“A Gem”

Ranked #278 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
New Jersey
“A Gem”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We dined at the Plaza for dinner one evening before the Electrical Parade. The service was friendly and quick, and the food was tasty. We enjoyed the atmosphere and will definitely go back again on our next visit to Disney World.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“The best tomato soup”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When in disney we always call in here it serves the best tomato soup in the world, the rest of the food is just as nice and reasonably priced good service is always provided and plenty of entertainment should the mayor happen to call in.

• Visited October 2013
“Nice location and atmosphere but just a sandwitch place”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellant location in the Magic Kingdom with terrific view of Cinderella's Castle. Nice atmosphere. Desserts are great, especially the ice cream. Service was terrific. Only knock is the food was ok. Really just a sandwitch and burger place. If you're looking for more than that then this is not the place for you.

• Visited November 2013
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Anniversary Dinner, Poor Treatment of Incorrect Charge”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here during our overnight stay on property to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I ordered the club sandwich, which was very good. Service was not too quick; it took about one hour, so I was glad I allowed plenty of time to get to the Studios for Fantasmic. I charged the meal to our room. Upon returning home the next day, I was notified of our room charge being about 50 dollars more than I expected, and after waiting on hold for a long time, was finally able to find out that the waitress had also charged us for another guest's check. The restaurant did not offer any compensation for the error and the time I had to spend getting the charge removed, other than saying that they would credit the charge back to my credit card. Almost any other restaurant would have at least sent a gift card or offered a free or discounted meal for the next visit, but nothing was offered; this is disappointing as my wife has been an annual passholder since Disneyworld starting offering annual passes.

1 Thank Seminole_Co_Traveler
Spokane, Washington
“Very slow service, poorly run”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff at the reservation/hostess station was indifferent and curt. We made an on-line reservation, and the young woman working at the hostess station said "that's why we don't have your reservation, the web reservations never work..." She then proceeded to act like it was out fault. We asked if we could get a table, and she said sure, in 10-15 minutes. I watched several people leave the restaurant and looked in to see several empty tables, but we ended up waiting about 50 minutes. I noticed that while we were eating that about half of the tables in the eating area were empty and that it took several minutes to get them bussed, meanwhile there were several people waiting for tables outside. Our waitress was nice, but it took way too long to get our food. The food was good, but we were very unhappy with the overall experience. I also noticed a very lackadaisical attitude among most of the people working there.

1 Thank DWLM