“A Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #131 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“A Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Very difficult to find the entrance, but as another traveler said, look for the 2 story blue roofed building. Also, if you have a low bumper like I do, be careful or you'll bottom out every time. Easy check-in. Really like a home away from home, so think of it like that. It'll cost you extra for them to clean your room or change your towels/sheets, but there's a washer and dryer in the room, so if you need clean stuff, there you go. Check out is too early - 10am - yuck. Beds were okay, nothing fancy. Very spacious - we were in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. The master suite is really nice with a jacuzzi and separate shower. Fans in all the rooms really help with the Florida heat. There's even one on the balcony. There was a TV, DVD player and stereo in the living area. Full kitchen was terrific. I could do all the cooking, etc., without having to worry about pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc. I didn't appreciate the phone call at 8:30am the morning after we arrived. Not sure what they wanted but they didn't bother me again. Not much "soundproofing". Can hear toilets flushing, people talking, etc., but it wasn't horrible. Great location - so much to do on International Drive, not even taking the parks into account. Very close to SeaWorld and Aquatica. Also, Publix and Walgreens only a couple blocks away. Gorgeous pool area. Indoor and out and actually heated for those of us who live in Florida (85 is just perfect). 2 hot tubs which were really nice. Splash area for little kids. Nice chairs, too, not those crappy plastic things. Air conditioning in the room worked beautifully and unlike most places I've stayed, it was very quiet. I wouldn't do the tour. I have older teenagers so it's not the type of place I'd want to buy into, plus they don't allow pets, but I think you'll like staying there. It's great for littler kids - activities galore. Arcade is small for the number of families that are there. Only one pool table and one ping pong table which were in use constantly. It rained the entire weekend, which made it even more crowded. View from our room was nice - overlooking the lake. I really loved staying there. I was comfortable, felt like I was home and could relax. Not too much for my teenagers to do, but they managed. I would definetely stay there again.

• Liked — Pool and spacious rooms
  • Disliked — not much for teenagers to do
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovingfreedom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2008

If you just want somewhere fairly decent to base yourself and to be left alone to enjoy all that Florida and Orlando have to offer, then I certainly would recommend The Fountains.

We had two good weeks there - I say good, but it could have been better. There is nothing much to complain about, except perhaps the construction all around you (but this should not be a problem much longer) and their insistence of having loud music pumped all around the new pool.

Our apartment was very spacious and exceedingly well equipped, and looked out over the newly-opened pool. It was clean when we arrived and we were never once disturbed by the staff - it really was a home from home. The kitchenette was great although our microwave didn't work properly.

We never ate at the eateries on-site as there is a Publix a quarter of the mile down the road, so we just stocked up on groceries on cooked in the room (or ate out).

We were slightly pressured into a presentation on collecting our key but the guy understood we were not interested and didn't press it.

We used both pools, preferring the one near the lake as it was quieter. The music at the new pool was too loud - probably to mask the sound of the construction, but then why did they play it on Sundays as well?

We would return to The Fountains - no question...

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The loud music
3 Thank Peter A
Virginia
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We just spent a week in paradise. We had an early check in. Arrived Saturday morning about 9am. Didnt receive the keys, until after 2pm. The condo looked clean. Later, we found ants. Rather, they found us in the kitchen. The a/c didnt work. Room temp on the wall was over 81 degrees. Needed linen for one of the beds! I called front desk 3 times over 3 to 4 hours before I saw somebody. The first guy went to set the themostat. Told me to let it work over night. Ask for the linen. He had to recall another guy. He took an hour to bring up a bag. That only had a top sheet.

The next morning at 7am, my wife and I went to sales presentation. Before we left the room we looked at the temp. over 75. At 7AM, we told a staff member the problem. They said it will be taken care of right away. During this presentation all they kept saying even the Carlton Ritz , has problems. All I know is, if they take care of problems like here I wouldn't stay. We went to a park came back later that night. The a/c still was not working. I went to the front desk. Thats when they sent the correct person to fix it. Two days later! We never recieved the linen. We stayed one week in room 2301.

• Liked — Clubhouse
  • Disliked — Customer Service/Maintenace
3 Thank mysteward
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed March 24, 2008

As a Bluegreen member we stayed at The Fountains for three nights during the first week of February 2008.

The Fountains was a very pleasant surprise. It is located within blocks from Sea World, along a palm lined road where we passed many of the other very nice condo's and resorts such as the Wyndham and the Hilton. The resort is very large with several buildings and a lots of parking. The immediate area is nice and not touristy although there are plenty of restaurant options and not a lot of traffic.

The check-in was the easiest ever in my travel history and we were in our room within minutes of arriving. We were assigned room 4604 which must be the best room in the entire resort! It was a large two bedroom condo. It had a nice screened patio with the most amazing view! If we looked straight ahead, we could see all of the lake and to the right we could see the entire pool area and clubhouse. The room itself was very clean and the furnishings were nice.

Although there is a building under construction, we were not disturbed by any noise and not otherwise inconvenienced in any way.

The coffee shop...Cupa Joe's, I believe. They had the most amazing looking cakes and pastries! On the last day we just had to try the chocolate cake and it was just as great as it looked.

There is always pressure to attend a sales presentation of some sort. We reluctantly agreed to the 'owner update'. They bribed us with $100 in disney gift cards...who could say no! They told us that it was just an update as they had added some new features and a couple of new resorts. Well...it was a one on one sales pitch to upgrade. I swore that I never would but when they offer you SIX RCI vacation weeks, how can you resist? We are now Silver members!

Anyway...the lake was wonderful and we hated that we didn't have our fishing gear with us. It is stocked by BassPro. You could see the schools of baitfish swimming and then the bass that were in hot pursuit. You can rent fishing gear and we tried but it was in very bad shape and only suitable for children. They also have peddle type boats you can rent. Supposedly they will have small bass boats for rent soon.

The clubhouse was nice enough but the service was exceptionally slow in the lounge. It took a very long time to get two drinks when the bar was empty. The pools were very nice. The largest one is an indoor/outdoor pool and was getting a lot of use. Plenty of great seating for everyone. There are two hottubs, one inside and the other nearer to the lake. We never saw an arcade as advertised but did see many neat looking games in the hallway, unplugged. Maybe an arcade is in the works?

The Fountains was a great experience and we could have easily stayed another few days had we not planned on visiting another area of Florida. We had a great experience and will definitely be planning another trip here soon!

Pics from the patio are somewhat obstructed because of the screen.

• Liked — The view of the lake and pool area.
  • Disliked — Internet service is only available in the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank islandhopper2007
Missouri
Reviewed March 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Fountains for a week. We went to Orlando mainly to rest and relax. We spent most of our time in the room and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very spacious and nice. They were clean (which I'm really picky about) and seem fairly new. Our room overlooked the new pool area which was really nice although it wasn't open yet. The only negative aspect was all of the construction. It wasn't a problem noise wise, but it was just a bit unsightly, and it was hard to find the entrance to the resort at the beginning. I would difinetely stay at the Fountains again though.

• Liked — clean/new
  • Disliked — construction
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dee81
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I returned today from a 3-night stay at the Fountains. I thought it was nice but not spectacular. I was in a 2-bedroom unit in building 5. There is alot of construction going on around the entrance to the property and on property as well but it was never a problem. Building 5 had a nice view of the lake and could see towards the pool area and I also got to see the shuttle launch from the balcony.
The room- Master bedroom is nice with a jacuzzi tub in the room as well as a seperate shower. There is also a door onto the patio from the master bedroom. The bed seemed comfortable but this wasn't the room I stayed in so I don't know how it was to sleep on it. The living room was ok but seemed small. With the pull out couch being used as a bed there was very little room to walk around. The tv's were alright and there was a nice stereo underneath the tv. The sleeper sofa was not very comfortable and I think I might have been better off sleeping on the couch itself instead of pulling it out into a bed. Dining area was a good size and able to seat the whole family ( 4 adults 3 kids). Kitchen was kinda small with the laundry room was off the kitchen and there was no pantry to store food. We were only there for 3 nights and didn't need too much food storage space but I can see how someone there for a week might have trouble storing their food with such a small kitchen. The 2nd bedroom looked nice but I didn't spend anytime in there. The patio area is average sized but the part is that it's screened in so we were protected from bugs and didn't have to worry much about the kids slipping through railings. Had a few issues, there were a few dirty spots in the tub that we cleaned up, there weren't any sheets for the sleeper sofa and we needed some extra pans for cooking and couldn't find any salt/pepper. We called the desk and they sent up sheets and more pans right away and also called the room to follow up that they were delivered.
The facilities- The grounds were well taken care of. The only restaurant I used was the poolside bar and my drink was alright and I didn't try any of the food. The pool area is very nice with plenty of chairs and tables for everyone. There is a seperate children's pool and the water is heated and felt great. Prior to arrival we were told that the new pool area would be open during our stay but when we checked in we were told there were delays and that it wouldn't be opening til later. The new area has waterslides and a children's waterplay area and it looks like fun when it opens. That area will also have a poolside bar. There were planned activities every day but I didn't participate in any of them. The staff was friendly and the only time we were pressured to attend a presentation was at check-in. The property is in a great location and only about 5 minutes from Disney and very close to the outlet mall. It is close to the end of International Drive so the traffic in the area isn't as bad as it would be if it were in the heart of Int. Drive. If anyone has any other questions they can send me a message.

3 Thank dwtraveldude
Westfield, MA
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Drove in from Tampa. Extensive construction made it tricky finding the entrance, but skillful (crazy) driving worked in my favor. Look for the smaller blue roofed building on International Drive across from the Sheraton resort.
Check-in was easy. I expected the sales pitch and got none (lucky me). Many reviewers complain about the hard sell at these resort presentations. If you want goodies for nothing, expect them to get their money's worth. Just say no to the initial offer or expect the onslaught.
The clubhouse is nice, but I think the bar/restaurant is better for last minute meals than planned dinner. Outback and a billion other restaurants and shops are a 5 minute drive away. The indoor/outdoor pool is warm like bathwater. There's water volleyball, a pretty decent fitness room, billiards, snookers,ping-pong, arcade, There's a small beach area for campfire/smores night, paddle boats, wading pool. Lots to keep kids of all ages occupied.
There were daily activities for those who want to hang around the resort. Karaoke and stuff like that, too.Otherwise, Sea World is a 5 minute drive, Universal is 20 minutes or so. I think Disney's about the same. There's a local trolley that'll get you where you want to go for a small fee, but the hike to the front gate might be long.
We had a room in Bldg 8, which is new. The room was great- clean, spacious, lots of towels and wash-clothes. It was perfect for us (2 adults, 1 child)- 2 bedrooms with bathrooms, kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area, and lanai overlooking the new pool. The new pool is scheduled to open in early March and will be awesome. I'm hoping to book again later this year just to check it out. There were BBQ grills behind the building, but they were new and will probably be available when the new pool opens.
Wired internet in the rooms runs about $30/week. You can pay by the day if you'd rather.
Construction noise wasn't a problem.
And that's about it. All in all, a nice experience.

• Liked — The room was great.
  • Disliked — Construction noise, but it was very manageable.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family