“Don't waste your time”

Ranked #288 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked a trip to Disney only two months out. Anyone who has planned a trip to Disney knows there isn't much left for meal reservations that close to travel dates. Luckily I found a dinner time at the Plaza but now I know why. We were very disappointed in the menu choices-very limited and even more disappointed with the food. It was less than mediocre and of course, the price was sky high. The waitresses uniforms were dirty. I was embarrassed that I had made this reservation for my party. We were all disappointed and will NOT return to the Plaza in any future trip to the Magic Kingdom.

1  Thank ALSCymru

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stopped in here in September 2013 and found it way too packed, dirty, and with slow service. This was the only restaurant taking walk ups in Magic Kingdom that day, and there is a reason why. The food was just ok, the same you get at any counter service meal. I got a burger and it was fine, but we sat next to the kitchen door and it was noisy and unclean as a result. There were also a lot of flies around the place. I had heard a few good reviews about the place, but I won't be returning any time soon.

1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed January 15, 2014

They make all your basic foods, but it is prepared and delivered to your table with style and speed. We always stop for lunch at the Plaza in MK. The kids love it and the food is very good, especially the ice cream selections.

1  Thank harrisharry49
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is you basic fast food restaurant at Disney world, which all in all is NOT a bad thing. Great fast food and it wont break you. They have more that you can make it into a sit down meal rather than the quick meal on the go getting back in the lines for the rides. Having said this the SECRET to this place is on occasions they will have desert buffets at night which is when you want to go because if you catch it right the restaurant features the best seat, yes I said "seat"!Best in the house to watch the fireworks. All while you are eating the best desserts, not fighting the crowds to see or be able to sit on the ground etc.. to watch the fireworks.

1  Thank kevin c
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We made a reservation for lunch for 1/12/14. Twenty minutes after our reservation time we were finally seated. Another twenty minutes and we were able to order. I don't know if the kitchen was slow or they were understaffed but everything was slow. We ordered the grilled cheese for our child. We got two pieces of bread with an uncooked piece of cheese. Not good, I ended up splitting my meal with the child. Our food was Disney average. We were't asking for a lot, but it was too slow and the food, especially the kids meal, was not good. We are annual pass holders but we will not eat there ever again.