“I have had a bad Disney experience”

Tusker House Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Well! I have finally found a restaurant in Disney that had sub par service!! We waited over 30 min. just to have our drink orders taken!!! In that time we saw all the characters and still waited for a server!! The food is good and the characters are all adorable but it won't make up for this cranky hungry park thirsty customers that will not be back!!

1  Thank TMG3971
Write a ReviewReviews (3,171)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of kids' choices on the dinner buffet. My husband and I were also pleased with the choices offered on the buffet and appreciated the different experience from most of the other restaurants. The tables were too close together and it was very loud in the dining area, but that was ok by our toddler.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Late review. We went in Dec 2011. We have been here before and liked it enough to come back. The service was great. My son has alot of food allergies and the chef came out to our table and took him and I to the buffett and went over the things he can and cant have. The food is great and fun to try the different foods.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Tusker House was adequate for a character experience. We went for the lunch buffet with my two year old. The dining areas are loud, cramped, and huge. The characters came around at least once but spent very little time at the table. A quick photo and they were off to the next table. The food was interesting. They had the basics for kids (mac and cheese, pb&j) and some more native dishes for adults and adventurous children which I did enjoy tasting. But overall, we had a far better experience in 2013 at the Garden Grille at Epcot with personal attention from the characters and feeling less like cattle shoved into a dining room.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a fair place for lunch but not as good as several others at Disney. The buffet was just not that good. The desserts were good but a little pricey if that is all you enjoy eating.