“More food with "Indian flare"”

Tusker House Restaurant
Ranked #335 of 4,058 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom lodge, so we had already had a lot of Indian food. The Tusker house experience was only ok because of the service. It was terrible. I'm hoping that it was because they were short staffed?? The character show was cute, glad we didn't have to stand in the long line to get pics with Daffy/Donald Duck. They do roam around the restaurant as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,245)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Every Disney World trip I take, this is always the first reservation I make. I have been to Tuskers so many times and it is always FABULOUS!

You are always greeted immediately, you get to take your pictures with Donald and there is always a minimal or no line and then we get called to get seated. The restaurant is large and airy and the buffet has something for everyone and not to mention delicious. The character interaction is always excellent and of all my trips all my servers have been very attentive and friendly.

This is defiantely a must go to restaurant!

3  Thank BelaN74
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After a long hot day in the Animal Kingdom, a cool spot for a quiet dinner is very welcome. We found just that at the Tusker House. Although we had made advance reservations in anticipation of the busy spring break period, we probably would not have needed them. The restaurant had more vacant tables than occupied ones. And that was just fine! It was cool, quiet, and seems miles away from the bustle of the park.

Dinner is served buffet style, with some traditional choices, and some foods for those with a more adventurous palate, like chutney, hummus, smoked salmon with all the toppings, and couscous. There is also an array of kid-friendly items. I recommend the peri-peri marinated salmon filet - I have no idea what peri-peri is (and still don't), but it was yummy! Tomato and cucumber with frest mint and yogurt dressing was also very good. I heartily recommend the Habanero Lime Margarite, made with Patron silver, habenero lime, and house-made sweet and sour, as one of the finest margarita I have ever had, and I've had one or two.....

So don't overlook the Tusker House for dinner. At one dining credit, it is a bargain. It could be a very lovely and peaceful end to your day at the wonderfully wild Animal Kingdom

1  Thank dlp53
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went for the first time this visit, and were not disappointed. The visit started with a family picture with Donald. Of course, it's an opportunity to sell the pictures to you, but it was a nice option as you can get a photo of your whole group. The buffet had so many options! My only disappointment was that the sausage gravy (one of my favorite breakfast foods that I don't often indulge in) was on the sweet side, not proper southern. Every character made it to the tables for pictures, and really did a great job engaging each child to their comfort level. Both of my kids have autism. My daughter will muckle right onto a character and ham it up for a picture. My son though - not so much. He likes them and wants to check them out, and he might do the touching (especially Goofy's whiskers :) ), but he does not want them initiating the touch. The characters picked right up and maintained a close distance that was comfortable for him. Oh, and their signature juice - I think it was a guava-orange and something else - was DELICIOUS! Not much makes me ever ignore my coffee, but that stuff did! We'll return. I'd like to try lunch, but then I'd have to miss out on Flame Tree BBQ later, and I can't have that. Maybe next trip will include 2 visits to Animal Kingdom!

3  Thank jennz_id
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My kids, myself and my parents were all pleasantly surprised to discover that the food was actually good at Donald's Safari Lunch! My father especially enjoyed it and went back to the buffet several times for seconds and thirds. The character interaction was one of the best we had on the trip (and boy did we do a lot of character meals!) Our waiter was helpful and friendly. Overall, a good experience for the entire family.
On another occasion we had breakfast at Tusker House and had another positive experience.

1  Thank mkouzmine