“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #129 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Pleasantly surprised with the different choices they had. The breakfast buffet was huge and the food was good. The only thing I didn't care for was the check in for the reservation we made. We checked in, received a beeper. Then someone just shouted that anyone with a beeper proceed up the stairs to find that we had to wait in line outside to have our picture taken with Donald. Then we had to wait again for the beeper to go off. Little confusing to say the least. I also didn't like how they went around table to tabl trying to sell the picture with Donald. I'm trying to eat....

• Visited December 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Shafer, Minnesota
“Great Character Breakfast”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Oh my goodness from the moment we had our photo taken with Donald until we left this experience was worth every penny! Donald didn't like that I had a Mickey Shirt on so we stood back to back with our arms crossed. The staff thought it was awesome and one of the best photos they had seen for awhile (maybe they say that to everyone though?). Food here was yummy yummy yummy! Plentiful selection, great temperature, and awesome variety of favorites and new tastes to try. I am glad I took two plates to start, because with two kids by the time I was back to the table the characters were coming around. Mickey, Daisy and Goofy all stopped for autographs and photos--and kisses and high fives (even with chocolate donut fingered children!). We bought the photos too-$30 for 6 pics isn't such a bad deal. Loved this!!!

Visited December 2011
Columbus, OH
“Really cute character breakfast!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We've been to Disney World before, but had never really "met" the main characters, like Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, so we decided that since we were going to the Animal Kingdom anyway, we'd try 'Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House'. I had read that there are photos taken outside with Donald, and they did line us up for those, but no Donald Duck in sight. But once we were seated inside, we discovered why - since it had been raining that morning, Donald wasn't posing for pics outside, and instead was inside doing a meet and greet, and signing autographs! I'd heard that if he's outside for pics, he doesn't have time for any autographs. My seven year old daughter was thrilled to get to visit with him, and get his autograph. We also got to see Daisy Duck, along with Mickey, and Goofy. We even took part in the little parade that the characters do.

We did buy the photo package that we took outside, even though Donald wasn't in those pics (we took lots of our own of him), and if you want to put them on your Photo Pass account, all you have to do is enter the number found at the bottom of one of the pics. That was kind of cool, because then I was able to get those pictures on my Photo Pass CD that I had ordered.

For a character experience, it was very nice. Our waitress was also friendly, and very attentive (it definitely wasn't a full house, there were several open tables), and the food was very good. We went in October, and I did not feel rushed at all, or overly cramped. Overall, for a fun, relaxing character experience, if you're headed to the Animal Kingdom, I highly recommend this breakfast.

• Visited October 2011
Bruges, Belgium
“Great character breakfast”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Our reservation at Tusker House was for breakfast, so we were going to the ‘Donald’s Safari Breakfast’.
When arriving at Tusker House, we checked in, received our beeper and ticket with my allergy information on it. We were told that we would have to wait a little, because Donald was still posing with other families. We had a seat, but shortly after, our names were called.
Before entering the restaurant, we could have our picture taken with Safari Donald. He was really in character, and the photographer really took his time for some nice shots.
Later, during our breakfast, they came to show us the pictures and then we could decide if we would purchase them or not. We did purchase them, and we had the option to pick them up at the entrance of Animal Kingdom, so we wouldn’t have to keep them with us all day. (If you buy a picture at a character dining, you can add the picture to your photopass account).

After our little meeting with Donald, we were shown our table, and were greeted by a very nice waitress. Noticing that I had an allergy, she had the chef come out, who showed me around the buffet, and got me a special yoghurt.

During our breakfast, we got to meet Mickey, Daisy and Goofy, all in safari outfit. They were really cute, and the waitress even offered to take a picture of the both of us with the character each time. Really nice of her to do this voluntarily!
She also made sure that we got to see all of them, so we wouldn’t miss out on anything.

Choice of the buffet was really nice, and a little bit different from the other ones we had already done before.
Although there were a lot of people in the area that we were seated, it never felt crowded.
This was a really relaxed breakfast, and I would definitely do this one again!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Libertyke
Portage, Indiana
“A GREAT character breakfast and good food.”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and 4 and 6 year old daughters went to two breakfasts on our 6 day trip to Walt Disney World, this was one and the other was 1900 Park Fare (review already posted, it was fabulous).

Our reservation was for 9:05, 5 minutes after the park opened. We were on time but it did take about 15 minutes to get seated.

The adventure started with a personal meet and greet with Safari Donald (characters are random) in which pictures were taken by a Disney Photographer. I was extremely disappointed it was NOT a photopass photographer. We did of course use our own camera which is always fine at Disney. It was the only separate picture we bought (aside from the photopass CD) and while we had no intention of buying it, we all had a perfect look on our faces. AT $20 it was an expensive addition to a pricey breakfast, but I digress.

The food was good. It was a buffet and while the food was good and had some variety, the food was standard and nothing special. Well, they had the mickey waffles but every breakfast at Disney has those, lol.

The characters were wonderful, Safari Mickey and Goofy and Daisy Duck, a cute parade ensued. Very cute and fun.

Overall, the characters made the meal. The food, while good, was very standard and generic, by comparison 1900 Park Fare was head and shoulders above the Tusker House for breakfast.

Tip: The Disney Deluxe dining plan saved our bacon yet again. During our other days we ate breakfast in our hotel room consisting of donuts, breakfast bars and fruits to help spread out our meals and to save some for events like Cinderellas Royal Table at the Castle.

Usually my reviews include more information on the food and what we ate but nothing stands out as being very rememberable unlike most of the other restaurants we visited while at the Parks.

• Visited May 2011