“Great lunch food, bad service.”

The Plaza Restaurant
Ranked #257 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The Plaza is great for lunch at the Magic Kingdom! The Reuben is absolutely delicious. My husband did not like the meatloaf at all, said it tasted frozen, so I would stick to the sandwiches, which all looked great. It is attached to the ice cream parlor so the desserts are not to be missed. It's a great way to get ice cream and be able to enjoy it inside. The mayor, or a towns person comes in and gives a free dessert to the 100th costumer of the day, which is entertaining. The service we had was poor, I was done my ice cream before my husband got his milkshake. We had to ask several times for the same things. Overall, it is a great spot to have a good lunch inside at the park.

2  Thank MalHenry

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had supper for my sons 10th birthday their this weekend. Despite it being a reservation sit down restaurant and Disney the food was counter quality with a higher price. It was time for the fireworks so I asked for a table by the window as it was a birthday dinner but was ushered to another. I asked again, seeing vacant tables by the window and disgruntedly told to go back outside and they would do something. They then brought us to a windowed table. Served on paper plates. Birthdays are no longer celebrated even though I confirmed that I would get a celebratory cupcake or somethng when I made the reservation through disney hospitality at the front of the park. The bakery in the park has been closed to build a coffee shop and the waitress said that is why they no longer do something for birthdays. Three tables around me came for the same reason and were all disappointed. It was a big topic of conversation. I went and complained to hospitality staff afterwaqrd (payying these kind of prices for paper plates and no service) and was comped a "treat: at the confectionary.

2  Thank Trinitymom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We always go to Plaza when we come to Disney.

Tonight we ate dinner. Food was very good...tomato soup rocks the house....

Service is quick....dessert nice....give it a try.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food and service were very good. The atmosphere was old town and very friendly which is nice. We made a reservation about 10 days in advance, but when we were there we saw lots of empty tables.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The service at the Plaza was incredible, as it is at most Disney restaurants, but the food was not all that we expected. The hamburger was barely edible. At this meal, I was trying to eat healthier, and they did have delicious salad choices. My biggest complaint about the restaurant is that it was so loud. The acoustics were awful. It was a great location for the parade- a great place for the more tired folks in the group to sit, and the more energtic ones to watch!