“great timeshare resort to stay in Orlando, Florida”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #136 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I maybe 4 months late in reviewing Bluegreen Fountains Resort but I can assure you it will be of great help to future families if they choose this resort. My family stayed here on April 2012 for a week. Great location if you are going to the Disneyworld Parks and so very close to the outlet stores as well. We stayed in Bldg.6 and what a great condo we had, 2 bedrooms with bathrooms each, a balcony connected to the masters bedroom, a washer dryer included, spacious living room and kitchen. With a family of 5, 3 kids to be exact, this is an awesome place to stay, with a pull out bed in the living room. My only regret staying here was that we had very limited time that we really did not enjoy the amenities Bluegreen Fountains Resort have to offer, we spend so much time at the Disney Parks and Universal Studios.

My daughter had to remind me to mention how big the pool is and has a slide attached to it. For kids who like to have their hair wrap and braided, they have it in their facility too. Don't know how much though. I just wish timeshare would include housekeeping as I dont want to do chores when I am on vacation, but being a neat freak, I guess I got to do what I have to do! Lastly, I commend everyone in this resort for keeping the place in and out so clean and beautiful. My family will definitely come back to Bluegreen Fountais Resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Trinicogab
Write a ReviewReviews (1,707)

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our family stayed here in 2009 through a RCI timeshare swap and enjoyed it so much we picked it for a return trip.

Some buildings are currently being painted, with I guess all slated for the same. We stayed in building 4 which is almost finished being painted, but still has scaffolding all around it, blocking some of the view of the lake. However the inside of our unit has been recently renovated and it's very nice. Granite counters, hardwood floors, stainless appliances, flat screen tvs (no HD service, though). They've taken out the funny tub that used to be in the corner of the master bedroom and now there's just a nice tile shower, no tub. It's very pretty. The downside to the hardwoods/no carpet is there is now more noise from the unit above you. Everytime someone scrapes a kitchen chair/stool on the floor above us we hear it clearly. There are these lovely rolling doors to the master bedroom, but they are noisy, and again we hear them being opened and closed in the unit above us. I'm sure the people below us are hearing the same thing. Try for a top floor unit!

Staff is friendly, helpful, even to the kids. My 10 year old had a problem with some games in the clubhouse not working correctly for him and they treated him like a valued guest. When I made them aware last night that some jerks had brought glasses to the pool and one had broken, they reacted quickly to clean it before anyone got hurt.

Pools are still great and beautifully maintained. We are really enjoying the indoor area of the pool behind the clubhouse on these really hot days. The shade is nice and the water is cooler. Clean towels available poolside.

We have free wifi in our building, however the quality can vary. Signal strength can go from high to low within 30 seconds. If you have Verizon wireless, we are finding their 3G/4G service spotty here in the complex. Obviously not a Fountains problem, but nice to know before you get here.

Publix is very close and the store is well run. They understand the Sat/Sun population influx and staff up accordingly. The store will be mobbed with customers but they get you out quickly.

Once again we're having a great vacation at The Fountains and highly recommend it!

9  Thank Boys2Travel
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The units are roomy, clean and comfortable. The pools are big enough to accomodate the resort size. Being on the end of I-Drive has great access to I-4 & dining. We took our 7 y/o grandson, whom loved the pool slide. There is enough going on at the resort to keep everyone happy and content. We loved it and hope to return when in Orlando.

2  Thank buffy333Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the bluegreen Fountains Resort (Oasis) recently and throughly enjoyed our stay. I especially loved the pools. One was open to 11pm. and that was a big plus after visiting nearby attractions. There are plenty of activities each day if one just wanted to hang around the resort or pool. I liked the way employees greeted us and asked about our stay. The area leading towards one of the pools (Wakoola Springs) was nice. They were ducks, baby ducks and fish. We could feed the fish for a quarter which my granddaughter loved to do. The area was well kept and clean. The living room area was quite big. The rooms (2 bedroom) were nice. We had a small kitchen if we wanted to cook and the place was clean. My only complaint was the beautiful view of Lake Eve which was spoiled by scaffolding all over. Also, men going up and down their stairs (just one day). I wish they had finished because I'd spend my early mornings drinking coffee in the balcony area. Oh yes, I almost forgot. You can fish in the one of the lakes, paddle boat, etc. Yes, I would visit this place again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor by Lake Eve. I would try to change if the view were spoiled by scaffoldin...
4  Thank gmcaguas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. It was a beautiful condo, 2bed/2bath. Granite counter tops and washer/dryer. Nice screened-in patio. We were in bldg. 8 on the the 7th floor. Publix is one block away, as well as CVS and Walgreens. Close to Disney, but traffic is horrible. Orlando needs to to upgrade the roads so traffic will not be as congested. Very disappointed there was not wi-fi in the room. Bluegreen really needs to improve in this area. I've stayed in several Bluegreen resorts and none had wi-fi. We stayed in an RCI resort and had wi-fi. If I wanted to go with a time-share, I think RCI would be my choice. The Fountains had great pools and lots of stuff to do....for a price. They do like to nickel and dime you for everything. I would stay here again.

3  Thank squirrellygirl
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here Nov.2011 and had a great time! The children loved the water slides at the big pool and they have events daily going on poolside (games, face painting, ect.) it is very close to Disney World!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank molliegirl13
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Being Orlando residents we wanted to do something fun for Dad so we took him for Father's Day weekend and had a wonderful time. Lots of activities for kids - we have a 6 year old and there are several onsite restaurants. For those coming for the theme parks the Bluegreen is close by. The only down side is that there is no early check in and check out is at 10:00 a.m. However, housekeeping came BEFORE 10:00.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family