We just got back from staying at The Fountains in Orlando and we all agreed it was great! Our group consisted of mom, dad, a 9 year old and one additional guest. We were in building 2 on the first floor (2 bedroom), which happened to be a newer unit. The room was beautifully decorated and we had a screened patio that had a ceiling fan. There were a few things that bugged me about the room and they are: bathroom lighting too dim for applying makeup, pull out couch was as hard as a rock, the remote control for the main tv is a video game controller connected to a cord that is not long enough to reach the couch. One other thing I noticed is that our door peephole didn't work. It was just the casing and no glass so when you look in from the outside you can see everything.
When you pull into the resort it is so nicely manicured that you think you are pulling into an expensive high end resort. It was so pretty. The grounds had 1 very large pool with 2 slides (those close at 7), a small children's water play area and a hot tub. The other pool is at the clubhouse and it is an indoor/outdoor pool and they had 2 hot tubs. This pool was warmer and less crowded (not that the place was crowded when we went). I think there are 3 bars on the property. The one at the main pool closes at 10 or 11, but if they are not busy then they close sooner. The bar at the indoor pool is only open on the weekends, so if you really want a drink, you have to go upstairs into the clubhouse. They had happy hour from 5-7 on margaritas - yum!
I thought the location was great even though some people think it is too far away from everything. I found that you could be pretty much any place in about 10-15 minutes.
I based my decision to stay here on the positive reviews from the people here on tripadvisor and was glad I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida