“Food is average but service was very good.”

The Plaza Restaurant
Ranked #264 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Even though we had reservations we had to wait a good half hour before being seated. I was using my mobility scooter and that could be part of the reason, but not sure. When they finally did seat us it was right next to the kitchen door that servers were coming in and out of and they would constantly bump me. I immediately demanded to be seated in a different location and they did so and a bit latter the manager came and apologized for what had happened. One big reason I was ticked off was that I had reservations and then had to wait ....followed by being seated in the worst table in the place. This being said they did do us a favor by allowing us to share a sandwich as we did not have much of an appetite after what had taken place. The cheese steak sandwich was very good and came with a big helping of steak fries. Our server was very nice and that made the meal better.

1  Thank TravelerDude31320

Reviewed June 6, 2013

THe plaza is a great resturant. The food is amazing and the desserts are wonderful. But beware if you plan on dessert you may want to share your dinner. It will be more than one can eat. unless you get the meatloaf.

2  Thank Robbie W
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food was fresh, the service wonderful. We were seated in an alcove with a beautiful view. My husband is allergic to Mushrooms so the chef personally came to our table to take our order so that we would have no problems with the food.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I wanted a value-plus meal and that is exactly what we got. We were on a budget but we wanted some place to sit and relax and wasn't "park" fast food. The hostesses outside were awesome and extremely friendly, Cindy who walked us to our table was extremely accommodating and our waitress Heather was exceptional. Very Disney 1st class service and our family was delighted. Bad reviews for the Plaza is because people just don't get it. Do your research and read the menu before you get there. We were well informed and made the best decision based on that and our expectations were exceeded.

4  Thank JonahKKK
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Made advanced res. here in hopes of having view of fireworks. The place is worse than Denny's.....dirty, noisy, and you have to exit for a restroom.

Waited to order too long after being seated. Food okay but rest of experience not good.

1  Thank roamingnoni