First off, when I do reviews, I will review the property relative to the dollars I spent. Said another way, I don't expect a Four Seasons experience at a $69/night hotel. Everything is relatively.
With that said, my family and I stayed at this resort starting Monday, 4/14 through Sunday, 4/20. For the 6 nights our average room rate with fees/taxes/etc. was $200.
Our check in process was quick and efficient. Maybe 2 people ahead of us in line. Before we could leave, we had to go to another counter to finish the check in process. I feared that this was going to be some sort of Timeshare pitch. Turned out that it wasn't, so that was a relief.
We had room 5404. Building # 5 in the back of the resort. The room itself was really perfect. Walked in, and to the immediate left was the kitchen. In the closet there was the washer/dryer. Stainless steel fridge. Granite countertops. Plenty of plates, silverware, etc.
The kids bedroom had 2 queen beds. Very comfortable. They had their own bathroom that was fully functional and clean.
The living room was off the kitchen area. Large couch. Flat screen TV mounted to the wooden wall covering.
The master bedroom was also nice. King sized bed that was super comfortable. Good sized sink/shower area. Good sized closet space.
Appeared that the hotel was sold out, but parking was never an issue. Always got a spot close to our building.
As for the resort, other than the buildings, there are were 2 primary areas to go to. One was the gigantic pool area. The pool is massive with plenty of lounge chairs. The only good weather day we had was Wednesday, 4/16, so we spent the whole day there. Plenty of other kids for our kids to play with.
The bar/grill area was well staffed. Prices were reasonable. And the food itself was good. The water was a bit cold, but with the weather consistently in the 70's, that was not a surprise.
The other area was the clubhouse/game room/gift shop/indoor outdoor pool. Did not spend a ton of time there. As for video games, there were maybe 15 to keep the kids interested. There was a bar on the main floor that appeared to always be closed, but the bar in the basement made up for it. The indoor/outdoor pool was a neat thing. Off of the pool area were the decks overlooking the lake. Never made it there, but it looked clean and nice.
Throughout the week we were provided with ample towels. Always felt safe. Was not noisy, in spite of the building being sold out.
The proximity to many things was nice. About 5 minutes to the International Dr. Outlet Mall. 10 minutes to the gates of Downtown Disney. 15 minutes to EPCOT. We also spent a day at Kennedy in Cape Canaveral, so we were maybe 5 minutes from the Tollway.
In the last 5 years we have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Village, Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa, Holiday Inn/Orange Lake, and Mystic Dunes. While each was nice in their own way, we had some sort of issue at each place (time share crap, noise, limited facilities). By far and away, if we come back to Orlando in the coming years, we would stay here as compared to any of the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida