We purchased this vacation in February through a Bass Pro Shop which included a time share presentation. We arrived earlier than check in even though we traveled a great distance to get there. We asked if we could check in early and were told no but they would call when the room was ready. Other people were checking in early while we were there. While waiting, we went to Downtown Disney and didn't get back to the resort until 7. No one called during this time. I felt like we were not a priority since we purchased through Bass Pro for a lesser price.
Our villa consisted of a kitchen, living area, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and a screened in balcony. It was not anything special but it sufficed since we were only in the room morning and late night. Our ice machine, balcony fan, and coffee maker was broken. (Ice machine was fixed the next day and a new coffee pot sat in a box on our stove.) The tvs in three rooms were quite small and old school. Also the reception was poor on some channels. Other guests and the resort told us that they had flat screens in their villas. It was just a plain and simple villa, nothing impressive. Yes, we paid less than others so I guess you get what you pay for. We knew that going into it.
Our time share presentation went alright. My husband and I knew going in that we did not want to purchase; however, we listened to the presentation, spoke only when necessary, and gave conservative answers. Manny, our time share guy, grew frustrated because our answers were not what he wanted to hear. We told him that we weren't interested and that was it. It only lasted about 90 minutes, if that. We watched the clock, and it was pretty painless. This was our first time share.
The outdoor pool was nice. My three year old was able to do the waterslide. Height requirements are 42 inches. The indoor pool is quite small. We never had time to swim in it or partake in any of the activities.
Floridays Resort is right next door and their suites are ten times better. If I were to purchase a time share, it would not be at the Fountains. However, it worked for a short stay.
(High speed Internet throughout the resort was being installed at the time we were there.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida