“fountain hotel”

Ranked #130 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Devon, United Kingdom
“fountain hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We have just got back from a nine night stay at the fountains, it was a very clean and confortable place to stay.
Very convenient for Disney and Univercal Studios.
There was a lot of buiding work going on but it was not much of a problem as we were out most of the time.
The time share we went to was a waste of time and they tell you it will last for ninties minutes well we left after two hours and it was still going on.
We found that the staff were not particularly friendly or approachable but did there jobs very well. We waited over twenty minutes for a very expensive drink one evening as the member of staff on duty was serving in the bar and serving the food.

• Liked — the convienience
  • Disliked — the time share promotions
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keey05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2007

The Fountains, in many ways, is a great place to vacation. It is very clean when you check in, the condos are spacious and efficient, there is plenty of good parking, the pool is outstanding, and it is close to everything. My family and I would definitely return sometime.

However, there are some negatives. There are no fitted sheets on the beds, so we awoke most mornings to find ourselves twisted in the bottom sheet and lying on the mattress pad - YUCK! The activities cost money for everything rather than being free as we have experienced at other resorts, also the activities people called the unit everyday to list what was happening. Perhaps the most negative aspect was the hidden costs in the final bill. Finally, the construction noisess, though temporary, woke us before 8:00 a.m. and went on throughout the day, defintely eliminating any naptime for young ones. The check out time of 10:00 a.m. is very unreasonable as well.

Overall, we were pleased, just a bit surprised at times. We found that the family did not want to linger at the resort as we have at other places. Instead, we were eager to leave and really only slept and swam there.

• Liked — The swimming pool.
  • Disliked — No fitted sheets / noisy accomodations.
2 Thank critterbits
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed October 17, 2007

My 7 y.o. daughter and I stayed 10/6-10/13. It was wonderful! The 2 bedroom was spacious and clean - 3 TVs and a great hot tub in the master suite. We stayed in building 7 which is a ways from the clubhouse but was undoubtedly quieter than the closer buildings. (The music can be a bit loud). We did have construction noise (they are adding another building), but we are early risers and it didn't bother us. The pool is awesome. It rained off and on one day - all you have to do is swim from the outdoor pool to the indoor one. I only wish there was a slide for the kids. They could have had more bar help - the outdoor bar seemed closed much of the time. The inside bar had only 1 bartender who was very busy most of the time. The food selection is limited but adequate - with a full kitchen in the unit, we ordered only one meal from the bar. It was good and appropriately priced. The washer and dryer are small but adequate. There is a Publix grocery store just down the street. The resort is very close to all of Disney. We left at 8:00am each day and drove to the parks. We were always were in line at least 15 minutes before they opened. I did get lost coming back from the Magic Kingdom - I'm still not sure what exit to take. It is easiest to find your way from MGM. We will definitely go back to the Fountains!

• Liked — large unit
  • Disliked — Loud music
geogia
Reviewed October 14, 2007

My family & I stayed here Oct. 12-Oct.15, and we loved it. The indoor/outdoor pool is awesome. We stayed in a 2bdrm, 2 bath, very spacious. The location is convenient to everything including the airport. It is close enough yet far enough away to enjoy peace & quiet time. I was a bit skeptical about the cleanliness of the place, however I don't think some of the other reviewers understand the difference btwn staying in a resort vs. a hotel. This is the second time my family and I have stayed in a resort and you are responsible for cleaning for cleaning your own room. For a fee, room cleaning is available on a daily basis. I really love this place in comparison to some of the other resorts, which are just too massive. Because the resort is quaint and not to massive, the amenties are enjoyable ie the pool, paddleboats, plenty of parking etc. Also this resort does not charge for gym access, does not require you to clean the room before checking out. My husband & I attended the presentation for the timeshare and they were not pushy at all,and we really appreciated that.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — loved everything
2 Thank tripchica
Glasgow
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Just how the brochure described it. Not sure what I was expecting so many reviews saying dirty room etc,. In reality, first class accomodation, lovely surroundings. Rooms cleaned once a week. Overall everything you needed for a home from home experience in the sun. Only down fall was having to pay for every activity for the kids, no interaction with them either. On the up the new resort water park will be opened next year, and all charges for activities will be scrapped, so without that slight niggle it will be an all round excellent resort. Staff are helpfull, pools and jacuzzis are spotless. Hot tub in bedrooms and apartments are very large. The lake is tranquill, and the barbeque area is ideal. Would recommend this resort to anyone. In fact our family is returning in May we enjoyed it that much.

• Liked — The size and utilities
  • Disliked — Paying for the kids to use Playstation
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank barbiehen
columbus ga
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We were pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews we are a little scared. But the moment we opened the door we knew we had made the right choice. The location is perfect and easily accessible to all theme parks, grocery stores, shopping etc... I guess the houspkeeping was better than what I had read our place was clean and we didn't hear any construction noises, even though we saw the work in process. I think these reviews are good but sometimes I think people go overboard and give a good place a bad review and it affects travelers decisions. So people writing reviews lets be honest, afterall we don't live in a perfect world....The only complaint I would have is that there is no houskeeping...But I am finding that is not uncommon these days!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — I loved the updated furniture and decor
  • Disliked — no maid service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kirkwood1
UK
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Just back from a two week stay at the Fountains and all in all had a good time.

Excellent position for all the Theme Parks, Shops, Restaurants etc, and on the whole extremely friendly and helpful service from the staff.

Not a great deal on site compared to other locations I have stayed at but there is a supermarket and other shops close by so the Resorts "box" of a store isn't a problem.

The upside to this however is that unlike some of the bigger resorts all is in comfortable walking distance.

Two gripes however. Maybe it's because I run a cleaning business at home and maybe I am picky but I was very disappointed with the standard of cleaning in the Apartments. We stayed in a standard room in the first week and it seems that Housekeeping bypasses the edges of the hard floors when it comes to cleaning. There was dirt and hair etc especially around the edges and some of the cupboards were not the cleanest with a fair amount of water stain at the bottom. It seems that a mere brush of the floors rather than a good old fashioned dust and mop is used. The standard of dusting also left a lot to be desired.

In fairness after I mentioned it to the Management Housekeeping was round within 15 minutes and sorted the problem out. The second week however we moved into a deluxe room and I found the same problem there, this time however I decided to not bother mentioning it. As I say though maybe I am just picky because of the job I do...

Also as others have mentioned the sheets to the beds are awful and totally undersized. Surely in the US if they have Queen and King Sized beds they must have sheets to match??!!

On the whole though not bad, although I would choose somewhere else in future.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The Cleaning
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple