“BEST! MEAL! EVER!”

The Plaza Restaurant
Ranked #305 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Steeleville, Illinois
“BEST! MEAL! EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

After hearing excellent reviews of the Plaza online I decided to try it one day for lunch. Not gonna lie. It's off the beaten path making it one of the best secrets at Disney. I didn't even know it existed until last December.

Any-who my server was a little slow at first getting my drink but was very good the rest of the meal.

I started with the creamiest tomato soup I ever ever had in my life. It was extremely rich and flavorful. I never knew soup could taste that good.

For an entree I had the grilled Ruben. It came on marble rye beard and tasted heavenly. the corned beef was very flavorful. The homemade chips were a little to crispy for my liking, but that's just me.

Dessert was what I was most looking forward to. I heard great things about the New York style strawberry cheesecake. As a self-proclaimed cheesecake snob I was thinking "no way it can be THAT good". I have VERY high standards on cheesecake. The Plaza exceeded those expectations. I will be dining here again on my next trip to Disney. You should too.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We hadn't expected to stop and eat here, we had other choices, but we ended up wanting to eat lunch at a late time and this was the only sit down place that was open. We both decided to have the meatloaf and it was very delicious. My husband ordered a bananna split and I think it was the biggest I have ever seen. Would recommend the restaurant in a heart beat. It has a beautiful view of the castle and you can see the parade when it rolls by.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City
“Best experience with food allergies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We had an extra sit down meal left on our dining plan on our last day at he parks, so we decided to try the Plaza Restaurant. Great choice! We have two kids with food allergies and they were treated like royalty during lunch. One of the Chefs, Ken, came to the table to discuss safe options for the kids. He asked for the kids names and personally made all of our food. He came out and checked on us several times during our meal, even took a picture with the kids. When it was time or dessert he came back to the table to double check the allergies. The kids had various versions of the Mickeylodeon ice cream dessert, which they all loved.

Disney does an amazing job providing safe food for people with food allergies. We were very happy with all our dining experiences with the kids.

Gainesville,FL
“Yummy and not expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate here for lunch one day, our reservations were 1:25 and that was a nice time to go, not so crowded. My daughter (2) was being super grumpy and wanted to nap, so we didn't want to take her out of the stroller. The hostess was so nice and accomodated us by removing chairs and making room for us to bring stroller in. That was above the call of duty, and we really appreciated it! She was so kind, I wish I remembered her name. Our server, Khalid, was amazing....fast, efficient and really nice.
The food: My husband had the burger, which looked great and he said it was good. I had the turkey club: HUGE, and a good value. The broccoli slaw is sooooo good. I wish I had the recipe! My daughter woke up and had grilled cheese with tomato soup, and the soup was a really nice surprise. It was creamy and delicious! She ate it up.
I would eat here again, it's a nice atmosphere and not hard on the wallet.
Try the banana split, we didn't, but I saw people eating it and it looked amazing.
Reserve a table!

• Visited September 2012
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Good Food / Swinging Doors Have Got to Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I like this place, but the swinging doors have got to go. It's the most economical place to eat in the Magic Kingdom, though, so it's worth stopping by for dinner.

PROS:

- The food is tasty. The prices, in general, are expensive at Disney, but you will get a large meal here for about $15. Not bad.
- If you have reservations, you will have a table. Make reservations a few weeks ahead of time, if possible.
- The staff is friendly.
- The desserts are ridiculously large. Try one.
- It's closer to the front of the park, so it's nice if you need a quick exit at the end of the night.

CONS:

- The yellow dresses that the servers wear look really bad. It reminds me of something my grandma would wear to bed. If she lived in 1848.
- The swinging doors are a nightmare. They squeak and bang every time a server goes through one of them, and some of the tables are perilously close to the "out" swinging doors. I almost took out a waitress carrying a full tray of food because my chair was right next to the door. It's ridiculous. I understand that they want to keep that old-parlor feel, but it's just dangerous for everyone involved. My advice is to ask to not be seated next to the irritating swinging doors.
- Not a lot of space inside. If you don't have reservations, you won't get a table. Trust me.
- Ask for your bill up front. If you don't, you will wait a long time for your server to bring you your bill for payment purposes. This is true for anywhere at Disney.

• Visited May 2012