“The Crystal Palace isn't so Crystal”

Character Dining Restaurants
Ranked #549 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I adore Winnie the Pooh and since my first visit to the world, the Character dining with Pooh and Friends has been a must for us. I did change our reservation from one date to another and 3 days before we were due to go, managed to get an earlier one in the day.

We arrived with about 10 minutes to spare. Check in was easy and we were asked to take a seat on the veranda. Normally when we've been it's been hooching and we've had to stand, but we got a seat. We hadn't been sitting long when we were called.

We've always been seated into the left but this time we were seated into the right. We had a love round table which over looked the walk way to Adventureland. Our server was Terri who was just lovely. She always had that refill ready and was quick to remove our plates which were finished with. She definitely deserves 5*'s from me.

The characters come round the tables in an order and they were great with the children spending time with them and Pooh allowed me to hug him. We had great interactions. They came round 2 or 3 times in the time we were there.

The food was a huge disappointment this time. The salad bar needed replenished. Every time I went to the hot food bar, there seemed to be nothing left or what was there looked dried up and not appetising. The puddings needed more of them as people were just running in and pinching everything as soon as a new tray was put down.

I was billed $200 for this and it was just not that magical as it had been in the past. I really grudged that amount of money

1  Thank Groovee
There are newer reviews for Character Dining Restaurants

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We tried to get dinner reservations at the restaurant for the July 4th week (yeah, that was crazy) but we managed to walk up to the Reservation Desk and ask if there are any cancellations since there is a Standby line. There was! We waited only ten minutes for a party of 2 and inside was incredible. We were seated in the main dining room with the celestrial ceiling and the outdoor view of snow falling in the forest. There was an armory room, Beauty and the Beast statue on a revolving pedestal and a Meet and Greet Photo Spot with the Beast! The food and service was impeccable as we had the Seafood special. Unfortunately there was so much food we didn't have room for dessert and the dessert cart looked awesome! I would highly recommend eating here!

1  Thank Drey98
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We love dining at this character restaurant because it is more laid back than many of the others and the tall booths offer privacy and a view of the lands. This is also one of the restaurants that more easily accommodate my daughters food allergies. Plus, the characters visit multiple times.

1  Thank cflo1024
Reviewed June 16, 2013

There are better Italian options in Epcot or Hollywood Studios (make reservations) and better character dining options at the parks as well; for about the same money.

1  Thank Elbyme
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Our 6 year old daughter is mad on Piglet ! We hunted Magic Kingdom to try and find him. He was hiding in the restaurant and you could only see him on character dining !
First thought .... Going to now get ripped off for a buffet meal ! Another Ponderosa type affair???
How wrong we were !
The kids got to see all the Pooh characters and the breakfast was good too ! Fresh eggs, Freshly made pancakes ! Plenty of choice
For my little 6 year old her dreams definately came true ! We had fun too !

Book in advance! Added bonus being in Magic Kingdom before it opened ! Great for pictures without the crowds !