“You cancelled your reservation”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #146 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Booked a two week family holiday at the Fountains resort. After a transatlantic plane flight with the usual airport hassles the last thing we wanted to hear was that ,"You cancelled your reservation". However upon our arrival at the Fountains, that is what we were informed by reception staff. This of course was totally unfounded and staff apportioned the blame to someone who happened to be unavailable and then on some middle booking company. After we verified that our debit card had been debited we were provided with one nights accomodation. Our request to be facilitated for the previously booked period was not met and we had to move to other accomodation,the following day. What we did note in the little time we did spend at the fountains was that the apartment was spacious ,however the patio area had a mosquito net and the security man threatened to have our hire car towed as we were not displaying the correct pass.

Stayed: July 2007
7  Thank WaryConsumer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed December 2, 2007

We recently spent two nights at the Fountains in Orlando as part of a promotion for Bluegreen resorts. I seriously just wanted a couple days of rest and relaxation. Unfortunately they put us in a lovely room, but next to the construction that is going on and they start early in the a.m. Also, the beds were not comfortable (to us at least) and did not sleep well either night. (They really need to invest in sheets that fit the bed). And the carpet was wet (recently cleaned - poor first impression).

The pool that was there is very nice (partly outdoors and partly indoors) - and adequately heated. No complaints there. They advertised a bar by the pool that also served food - but it was closed - my guess was because there were not many people there the week after Thanksgiving. It does seem to be very family friendly.

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank btysklind
Reviewed November 28, 2007

i booked the fountains in January before reading any of the reviews here,and after reading some of the reviews later i almost cancelled but i'm glad we did,nt. The Fountains was perfect accommodation for a two week stay,my son had his own room with two beds to choose from and his own bathroom which was great,we had a huge kingsize bed and yes the sheets do not fit properly but they did'nt bother us,it was clean, everything you need is there,i even did all of my washing to bring home.The fountains is in an ideal location away from the busy international drive so you do need a car or you could get the itrolley,there is a stop right outside,the parks are all only about a ten minute drive away great.The down side well ,we were in building three and there was building work going on ,did'nt bother us at all never heard them,checking in was a pain after a ten hour journey we expected to just check in but they told us we had to go out to the tourist information to fill ina form before checking in,this is just for the time share, they get you to pay a$20 deposit which you get back when you go on the tour so tired at this stage we would have paid whatever,however when we went to the meeting i demanded our money back and told them we would not do the tour you need to be firm.The staff there as could be a little friendlier they do there job but thats it,and don't expect room cleaning as they charge for this,as a self catering holiday you don't really expect someone to come in and clean anyway. Overall had a great time there and would defo go again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank castiog
Reviewed November 1, 2007

We went to the fountains on the 4th Oct till the 24th, It took us ages to find the place, but once arriving there check in went well they told us we were in building 2, went to the appartment we were all amazed, it was beautiful, we opened the curtains and was dissapointed to see the all the building work going on, We was aware of this before we went so we just thought we'll see what happens, Building started everyday apart from sunday at 7am, We were all ok with this really as it got us up and ready for the parks, My trouble started when we started seeing insets (sugar ants) everywhere.... I rang reception and told them and within 10mins someone came round to spray, the next day more appeared so rang again and someone was suppose to come round and sort it while we were out (but found out at a later date no one did that day)
The next day i had to ring again as they were everywhere, in the kitchen,bathroom in our draws, I'd had enough by this time, i told them i wanted to move, It was 9am and my hubby's birthday, i'd arranged for him to do the shark dive at 10am, The lady rang me back to say she'd got another room but i had to leave my room before 10am, I explained that we had plans but would cut the day short and be back for 3pm to move, She said we couldn't do that as they were busy and needed the room i wasin for other people to check into, I tried to explian to her that she couldn't let other people in as the room clearly has a ant problem, Anyway the manager phoned me back and said to stay where we are today and they would get professional people in and do a full house clean at no charge, I did agree to this for the sake of my hubby!!! The next day came and yes you guessed it more little visiters.... Rang them again but this time it took them nearly 2hrs to sort another room out, oh and it was about 6pm not before 10am as they'd said before, We moved to block 5 over the way which was lovely, the only problem i had there was the bloody spinkler on the grass came on about 7.30 and the water kept hitting the window (we was on the ground floor) and waking us, And we did have two other visitors on the balcony which was a frog and a lizard they got through the rip in the net.
The only other incident that happened was after a couple of days of the move i realised i hadn't seen my jewellery, i panicked and looked everywhere, i went to reception and asked if i'd left it behind in the other room, but in the back of my mind i was thinking of all the people that had been in there, i know thats bad but i did panic, I was told that they'd look into it and get back in touch, i never heard nothing, i kept ringing them, i went back to reception and not once did anyone get back in touch with me!!! I did how ever find my jewellery i had hidden it in my hubby's shoes i think i did it when the cleaners and them came and had just forgotten about it with the move, I did try and ring them a few times but i think they just stopped picking the phone up to me.
I'm not sure if you know about this or not but there is no free cleaning there, I didn't know, but if you want the place cleaning it is $25, and the other thing is dont use the rooms phone to ring home, for a 17min phone call to England it cost me $47 which is about £25 thats more then £1 a minute,scandalous amount. After all that moaning i would stay there again (if they'd have me) as it was just the right location for us, very central, and very quite around you, apart from the new build.
Oh and by the way the first room we stayed in was 2412 from what i was told it is an on going problem.

4  Thank sunflower78
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Stayed here by chance booking and read various reviews. Slightly concerned but shouldn't have been. Although building work going on never bothered us as it was very discretely done. Wasn't in room much anyway. Will be lovely when new swimming complex etc finished. Place was as good as it looked, staff very friendly and pool first thing in the morning 7.30am, perfect and quiet. If you stayed in blocks by pool, it could be noisy afternoon and evening as many families in pool till late. Activities very good for younger children.
Room with facilities couldn't be faulted, sounds silly but scissors would have been useful (our only complaint)! Sales pitch was there, and we went, was a bit over the top first thing in morning, but gained debit card dollars which helped towards our Sea World tickets. Couldn't be bad for 1 1/2 hrs entertainment?!!! from Brian and Jonny and a free breakfast. But I'm sure you could ignore them if you wished. Overall I would advise anyone to go here, but bear in mind you do need to drive everywhere, nothing walkable as it is at the quieter end of Internation Drive. My photos were too high in MB to post them here but willing to email if wished.

2  Thank Poohbearridesagain
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We stayed at the Fountains Oct 7 to 21. When we arrived it took only a few minutes to check in, we were asked to attend a timeshare meeting the next day which we declined and were not hassled into attending. When we got to our room everything was fine until we opened the curtains and found our balcony within 10 feet of a building site. The next morning we asked to be moved to another block the staff were very helpful and they told us that they had nothing available until the following day which was ok by me. The next day we moved from building 2 to building 5 which had a view of the lake and was well away from the building work. The rooms were very large and contained everything needed, the pool area was great and never crowded. The location was excellent close to all theme parks with Seaworld only 2 miles away and Disney a10 minute drive, there was a Publix supermarket about 1 mile from the hotel. The premium outlet mall was also within 1 mile. I would recomend this hotel to anyone perfect location but at the quiet end of international drive away from all the noise

Reviewed October 24, 2007

We have just got back from a nine night stay at the fountains, it was a very clean and confortable place to stay.
Very convenient for Disney and Univercal Studios.
There was a lot of buiding work going on but it was not much of a problem as we were out most of the time.
The time share we went to was a waste of time and they tell you it will last for ninties minutes well we left after two hours and it was still going on.
We found that the staff were not particularly friendly or approachable but did there jobs very well. We waited over twenty minutes for a very expensive drink one evening as the member of staff on duty was serving in the bar and serving the food.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple