“Not a typical menu, but very good”

Tusker House Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had lunch here and really enjoyed the buffet. Several characters made the rounds of the tables while we ate, unfortunately my 2 year old great niece didn't like them. I did. Food was African based and very good. Nice selections of hot and cold salads. Expected a little more spice in some of the entrees, but they were tasty none the less. I would certainly consider Tusker House if I'm back at Animal Kingdom.

1  Thank jpyzek
There are newer reviews for Tusker House Restaurant

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on February 14,2014. The food was not what we expected. The "hummus" bar had one type of hummus on it, the meat selections were over cooked. The characters came by the table for maybe 30 seconds each... If you didn't have the camera ready when they came by you missed out. We were rushed to go eat and they came by to try to pick up the plates before we were close to being finished. One female in our party had symptoms of food born illness about 12 hours after eating here, but she was told they didn't have enough complaints to warrant investigation. ( She lost two days of her vacation due to gi upset and she ate some things on the bar the rest of us did not eat, we had medical professionals traveling with us who thought her illness was food born as well.) Needless to say we do not recommend this place!

5  Thank Beachnp
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I read the menus and saw the pictures with the multi colored draperies and after promising myself that this trip I would eat at restaurants I hadn't tried before I thought that this was a pretty safe bet and would be just like my favorite Disney restaurant Boma, but at the Animal Kingdom PARK instead of Lodge. Not quite. Nothing was 'bad' but the atmosphere is (this is dinner, no characters) just ok. Conventional chairs and tables. HUGE space for the buffet, that the food was not really as warm, or hot as it could have been...seemed like it had been out a little bit, the variety was not what you'd find at Boma, a little more conventional. great waitstaff and seaters. Seemed so much real estate in the food room, for small dishes of food that were far apart. Not band, not great. I really wanted to love it! I will say the meats, orzo and warm banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce were outstanding.

1  Thank canter2u
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The characters are fun, as always (Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy) but we really come here for the brunch. It's a delicious mix of traditional breakfast foods, African treats, and brunch items. Savory quiches, bread pudding, and berry cobbler were our favorites!

2  Thank Whitney C
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It was a great lunch. Pricey but the kids really enjoyed it. The characters were great. We had a lot of fun with them..