“very good sometimes”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New York
“very good sometimes”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We come here every year when we go to Orlando. It is a good restaurant with decent prices and a good children's menu. I would stick with the pasta, though. I've gotten sick on the chicken parmagiana twice already ( and the chicken was not that great). Though the rest of the food was quite good ( pasta, bruchetta, bread).

• Visited July 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Javier rocks!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went here with 3 coworkers on a work trip 3 times in the past week. Had Javier as our server twice and a female server (forget her name) once. Both servers were super friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, and efficient.

The filet mignon was out of this world amazing, and all of us ordered it AT LEAST once out of our 3 visits. There are several menu items that are cooked over a large open grill in the center of the restaurant--almost very Argentinian style. The oak chips used gave the meat a really great flavor. Javier recommended a merlot that went very well with my filet. I also tried the chicken parmigiana one night, which was also quite tasty.

All in all, a great experience. The only "bad" things about Pacino's: the place has a kind of musty smell that you notice when you walk in. I think this is common in a lot of places in Florida due to humidity. Also, as several other reviewers stated, the roaming photographer was kind of unnecessary. I guess if you are there with family/tourists you might want a photo, but I personally do not want to be interrupted as I am scarfing down their amazing food :).

Next time I am in Orlando, for business or travel, I am making a point to dine at Pacino's!

1 Thank Sarrs
Los Angeles, California
“Great Restuarant”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is awesome. The food is always good. If you are a lover of Italian this is a great place to try.

• Visited January 2012
Algarve
“Ok Service but Bad Food”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

After a long day we just wanted something within walking distance of our hotel on our last night so we all decided this restaurant looked good - decor was nice and the menu sounded good - don't be fooled by appearance.
The food was all bad - smothered in tomato sauce that was basically a can of chopped tomatoes - no seasoning. Pasta was all overcooked and sticky - one dish we ordered was linguni with clams - could not eat it as the clam shells we all broken in the pasta and every mouthful was full of shell - they did take this off the bill after we complained - this was the most expensive meal we had in our 2 week visit and by far the worst!!!!
Also charged 18% service as we were a party of 7.

• Visited April 2012
Marriottsville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Restaurant I've Ever Been To!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I'm "into" food - love it, look forward to it, am motivated by good food. So when I went to visit my Daughter in Orlando we found this place and thought it was very cool looking and how could Italian food be bad? Well, let me tell you that it was horrible, from the appetizers to the dinner. We ordered a trio of appetizers with calamari, bruchetta, and mozzarella sticks. The calamari was overdone as if it had been reheated a number of times - and was tasteless. The bruchetta was a thin slice of very dry bread covered in an entire inch of tomatoes and saturated in oil. The mozzarella was just ok. I ordered the grilled mahi mahi, a local fresh favorite. It was so bad that the people on both sides of us at other tables complained about the smell. I tasted it - twice - and my daughter tasted it. it was totally inedible. Her shrimp were grainy and the pasta saturated in oil. The waiter was a sweetheart and kept saying the manager would come out to talk to us. But he never came. Eventually they took the fish off the bill. It was still outrageously expensive. I wouldn't have minded if the food was actually decent. I highly recommend avoiding this place like the plague! P.S. This is the first review I've ever written but I felt compelled to let folks know.

• Visited March 2012