“Very good dinner”

Liberty Tree Tavern
Ranked #188 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Liberty Tree Tavern tantalizes patrons at Magic Kingdom theme park with patriotic plates including clam chowder, traditional roast turkey and pot roast, as well as salads and sandwiches.Check in at the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant podium and rest until the town crier summons your party. Be escorted through this authentic recreation of an 18th-century American inn, then sit and enjoy a New England-inspired meal.Comprised of six comfortable rooms, Liberty Tree Tavern is furnished with colonial artifacts and provides a pleasant respite from the bustle outside.
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first time eating at this restaurant and I think we'd go back. The food was served family style - and there was alot of it, as usual for Disney restaurants. All of the meats and side dishes were very tasty. They could have been hotter when they made it to our table. The salad that started the meal was a bit lack luster, with not enough dressing. But it wasn't bad.

I had my gluten free side dishes brought to the table for me. The chef was just ok when he came to the table to talk to me about my allergy. Compared to the overly accommodating chefs at all of the other restaurants he was just ok. He did make me GF mac & cheese, but brought it to the table after everything else. The GF rolls were hot and delicious!

The tables were very close together which was a bit annoying, but livable.

• Visited November 2012

“Historical setting meaningful,fun plus great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The Liberty Tree Tavern is meant to replicate dining at a 1700's Inn complete with Thanksgiving style meal served family style. It was cozy, quaint atmosphere that was a brief but wonderful respite from the bustling, harried crowds of the Magic Kingdom. I loved being able to "hide" for a bit before braving the crowds again after dinner.

The food is very tasty, not spectacular but a great meal overall. We loved the Mac n cheese almost as much as the meat-yum! The stuffing was average but everything else was so good- roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, bread, and a simple but elegant cake a la mode dessert. We loved it! Our server was so attentive, it almost seemed as if we didn't need her enough but she kept coming to check on us anyway.

Franklin, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent MK meal for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I ( kids 6 1/2 and 9) ate here during our visit to MK on Monday before Thanksgiving. I had tried for reservations for other days that week 5 months in advance, but decided on Monday at 6. Our meal was excellent..all you can eat served family style. The quality, quantity and choices were amazing for an amusement park. Our server was excellent and he anticipated what we wanted refills on before I could get it out of my mouth. The flank steak was amazing. My kids ate LOTS of their Mac n cheese, along w mashed potatoes. I have nothing bad to say...it was a wonderful meal for relaxing and getting full bellies during an amusement park visit.

• Visited November 2012
Long Island, NY
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had the turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes meal and enjoyed every bit of it. The setting is unexciting but clean and roomy.

Visited November 2012
“Colonial Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ate here with a large party. Service was fast and efficient, especially considering we were a party of 13. I ordered the pot roast and husband ordered the turkey platter- both of which were very good. The children's menu was pretty limited- which seems par for the course at Disney establishments. Two of our children ordered the pasta with marinara and disliked it. The sauce was chunky and the pasta seemed to have been heated with some mozzarella on top and appeared burned and dried out. Luckily, the side salads were decent as was the small dish of ice cream that accompanied the meal- because they barely touched the pasta.
One pitfall- there are a number of specialty drinks that appear on the menu at a high price. These are available for a lower price if you ask not to be charged for the souvenir cup they are served in. My daughter ordered the Ariel punch which was $7 because it came with a collectible cup and glowing clip-on light. Of course she wanted it because of the appearance, but she wouldn't drink the punch which was described as a light lemonade punch. We asked to have the cup refilled with another beverage, which our server was happy to do.