“Fun Breakfast”

Ranked #128 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Edmond, OK
“Fun Breakfast”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Started our day at Animal Kimgdom here. We were on the dining plan so I can't speak for the price. We were seated on time right after our picture with Donald (turned out so cute) and the service was good. We got to see and take pics with all the characters. The food was pretty good but we had eaten out a ton by the time we went so it didn't really stand out. The theme and decor were well done. We'd go back.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Character Lunch”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tusker House is a great place to have a character lunch with Donald and friends. The buffet is quite large with lots of different and interesting choices. It was very busy but didn't seem overly crowded. There were no lines at the buffet. They seem to do a good job of spreading people out. Also the service was excellent. Highly recommend if you're looking for a good character experience with good food.

• Visited April 2013
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I loved this restaurant! The food is delicious,all African inspired so if your not an adventurous eater,this isn't the place for you. There are however quite a few selections for kids if they're picky.The standard corn dogs,pbj and Mac and cheese.There is a wide variety of desserts available and the service is great.I prob would have given this place a 5 regardless just because of the air conditioning,best hour of the day out of the heat.

• Visited May 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been to Disney many times but had never visited Tusker House. Pickings are slim for good food at Animal Kingdom, and although we didn't have reservations, my husband and I decided to splurge on the lunch buffet. We walked up and were warned that the wait was about an hour and a half but decided to take our chances. Moments later, we were ushered to a table. (Child-free at Disney FTW! There's pretty much no wait for anything when there's only two of you!)

Of all the buffets I've been to at Disney, this was my favorite. The variety was amazing, and we got there pretty early for lunch, so there were still loads of breakfast pastries to enjoy for dessert! I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl, so I loaded up on delicious pot roast, mashed potatoes, yummy mac and cheese and green beans. My husband is a much more adventurous eater and loved sampling all the exotic African foods. And, bonus, we got to meet the Fab Five! As always, the characters were wonderful, and nothing beats chowing down on delicious food in between playing with Mickey and Minnie. We'll definitely go back next May when we visit again!

• Visited October 2012
Springboro, Ohio
“Nice character breakfast!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We came here for breakfast before the park opened. We had reservations for 8:05 in the morning. It was really cool to walk to "Africa" with little crowds!

We didnt wait very long to be ushered in. We first took a picture with Donald Duck and then we were seated. Donald stays in the picture taking area, he doesnt visit you during breakfast...but Mickey, Goofy, and Daisy visit! They were all awesome!

THe food was really good too. I loved the biscuits and gravy. My kids loved the doughnuts and chocolate milk. The coffee was also really really good! This was actually the best breakfast of our trip. They also have Mickey waffles! We all were very happy with the selection of the food. The food was fresh and filling!

If you are on the Dining Plan this place is very much worth one of your meals! Priceless meeting characters without waiting in line!

• Visited May 2013