on site and was less than a 10 min drive to the Disney parks and less than 5 min to SeaWorld. I looked for negative things to say about the resort and the only one I could come up with is that they have 2 GREAT pools however when it rains both are closed, and I felt they closed the pools to early. They had activities planned everyday for the kids and teens. Paddle boats, fishing, etc. Kids tie dyed shirts for 10.00 each and paddle boats were 6.00 per hour, and the arcade was fun too. Easily could have stayed at the resort for the week without visitin the Overly priced Disney parks. I am already planning my stay here next summer.

1 Thank SHIPY2010
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Stayed at the FOUNTAINS from 06/23 , with the family.The staff, workers and rooms are all nice and friendly. Close to all THE PARKS AND DINING-AREAS, but there is a PROBLEM WITH SECURITY. There is a guard-shack and gates at the east-end of the building, there is only 2-sets of gates( with no guards , shack or cameras ,that can be seen ) any-one can walk right under gates ,and right onto the RESORT PROPERTY. If you visit make sure you are aware of your surroundings,and WHO may-be in your SURROUNDINGS.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

(Note: After I submitted this review, I received a call from the manager at the Fountains. We discussed the issues that surfaced during my visit. She said that she had been out of the office for the last month, but wanted to see what she could do to correct the situation. She promised to call me back, but I did not ever hear from her, so now I am even more disappointed than before. My original review is below.)

This is the second time I have stayed at this resort, both times through an RCI exchange. The first time we stayed at this resort (in 2009), there was good reliable internet service in the room (although there is a $35 charge and it is dial-up disguised as broadband, so you have to physically hook up to the connection in the living room), and free wi-fi at the clubhouse and pool. Therefore, when I booked the resort this time, I had no reason to think anything had changed, and there was no information to indicate any change. However, when I paid through a third-party provider (lodgenet) for internet access, the service was AVERAGING 80 mbps. I had work that had to be completed Saturday evening. I called the front desk and they transferred me to the internet provider who said "yep, your service is very slow." They claimed that someone else was using an unusually large portion of the bandwidth and they said they would kick that person off. I went back to trying to work and the service was not any faster, so I realized that I would have to leave the resort and find the nearest place with free wi-fi. I was pretty frustrated at this point because I had wasted six hours of my day and it was now going on 7 pm. I stopped by the front desk to talk to a manager about the situation. The clerk at the front desk said she would get a supervisor. I waited 10 minutes (there were no other guests waiting), and asked if she was going to come out. I was told "yes" in a snotty manner by the clerk who then left the counter. I waited another 5 minutes and still no supervisor. I asked the remaining clerk who the supervisor on duty was. I was told her name was Ellen. I told the clerk to tell Ellen that I would be back to talk to the manager. I then asked where the nearest place with fee wi-fi was, and the clerk mentioned McDonald's, so I drove there and finished my work. The next day I decided to try the internet in the room again since I had already paid for 6 days. Same deal...very, very slow. I called the front desk again to ask about getting a refund. I was again transferred to the third-party provider who made me go through the whole process again of testing the network speed just to verify that it was not running at the network minimum of 256 mbps so I asked about a refund. I was told the front desk would handle it. So I had to call the front desk again and ask for a refund, which I did receive, but I paid with a credit card and the refund was added to the credit card on my room, which was a different card.

This was just the first day...the second day at the resort, we went to the pool by the clubhouse and around 6 pm when we decided to leave, we asked for towels, and were told there would not be any towels for 20 minutes, so we waited and went back up in 20 minutes. This time we were told it would be another 10 minutes, so again we waited. The third time, we were told there was no estimate on when towels would be available so we had to walk back to our room on the other side of the resort soaking wet.

The evening of the second day (around 11 pm), we noticed the ceiling above the shower in the master bedroom was dripping and the ceiling was soaked and bulging. I called the front desk and said we needed maintenance to come up immediately. I was told they would be right up...30 minutes later, no maintenance had shown up. I called the front desk again and spoke with someone who had just come in and they did not show that maintenance had been requested for our room, so they sent someone up, and they showed up in about five minutes. They thought they knew the problem (drain leaking from upstairs unit), but could not go into unit upstairs until in the morning because no one answered when they knocked. We asked for another room and were told it would not be a problem to switch rooms. In the morning, maintenance came and said the problem was fixed, so we decided not to go through the hassle of changing rooms.

On the fourth day, the ceiling started dripping again, so we called maintenance again. They spent about four hours making repairs (during which time we felt like we needed to stay in the room), and completely tore down and rebuilt the ceiling. They again offered to move us, but we opted to stay. The maintenance men were very apologetic and came in and did the work as quickly as possible and made every effort to accommodate us.

I made a call to the manager regarding all of the problems we had during the week. She told me there was a note included in our welcome information about the internet (the information said there were internet problems in building 10 and we were in building 7). She then said they have four computers in the lobby for guests to use any time. I asked why no one told me this when I made call after call about the problems I was having with the internet and why no one told me about the computers when I was asking for the closes place with wi-fi? She said it sounded like a training issue, and she would address it. She offered to give me a credit of $50 for our trouble, which I thought was a little low based on the issues we had, but I decided not to argue because I could tell English was not her first language and she had trouble communicating (yes, this was a supervisor).

Based on my most recent visit, I will not book at this resort again in the future. The pools are nice, but the food available at the pools is pretty bad, even for pool food. The resort was very clean, including the pools, and there are activities planned at the large pool for kids and adults in addition to a DJ.

The room was nicely decorated, very roomy and had been updated recently, so we did enjoy the room. We expected the room to be cleaned once during the week, which has happened at every other timeshare I have stayed at, but no one ever came to clean. When I asked the supervisor about it, she said if you are an RCI member you can get your room cleaned for no charge, but you HAVE TO CALL AND REQUEST IT. Where was that in the "welcome Information?" If you are not an RCI member, there is a $25 charge to clean the room. I waited a week after we left the resort to complete my review because I didn't want to be raging mad. I think all of the issues I had could have been addressed and resolved to our satisfaction if the front desk staff had shown an interest in our problems instead of just trying to pass us off to someone else or get rid of us as quickly as possible. We never felt like we were important to the front desk staff and that is not a good feeling.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank DSullivan1964
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

We decided to drive to Florida which was definetly a bad desicion. The worst decision was staying at a Quality Inn before we went to the Fountains. That was a horrible start. When we checked in we told the guest services lady that my moms sister came and felt preassured to upgrade(since it is a timeshare) she said she was sorry and it was supposed to be low preassure meeting and told us we can show up to it at any time. We were early for check in and are room was ready early. The room was perfect. From going to a quality inn to that was amazing! On our balcany we could see the lake which made it a relaxing place to sit. We skipped out on the meeting and never herd a word of complaint. The whole place seemed amazing and there was so much to do there too. they have 4 computers and they are always busy we waited for ten min. to use it for 5 min. Best trip and we will be comming back next year(: