“My Disney”

Tusker House
Ranked #132 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, African
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Henry, Illinois
“My Disney”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Tusker House in Animal Kingdom is my favorite character breakfast at Disney. The food is great and there is an ample selection for my family and friends to choose from. We love the atmosphere and Mickey and Minnie are always there to greet us at the table and take pictures with the kids....Love the mango/passion fruit juice!!! Great way to start our day at the Kingdom!!

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
East Greenbush, New York
“Good Buffet and Character Breakfast”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is our must do breakfast while visiting Disney. The food is good and plentiful and there are some different African dishes in addition to the usual breakfast items at other breakfast buffets. The fruit is always fresh, ripe and delicious. The characters are a bonus as my kids are older now and not as enthralled with the characters as they were when they were younger; they still ask to come back to Tusker House for breakfast every time we visit. Service has always been prompt, efficient and courteous. We have only ever eaten breakfast here so I have no input on the lunch buffet.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Character Breakfast . . .”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

. . . with great food. There was a wide selection of breakfast items at the buffet. I especially enjoyed the bread pudding and the accompanying sauce. (FYI -- the bread pudding sauce is great on a Mickey waffle!). The buffet area was large and open, so it didn't feel as crowded as some other Disney buffet restaurants. The service was excellent. We were seated immediately after our photo with Donald. We received numerous refills on our beverages -- especially the Jungle Juice. The character handlers always gave us a heads up when the characters were getting close -- so that we could refill our plates without worrying we'd miss a character.
I recommend getting a reservation for a time before the park opens. When we were there, the restaurant opened one hour (8:00am) before the park (9:00am), and our reservation was for 8:05am . We finished breakfast (8:55ish), and walked right onto the safari with no wait.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 264KarenS
McLean, Virginia
“Worst experience at Disney ever”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had 11:15 lunch reservations, hostess out front was extremely rude to my disabled father, when we were finally seated, we were told we would have to wait to place our drink orders before going to the buffet line. I waited while my parents and daughter went to get their plates. I waited over 10 minutes for our waiter to finally appear. And, though we had a LUNCH reservation, they must have over prepared breakfast items due to the park's early opening because they didn't start putting lunch items out until 11:45/11:50. We had to wait another 10 minutes for our iced teas to arrive at the table. The gentleman at the carving station acting like he was doing us a favor and flicked the carved ham on our plates with an air of irritation. All in all, there was just a negative energy at play.

I told our waiter that we needed to leave to catch our FastPass+ of The Lion King. Long story short - we were at Tusker for over an hour, not one character made it by our table, our waiter took 15 minutes to get our final check to me and we arrived at 12:26 for our FastPass at The Lion King only to be told it had expired at 12:25pm and we missed the window.

If this was my first Disney experience, it would be my last. AVOID it and opt for quick serve and save your sit down dining points for a restaurant that values guests and serves the right food during the right meal time.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Diane F
Austin, Texas
“Feels a bit like a cruise ship buffet with Disney characters”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Ambience overall is decent, the food is pretty good - for a buffet, and having 3 Disney characters (Goofy, Daisy, and Mickey) walk around was nice, but the seating area was crowded noisy, and pretty much one big loud room. One you sat down with your plate of food a lot of the place's character was lost and then felt more like a cruise ship buffet meal, except for most cruise ship meals you're not asked to leave a 18-20% tip for bringing drinks and clearing plates. I waited tables for many years, so maybe I'm too harsh. Our kids tend to nibble at buffets so then $120 tab (including tip) for 2 adults and 2 kids and no alcohol was quite steep.

1 Thank ATX_Tips