“March 28th visit”

Ranked #137 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tusker house is very good. I would not rate it as my favorite restaurant but it is very good. It is a buffet with no characters for dinner which was fne for us. The food was good but not excellent. The service was good as well. It didn't necessarily wow me but there was nothing particularly bad at all. We had had a long day leading up to dinner with several activities so that could play into my review as well. No fault of the restaurant or disney

Write a ReviewReviews (3,059)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My advice to you regarding Tusker House is to book an early seating of Donald's Safari Breakfast (a character meal) here. The day we booked, Animal Kingdom opened at 9 a.m. Our seating was for 8 a.m. While this made for a very EARLY morning for us, it was worth it. By 9 a.m. when the park opened, we were already deep inside the park, and we were the very first people to ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari.

We arrived at the park entrance at about 7:50 a.m. They checked our names on the breakfast reservation list, and we were allowed to scan our park tickets and enter. The park is gorgeous early in the morning. The sun is still low in the sky, and the light is amazing. We got great pictures of the Tree of Life, and there were no crowds to mar our shots.

We headed to the back of the park, where the Tusker House Restaurant is located. We checked in, and then we had our picture made with Donald. Then, we were seated, they took our drink orders, and it was off to the buffet. There was so much variety! All the usual breakfast foods - biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, pastries, etc. - plus some ethnic choices to explore. We loved the jungle juice and the prompt, friendly service.

Before long, all of the characters made their way around the dining room: Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. We took pictures, got autographs, and enjoyed our breakfast for about an hour before leaving.

Tusker House restaurant is adjacent to the entrance for the Kilimanjaro Safari. The safari is one of the most popular attractions at Animal Kingdom, so we wanted an early seat. Also, we'd heard that the animals were most active early in the day. As soon as breakfast ended, we hopped aboard, and we saw tons of animals! It was a wonderful start to our day at Animal Kingdom!

3  Thank bradshawgirl
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went there so we could use the disney cake service for my son’s birthday. We reminded the staff at check in of the cake setup. Once our meal was done, they brought out a cupcake, didn’t sing to him or anything. We asked about the cake and 20-30 minutes later the manager said he forgot to order it. So we spent $150 to go to a restaurant just so we could use the cake service and we didn’t even get it. So disappointed since we were really looking forward to seeing the surprised look on our son’s face. Food was not great, service was not “disney magic” in any way. Hit Rainforest cafe just outside the park gates instead.

3  Thank jwimm22
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you are looking for something a little different food wise this is a good choice. The buffet had some really interesting choices that were spicy or seasoned so it was a nice change from the ordinary buffet choices. The characters were all really fun and posed for lots of pictures. Our waitress was super nice, I had a nose bleed and was gone a long time since I coudn't stop it, and she even came to the bathroom to check on me. Then she told me to take my time and eat since she knew I didn't eat much. It is a little loud and sunny on the inside but it was a good place to eat. The wait was really long even with the reservation, but on a holiday weekend it was crowded.

1  Thank donnadisneymom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I enjoyed the buffet that offered cuisine that I wouldn't otherwise be able to find in Cleveland. It had couscous, curries a nice roast pork and beef as well as marinated vegetables, tofu, hummus and other things to try. The waitstaff was very pleasant as well. I was a little surprised that it was basically empty though. Perhaps the rain showers deterred diners. Although we made reservations, they didn't seem necessary.