“A great alternative to counterservice”

Liberty Tree Tavern
Ranked #148 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Liberty Tree Tavern tantalizes patrons at Magic Kingdom theme park with patriotic plates including clam chowder, traditional roast turkey and pot roast, as well as salads and sandwiches.Check in at the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant podium and rest until the town crier summons your party. Be escorted through this authentic recreation of an 18th-century American inn, then sit and enjoy a New England-inspired meal.Comprised of six comfortable rooms, Liberty Tree Tavern is furnished with colonial artifacts and provides a pleasant respite from the bustle outside.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've never been thrilled with the counter service options at the Magic Kingdom, so on our recent trip, we made a last minute reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern (I made the reservation the night before our meal). This was a great choice! The restaurant is so pretty and authentic looking inside. The staff does a great job, and the food is really hearty and delicious. My sister and I split the tavern fried cheese (which is basic fried mozzerella) and split an order of the Pilgram's platter (roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans). It totally hit the spot and splitting the entrees and appetizer was plenty of food. We didn't even have room for the chocolate cake I'd been eying! I love this restaurant and won't hesitate to return!

2  Thank lawchicky
Write a ReviewReviews (2,672)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is one of the better places to eat in the Magic Kingdom. The food is family style..think Thanksgiving day dinner. You get turkey, pork and beef. The beef was by far the best. The dessert, a spice cake with apples and cranberries was very good as well.

1  Thank stones2125
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We tried this place for the 1st time this trip in February. We are glad we chose this Restaraunt, the atmosphere is historical (colonial times) and pretty neat - they ask where you are visiting from at the front and then announced our names stating "hailing from the colony of New York" when calling us to be seated! The food is brought buffet style to your table - Ham, Pork, Thinly sliced Beef, mashed potatoes, delectable gravy, and yummy dressing - it was all delicious and felt more like a homecooked Thanksgiving meal than a Disney meal. It is unique here, many table service restaraunts at Disney specialize in Steak or Seafood, but this is the only one that we know of that specializes in Thanksgiving food. The service was excellent as well. We highly recommend it here!

2  Thank jamesslitdog
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had to wait for a table way longer than the expected time, average food and service, wouldn't be back. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Skybird2008
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

While the tables are wobbely and the service was less than mediocure the food was great. The meal is served family style which is awesome. They are suppossed to bring you as much as you want of whatever you want. I believe our waitress had too many tables although the restaurant was not overly busy because she was extremely slow at returning to see what we needed. The salad came first, 2 big bowls for 7 people more than enough. It took sometime for her to return with the actual entrees and when she did there definitely was not enough for 7 to even get started, she didn't judge that very well. It took an ungodly amount of time toget refills on the food as well as the drinks. We were on the dining plan, all on the same one and when she brought the bill they had us as all seperate and she seemed like she didn't want to deal with that. I'm not sure if that is why our service was so bad throughout or if it was just the waitressherself. We watched another family of 5 come and go and sing happy birthday before we even got dessert. It was just very slow for us.... I think we will give it another chance when we go back again. I don't know if I could eat thismich food during the summer months and spend the day at a park I think this may have to be my fall and winter pick. Turkey. Pork roast, beef roast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, Mac and cheese, veggies, salad, dessert and I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. Defjnitly a feast if you have good service.

1  Thank GGk989