“Better Than You Would Expect”

Liberty Tree Tavern
Ranked #188 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Liberty Tree Tavern tantalizes patrons at Magic Kingdom theme park with patriotic plates including clam chowder, traditional roast turkey and pot roast, as well as salads and sandwiches.Check in at the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant podium and rest until the town crier summons your party. Be escorted through this authentic recreation of an 18th-century American inn, then sit and enjoy a New England-inspired meal.Comprised of six comfortable rooms, Liberty Tree Tavern is furnished with colonial artifacts and provides a pleasant respite from the bustle outside.
springfield
“Better Than You Would Expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The menu is somewhat limited, but the food in this restaurant is a step above many other Disney restaurants.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank homer227

South Lyon, Michigan
“SO glad we stopped here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

If I was not on the dining plan, I probably would have not stopped here. It didn't seem like anything great from the outside and looking at the menu. Boy was I wrong! The family style meal was amazing! The food was like a recreation of a Thanksgiving meal. We all devoured it. This was def one of my favorite meals at Disney. I keep thinking about the dessert!!

Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“I'll skip Liberty Tree Tavern next time...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a pretty un-Disney like experience at Liberty Tree Tavern. First, there was a lot of chaos/confusion at the check in desk. It took a while to get checked in (although at the time, the line wasn't that long) & it seemed like they didn't have a good system up front. We waited forever to be seated & after about 30 minutes past our reservation time, I walked back up to check on our table only to be told they had called us already. We had been sitting there in the main lobby & never heard anyone call our name. They didn't use a "buzzer" or a microphone to call names, instead they had this very soft spoken young lady calling out names & we missed it due to the loud atmosphere. Once we checked back in, we waited about 10-15 minutes again before we were seated. We were seated towards the back on a raised area with other families (we had 6 in our party; 4 adults, 2 small kids). Our server was fine, but certainly not the Disney service we have come to know & appreciate. We had the family style meal (I don't think there were any other options for dinner) & it was tasty! The green beans were my favorite followed by the flank steak. When we asked for more, our server seemed put out by our request. Dessert was the Johnny Appleseed cake with vanilla ice cream...I wasn't a fan & neither was my son. I do wish they offered more selection on dessert...spice cake isn't for everyone. We also had an issue with the table next to us. It was an older couple by themselves. They were very rude & complained about the kids around them. I really wish I would have said something to them, but really??!! Disney is a family vacation destination...expect to be around families with kids at the parks!!! I couldn't believe how rude & nasty they were. I can say for sure we will not be back on our next trip!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Christmas Dinner, YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We decided to have our Christmas dinner here and what a delicious surprise it turned out to be! Even with reservations we had a bit of a wait but there were coloring activities for the kids and peppermint hot chocolate (that was incredibly delicious) being served in the lobby while waiting. Dinner was served family style and there were options to please all of the tastes in our family.

Visited December 2013
philadelphia
“The reason why I come back to Disney is this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't tell you how much my son and I love eating here! I mean all you can eat Thanksgiving dinner and in Disney World... I mean come on...is there any place on earth better then that! WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!! One thing I don't understand id why you need to request Cranberry Sauce, which is out of this world!! Only negative thing I can say is... I can't eat here everyday and it'll take a week of spinning class to work one meal off.. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation you won't be disappointed!